2021 Semi Finals Round : Montreal Canadiens vs Las Vegas Golden Knights (MTL Wins 4-2)

Who Marches on To Play For Lord Stanley's Cup?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Marches on To Play For Lord Stanley's Cup?

• Canadiens Continue to Shock...Win in 4
    • Canadiens Prove North Division Fallacy and Win in 5
    • Canadiens Win Rough n Tumble Affair in 6
    • Canadiens Go The Distance. Ultimately KO the Knights in 7
    • Knights Slay the Habs Monster Easily in 4
    • Knights Prove a Habitan is No Match for a Knight in 5
    • Knights Find Some Trouble, But Still Get It Done in 6
    • Knights Win a Surprising Battle for the Ages in 7

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Yes, you did.
And according to the time stamp, you have a 'Johnny Come Lately' who voted on Saturday who agreed with you... lmao

The time date stamp on mine was after the series started, but I swore I had commented and voted before that.  Obviously, I didn't, so it had to be on another thread.

I just liked what they did at the deadline. Plus the addition of Caufield and they are dangerous.

• Like 1

Just now, ruxpin said:

The time date stamp on mine was after the series started, but I swore I had commented and voted before that.  Obviously, I didn't, so it had to be on another thread.

I just liked what they did at the deadline. Plus the addition of Caufield and they are dangerous.

Yes, you were pretty vocal about the Habs beforehand.
If the Bolts lose tomorrow, I will be a very sad camper.

Probably have to keep ME from sharp objects.... :ph34r:

Crazy as it sounds, if the Isles beat the Bolts, I am rooting NYI all the way for a couple reasons:

1--- To keep the Bolts tendencies towards losing to eventual winners (if you look back several post seasons, that has been mostly the case).
2--- I don't want no damned under .500 team hoisting the Cup
3--- I picked Edmonton to be the next Canadian based franchise to win the Stanley Cup, and I am hanging onto that like grim death!  ;) 

3 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Yes, you were pretty vocal about the Habs beforehand.
If the Bolts lose tomorrow, I will be a very sad camper.

Probably have to keep ME from sharp objects.... :ph34r:

Crazy as it sounds, if the Isles beat the Bolts, I am rooting NYI all the way for a couple reasons:

1--- To keep the Bolts tendencies towards losing to eventual winners (if you look back several post seasons, that has been mostly the case).
2--- I don't want no damned under .500 team hoisting the Cup
3--- I picked Edmonton to be the next Canadian based franchise to win the Stanley Cup, and I am hanging onto that like grim death!  ;) 

I don't want ANY Canadian team to win the Cup.  American sports championships should be won by US-based teams (/trolling).

And to repeat what I said in the shoutbox:  i want to inflict pain on Capitals fans and want to laugh harder at them 

Marvelous series. That Caufield is something else, isn't he! Rookie of the year if he had played during the regular season.

That's it, though. No team with three Finnish players in key roles ever won the Stanley Cup. Wait, the 80's Oilers maybe did. But they had Gretzky.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ruxpin said:

How'd that turn out?   #IDid

Called them in every series.

If Tampa wins the other series, then Habs win the Cup.

If the Isles win (and I called them to win), then I'm not sure.  I'll have to flip a coin.  The only time I doubted the Isles was against Boston, but that was about Rask, and he fell apart.

Isles/Habs is a hard call. Still thinking about that.  Not as obvious to me for the Habs as the first three rounds.

Montreal will never beat Tampa or Islanders 

2 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Montreal will never beat Tampa or Islanders 

I'm gonna go put money on it if it's Tampa/Montreal because you also said the Habs would never beat Vegas. Lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I'm gonna go put money on it if it's Tampa/Montreal because you also said the Habs would never beat Vegas. Lol

The curse of HJ strikes again!!!

• Good Post 1

9 hours ago, Icechipper said:

Happy for Eric Staal!

Me too. He was the most productive veteran for the Wild team history. He played for the club during 4 seasons. In one season he even was able to place same 42 goals as did Gaborik. No one else placed more goals in one season for the team. Team missed his valuable experience , especially our promising prospects. Extremely hardworking NHL player.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Marvelous series. That Caufield is something else, isn't he! Rookie of the year if he had played during the regular season.

That's it, though. No team with three Finnish players in key roles ever won the Stanley Cup. Wait, the 80's Oilers maybe did. But they had Gretzky.

Agree. This team for me is an impressive surprise including 3 Finnish players. They won all three rounds to advance to the Stanley finals when practically all media and fans were predicting their losses against Toronto, Winnipeg and Vegas.

I am glad that Vegas lost finally these series because they played a very dirty physical hockey against the Wild team, and especially against Kaprizov who was few times badly cross-checked by 2 Vegas players at the same time without giving any penalties from referees. Probably this was a factor, Kaprizov did not liked that play at all and now media is talking that he is going to sign a contract with a KHL CSKA team again. Hopefully, still he will be able to sign it with our team this off-season.

13 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Isles/Habs is a hard call.

It would be even with the Bolts. Montreal is just playing so well as a team and they have very solid depth.

And they can score thanks to the Flyers for leaving Caulfield on the counter for them...this always will sting the Flyers till York hoists a Cup in Philly...

3 hours ago, pilldoc said:

The curse of HJ strikes again!!!

Must I remind you who won the contests here with Blues and Capitals?  And I predicted a Canadian team would get to finals.  Just not this one.  I picked Islanders or Leafs to win East.  Still have a shot.  Montreal has NO CHANCE vs tonight’s winner!!!!!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Well a huge step in fixing everything is owning it.  

Have we ever seen such a comment from the Flyers current Captain??? I don't recall it if so.

Shea Theodore did not play well after the first game in this series. Not singling him out so much but he wasn't good....and he had a few guys who also didn't show up.

Marchessault was a ghost. Stone very disappointing zero goals or points.

And Karlsson zero goals in series. Max Pax 1 goal.

Epic fail by the whole team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Have we ever seen such a comment from the Flyers current Captain??? I don't recall it if so.

Shea Theodore did not play well after the first game in this series. Not singling him out so much but he wasn't good....and he had a few guys who also didn't show up.

I agree.  But I think just how good and how balanced the Montreal team is might be getting vastly under-appreciated by most.   This isn't just about Vegas failing;  it's about Montreal's play causing quite a bit of that.

• Like 3

Plus Vegas had at the end some problems with Fleury by having an evident mistakes in his play. Lehner played just 2 games in these series which one he won (2:1) in OT and one he lost(2:3) in OT as well. But Price was more consistent in his play in these series and in previous 2 series too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Agree. Vegas production was not perfect during these series. Mainly 2 goals per game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Must I remind you who won the contests here with Blues and Capitals?  And I predicted a Canadian team would get to finals.  Just not this one.  I picked Islanders or Leafs to win East.  Still have a shot.  Montreal has NO CHANCE vs tonight’s winner!!!!!

you know I'm joking!  After all you have had that history ..... (chuckling)

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Plus Vegas had at the end some problems with Fleury by having an evident mistakes in his play.

I may be alone but the coach fcuked up switching and making a deal about that.

As well as he has played for them. 

That was a glass house statement by him.

11 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow you had to go back to 2018 to find that?

Explain somethings.

Yes, but to be fair I only did a quick google search (I'm at work) and I tried to avoid the typical response of "we/I must do better as a team" which shows up periodically during the past 2 seasons.

• Like 1