Tarasenko for Jake rumor

jammer2

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2021/07/after-adding-ryan-ellis-is-vladimir-tarasenko-next-on-flyers-gm-chuck-fletchers-to-do-list.html

This rumor is making the rounds. Kraken select Tarasenko. Trade him to the Flyers for Vorachek and a 2nd or 3rd. Seattle then selects Hagg in the expansion draft. Assuming the medical checks out, less commitment cap wise, less term...way more goals than Jake can provide.

Risky? Hell yeah, but an acceptable roll of the dice. Worst case, Tarasenko hurts his shoulder again and is on LTIR the rest of the deal...and we are free of Jake, still have our first and JVRs goals...and JVR might be movable at the deadline. 

Edited by jammer2
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2021/07/after-adding-ryan-ellis-is-vladimir-tarasenko-next-on-flyers-gm-chuck-fletchers-to-do-list.html

This rumor is making the rounds. Kraken select Tarasenko. Trade him to the Flyers for Vorachek and a 2nd or 3rd. Seattle then selects Hagg in the expansion draft. Assuming the medical checks out, less commitment cap wise, less term...way more goals than Jake can provide.

Risky? Hell yeah, but an acceptable roll of the dice. Worst case, Tarasenko hurts his shoulder again and is on LTIR the rest of the deal...and we are free of Jake, still have our first and JVRs goals...and JVR might be movable at the deadline. 

Although I would love to get rid of Jake , I thought the goal here is to free up cap space? Doesn’t Tarastinkhole make 8 million?

10 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

I would make the trade but I ain't throwing in a 2nd or 3rd hell no.

I'll just live with Jake for another year.

F**K THAT. The Blues have no leverage in this deal. Jake isn't the one that requested a trade that would be Vlad.

7 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Although I would love to get rid of Jake , I thought the goal here is to free up cap space? Doesn’t Tarastinkhole make 8 million?

No he is cheaper by 750K and has one less year on the books than Jake.

But I am not giving them a 2nd or 3rd.

Vladimir requested the trade not Jake.

LEVERAGE!

23 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

No he is cheaper by 750K and has one less year on the books than Jake.

But I am not giving them a 2nd or 3rd.

Vladimir requested the trade not Jake.

LEVERAGE!

They would be dealing with Seattle, not the Blues. Granted, Tarasenko only waived his NMC for the draft, so he would have to ok the deal. He has already reportedly said the Flyers are on his list of acceptable teams. I do think the draft pick would be needed, or why would Seattle take on the extra year of Jake rather than just keeping Tarasenko? 

This might have legs cause the guy was right about Ellis at the deadline and Vegas wanting Patrick. 

16 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

They would be dealing with Seattle, not the Blues. Granted, Tarasenko only waived his NMC for the draft, so he would have to ok the deal. He has already reportedly said the Flyers are on his list of acceptable teams. I do think the draft pick would be needed, or why would Seattle take on the extra year of Jake rather than just keeping Tarasenko? 

This might have legs cause the guy was right about Ellis at the deadline and Vegas wanting Patrick. 

I don't care. I keep the picks I might like Jake but he is healthy and productive and I am not being held over a barrel.

Now if they were to do something else for the Flyers like at least take Ghost off their hands for the full cap hit i might be more inclined to give them a 3rd....maybe a 2nd if I had too.

But if Seattle doesn't claim him and they have to deal with the Blues then it is Jake for Vald or no dice.

26 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I don't care. I keep the picks I might like Jake but he is healthy and productive and I am not being held over a barrel.

Now if they were to do something else for the Flyers like at least take Ghost off their hands for the full cap hit i might be more inclined to give them a 3rd....maybe a 2nd if I had too.

But if Seattle doesn't claim him and they have to deal with the Blues then it is Jake for Vald or no dice.

Just playing devils advocate here, but before covid a deal was made that wiped 5 mill off the books for a 1st rounder. NYI just paid 2nd and 3rd plus Ladd for 5.5 cap relief. We are talking almost 9.5 mill in cap relief over 3 years, more if you count Hagg coming off. That is significant in today's flat cap. 

I will say 2nd and 3rds are worth more in this draft than any other, due to many CHL players not getting clean looks due to covid. Potential stars sitting there in rd 2 for sure. I'd be much more comfortable with a 3rd. 

Flyers should pay less than the going rate due to the risk of Tarasenkos shoulder....although Ladd was out all year...and that deal just happened, BUT the NYI were also desperate due to RFAs needing to be signed. 

Edited by jammer2
  • Like 2
  • Good Post 1

I'm doing this and then again and again.

The draft pick is for the cap help and for taking Hagg instead of Ghost or JVR.

it's not a first round pick because of Vlad's injury concerns.  I have no problem giving up the 2nd or 3rd in THIS year's draft.  I would be okay if it's next year's draft, but this year's is easier.

Do it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jammer2 said:

I don’t want to trade Voracek for an older player coming off of a serious injury, that we are dependent upon. They might as well try Voracek and…Sanheim?…for Nylander + a high pick, if they’re going to swipe Voracek for Tarasenko. The Leafs won’t do that, though…most likely.

Edited by FD19372

50 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I don’t want to trade Voracek for an older player coming off of a serious injury, that we are dependent upon. They might as well try Voracek and…Sanheim?…for Nylander + a high pick, if they’re going to swipe Voracek for Tarasenko. The Leafs won’t do that, though…most likely.

Tarasenko turns 30 on Dec 13.

Vorachek turns 32 on August 11. 

Ok.

I guess I'm in.

I am banking on Vlad the impaler being motivated and wanting to show the Blues the f**ked up

And only AND I think come the trade deadline in 2022-23 they can recoup their pick when they trade Vlad to another team.

:whiteflag:

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

people want a sniper, this is a guy that's available that won't break the bank or deplete the farm. 

I'm giving in for this reason alone.

If he can regain this form we will be happy.

I expect him to be motivated.

And we may rather have him on out team than have to face him on a Rangers or Isles team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

I'm doing this and then again and again.

The draft pick is for the cap help and for taking Hagg instead of Ghost or JVR.

it's not a first round pick because of Vlad's injury concerns.  I have no problem giving up the 2nd or 3rd in THIS year's draft.  I would be okay if it's next year's draft, but this year's is easier.

Do it.

I'm doing it too. Jake has to go. I dont get why the Kraken would take Hagg over Ghost though

I wouldn't blink. Pull the trigger 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I understand, but Tarasenko has more wear and tear.

I think Vlad is worth the risk and they can recoup the picks when they trade him either next summer or at the deadline in 2022-23 as a rental.

Do it!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

He’s coming off of a serious injury…is he not?

He is coming off a third shoulder surgery because the Blues doctors botched the first two hence why he is pissed at them wait till he gets a load of the Flyers medical staff.

• Haha 3
  • Good Post 1

3 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I dont get why the Kraken would take Hagg over Ghost though

Salary cap is the only thing I can think of. 

I would think a guy like Ghost would help put asses in seats. 

He's a high event player (both ways) but he can electrify a crowd.

I would think an expansion team would want that. Unless they're going to play the trap and bore everyone while they play .550 hockey.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mojo1917 said:

Salary cap is the only thing I can think of. 

I would think a guy like Ghost would help put asses in seats. 

He's a high event player (both ways) but he can electrify a crowd.

I would think an expansion team would want that. Unless they're going to play the trap and bore everyone while they play .550 hockey.

With the right partner I think Ghost or Hagg can be good additions it may just come down to who Hak prefers the most seriously.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

He’s coming off of a serious injury…is he not?

Sure, but I dont really equate that to wear and tear. Injuries happen, and players can recover. 

We are prolly discussing semantics. For me, wear and tear results in tired legs, low minutes, decreased skill, you know, Claude Giroux

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

The Voracek carrots are cooked, he's gotta go or he's going to derail the team this year.

the only thing that'll derail is this forum. His teammates, his coaches and the community where he donates his time for various charity events all seem to like him.

But I'm convinced he'll be gone after the draft. Not for any reason generally given here but because he's too expensive for top 6 player who averages ~20 goals. His salary has to buy you a goal scorer.