A chance on Kane?

sekkes85

Can't imagine Buffalo being too happy with the kid right now. He has the talent but the off ice antics are a huge concern. We are in need of talent at LW, wpuld it be worth the risk to try and pry him away from Buffalo? He's only 24 years old with 2 years left at $5.25 so you hope the maturity issues will go away.  

What would it take to get him is the question? We would have to lose some salary in the process.  Read, Laughton or Cousons, and a 2nd?  

1 hour ago, sekkes85 said:

Can't imagine Buffalo being too happy with the kid right now. He has the talent but the off ice antics are a huge concern. We are in need of talent at LW, wpuld it be worth the risk to try and pry him away from Buffalo? He's only 24 years old with 2 years left at $5.25 so you hope the maturity issues will go away.  

What would it take to get him is the question? We would have to lose some salary in the process.  Read, Laughton or Cousons, and a 2nd?  

I'd rather see what Laughton and Cousins can develop into. 

Maybe if this was a year I thought should include a cup run, but at this point... There's time. 

No way. Flyers need to steer clear of Kane. He is a "me first" type of player that was not liked in the locker room of the Trashers/Jets. He is on thin ice in Buffalo and repeatedly shown poor judgement off the ice. Not what we need for our rebuild.

I can see the veterans on this team keeping him in check on the ice.  We could certainly use the skill level especially at LW and if we can get rid of a Read or other contract I'd be on board.

Kane was arrested in Buffalo for an incident that happened last month at a bar.

EDIT:  There is a formatting issue in the article posted below.  You have to scroll way down to read the rest of the article.

http://www.tsn.ca/evander-kane-arrested-by-buffalo-police-1.531000

Evander Kane arrested by Buffalo police

The Canadian Press

•  

Winnipeg Jets v Buffalo Sabres

Winnipeg Jets v Buffalo Sabres, Bill Wippert/National Hockey League/Getty Images

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Buffalo police say Sabres forward Evander Kane has been charged with four counts of non-criminal harassment and one count of misdemeanour trespass after an incident at a city bar last month.

Police say the 24-year-old Kane surrendered to authorities Friday and was issued a court appearance ticket.

NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly released the following statement:

"We are aware of the legal developments today in Buffalo relating to an incident involving Evander Kane in and around the time of the NHL Draft last month. While we intend to monitor the developments in his legal proceedings, at this time, it is not the League's current intention to take any form of disciplinary action against Mr. Kane. Mr. Kane will be directed to the NHL/NHLPA Behavioral Health professionals for evaluation and counseling, as they may determine necessary.‎"

Investigators say two women accused Kane of grabbing them at a bar on June 24.

According to the reports, one woman told police Kane threatened her inside the club and when outside, grabbed her throat. The second woman accused Kane of trying to force her from the bar.

Kane's attorney, Paul Cambria, didn't immediately return a call seeking comment.

In March, prosecutors said there was no evidence to support a sexual assault charge against Kane stemming from a December incident.

Kane has two years remaining on his contract.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

I guess it's safe to say the Kane brothers :56ce53d1d6689_IDunnoSmiley: are the douchebags of the NHL?

Some just say "Buffalo Sabres," but, yeah, that works too.

We just got rid of a stupid contract last season, and now we want to take on another one? Even if it is for 2 years, I say no way. He is a selfish player who needs to get his life under control, and act like a professional. There's better options than him, for sure.

Archived