Who thinks this is still a playoff team?

Fizz

The problem with AV is his style of coaching just doesn't work in this new NHL and he flat out refuses to change or adapt.

The opposition coaches have seen his game plan this year and adapting to play the Flyers but AV wont change his game plan. Hell if Hart wasn't standing on his head some games the record would look a lot worse.

AV's coaching philosophy has come and gone.......and don't even get me started on the clown show that are his assistant coaches.

1 hour ago, Fizz said:

The problem with AV is his style of coaching just doesn't work in this new NHL and he flat out refuses to change or adapt.

He's been to the Final twice as a coach since the lockout and the Flyers won their first round of playoffs in about a decade in his first season as coach two seasons ago.

When did this new era of NHL hockey start?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, radoran said:

He's been to the Final twice as a coach since the lockout and the Flyers won their first round of playoffs in about a decade in his first season as coach two seasons ago.

It was three weeks ago. It was a Tuesday... No wait, I think it was Wednesday.  Maybe Monday.  I know it was raining.   I forget what I was watching but I know it wasn't the Flyers because they suck and watching Sesame Street in Bengali is much more enjoyable. Anyway, I know it was three weeks ago.

#AmIright?

Edited by ruxpin

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

but I know it wasn't the Flyers because they suck and watching a lobotomy performed in Bengali would be more enjoyable.

Fixed it for ya. While you're in Bengali, check out their line of 2020-2021 Philadelphia Flyers Stanley Cup champion apparel.:ph34r:

Edited by FD19372

7 hours ago, radoran said:

I'm no AV acolyte, but the guy has been further in the playoffs than most coaches.

They've tried experience, they've tried first timers, they've now tried a two time Cup Finalist.

WHO IS IT that finally gets this team to put it all together?

I'm not sure that guy exists because I'm not convinced that this team is a coaching change away from competiveness...

Arguably he took talented teams to the final that should have won the final. I personally think he has been overrated for his whole career. 

Unless you want to gut the roster and start all over from scratch I think given the players on the roster we need to open it up and play a more attacking aggressive offensively driven style. We'd surrender more goals and rely on the goalies a lot but presumably also score more. Players on this roster are more suited to that I think. 

It's also time to play kids over veterans who aren't getting it done. 

45 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

I personally think he has been overrated for his whole career. 

I am not the first in line to disagree.

46 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

Unless you want to gut the roster and start all over from scratch I think given the players on the roster we need to open it up and play a more attacking aggressive offensively driven style.

I agree with both ideas.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, radoran said:

Laugh and make fun of me all you want. Deep down you know I'm right and you just wont admit it.

Keep the orange glasses on and maybe just maybe they will luck into the playoffs and get hot and win the cup......not!!

3 hours ago, ruxpin said:

It was three weeks ago. It was a Tuesday... No wait, I think it was Wednesday.  Maybe Monday.  I know it was raining.   I forget what I was watching but I know it wasn't the Flyers because they suck and watching Sesame Street in Bengali is much more enjoyable. Anyway, I know it was three weeks ago.

#AmIright?

Laugh and make fun of me all you want. Deep down you know I'm right and you just wont admit it.

Keep the orange glasses on and maybe just maybe they will luck into the playoffs and get hot and win the cup......not!!

10 minutes ago, Fizz said:

Yeah, I'm a stepford.

Tell Pulp Fiction GIF

21 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

And as you said goaltending not being the worst in the league and guys that had rough 20/21 seasons bouncing back for 21/22 even just reverting to the mean, it was a legitimate playoff team.

Keep telling yourself that.  I mean no one can prove you wrong.  But plenty of people said that even if all these things happen they were no better than the teams over the last decade that made the playoffs and never showed anything.

10 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

Unless you want to gut the roster and start all over from scratch I think given the players on the roster we need to open it up and play a more attacking aggressive offensively driven style. We'd surrender more goals and rely on the goalies a lot but presumably also score more. Players on this roster are more suited to that I think. 

So they loose 5-3 instead of 2-1.  Sounds exciting.

I want to gut management.

56 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

I want to gut management.

Clearly this is where the issue lies.  And not Fletcher--he's a symptom.  Start with the guy who inexplicably was just inserted into the Flyers Hall of Douchebaggery.   Then the rest of the ancient remnants of the Library of Skulls:  Clarke, Barber, Dave Scott for starters.

Why couldn't the Red Sox have bought the Flyers?  Because the other thing on my wishlist is the crashing and burning of Comcast. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Clearly this is where the issue lies.  And not Fletcher--he's a symptom.  Start with the guy who inexplicably was just inserted into the Flyers Hall of Douchebaggery.   Then the rest of the ancient remnants of the Library of Skulls:  Clarke, Barber, Dave Scott for starters.

Why couldn't the Red Sox have bought the Flyers?  Because the other thing on my wishlist is the crashing and burning of Comcast. 

this grit and grind style is the reason why this team is bad, it's not working anymore, you look at the kings and islanders they are grit and grind teams and they are falling apart. it's not the gms are bad, it's the styles that arent working anymore. more teams are taking skill over grit. until we have more skill players, we arent going to be successful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

Its not the coach. There is no leadership. Off ice, the management leadership group are old dinosaurs and shareholders. On ice leadership are honey badgers. They don't give a ****. 

im going to throw this pipedream lineup what do you think forsberg, hertl, tarasenko?

5 hours ago, tucson83 said:

this grit and grind style is the reason why this team is bad, it's not working anymore, you look at the kings and islanders they are grit and grind teams and they are falling apart. it's not the gms are bad, it's the styles that arent working anymore. more teams are taking skill over grit. until we have more skill players, we arent going to be successful.

I think this is only partly true. It's not about skill over grit but about balance. You need skill, for sure, and the times have changed, but without grit you exit the playoffs early (think Toronto). Tampa had skill but didn't win in the playoffs until they added a pile of grit. You need both. Power forwards are still what you want with your skilled playmaker. Balance.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

On 11/27/2021 at 8:13 AM, radoran said:

And we can agree to differ, but I still don't see Mr. Not All His Fault as some great leader - and my perspective is only his entire career as captain. Yes, players in his room and on his roster say they like him and he's a leader but they haven't won much of anything under his leadership.

I have said it here many times - the Flyers will never win a Cup with Captain Zero. Good player, zero leadership. Worst long term captain in team history.