Game 6: Flyers at Canucks; 10/28/21 @ 10 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

The bookies are split on this one.  The odds are slightly in favor of Vancouver, but the computer predicts a close Flyers win:

https://news.sportsinteraction.com/nhl/story/flyers-vs-canucks-odds-prediction-102821-146894

It is Jones versus Demko; Ellis is apparently a no-go.  Physically and mentally, last night had to be a drag.  

On another note, Oskar Lindblom has one point so far.  JVR has two.  We can't depend on Cam forever.

LGF

Edited by Howie58

17 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Physically and mentally, last night had to be a drag. 

Yes - but a huge confidence boost to beat that team and the Canucks don't have the team speed the Oilers have. But can't be taken lightly.

I hope Jones is rested and up for the task of trying to keep the team in this game.

Thankfully they don't have a Mcdavid on the team but their goalie is better. 

So we'll see but one thing remains the same - stay the f**k out the box!!!!

I won't be able to watch this more than the first period since i have to be up at 4 am for work.

Go Flyers!!!

:PopcornSmiley2:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Howie58 said:

On another note, Oskar Lindblom has one point so far.  JVR has two.  We can't depend on Cam forever.

This.  While I understand the patience with Oskar, I'd like to see some more work out of him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Samifan said:

Another post where I gladly eat crow about Martin Jones. Well done sir!

2 solid games by him. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess he doesn't keep up the .941 all year. But off to a good start.

That's two pretty good wins against two decent teams.

Jesus Christ is Connor McDavid fast, then to add Drisaitl, how does a team ever get the puck away from either them and when they're doubled up, it's more terrifying than Crosby and Malkin.

Giroux has been pretty unbeatable at the dot on this trip, 5 straight to close out Edmonton? I know it was 4 and can't remember if he won the draw before the ENG. Couturier looks to be settling into his franchise money too, he's looked better each game I've watched. 

All this without the top RHD and 2C, I'm pleasantly surprised. This start has exceeded my expectations.

I think Brass and Yands were great signings. Even if they **** the bed from December on , guys will be coming back and they'll be less relied upon. Right now they are delivering and the team needed them to. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, radoran said:

Well, hey hey hey will you look at that? A JVR sighting! Trade him now! His value will never be higher!

In other news - checks notes - Scott Laughton still has 0 assists for the season.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

You make a good point. I didn't look at Laughton's stats but you are right.  Goose egg.   Much like Raffl, Laughton can play up and down the lineup in a pinch but excels on the 4th line.  When Hayes is back that should allow him to be back in to a more favorable line.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Digityman said:

You make a good point. I didn't look at Laughton's stats but you are right.  Goose egg.   Much like Raffl, Laughton can play up and down the lineup in a pinch but excels on the 4th line.  When Hayes is back that should allow him to be back in to a more favorable line.

Right, not to knock on Laughton - who I have come around a lot on as a bottom six energy player, generally more suited to wing. But he's not an offensive center who will bring out the best in wingers like Lindblom and JVR.

It's not "a problem" because the team is obviously playing well as a whole, but it's always a Good Thing to have the depth scoring.

An effective Hayes will do a lot to add to that depth.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Digityman said:

If we get the effective Hayes, I'm starting to get excited to see what this team could do. 

As a cautionary tale, I'm considering using my #17 jersey hanging in the closet as my Halloween costume - the Ghost of Wayne Simmonds.

Hayes needs to come back at a real 90+% and not take the "I want to get out on the ice as soon as possible" route.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Digityman said:

Or with that #17 you could throw eggs at houses but miss high and wide....

Or get into the Flyers Hall of Fame for winning a Cup with another franchise... Or for inaugurating the two least successful periods in franchise history...

Decisions, decisions...

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool: