Game 33: Flyers at Ducks; 1/4/22 @ 10 PM; ESPN+, NBCSP

Howie58

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

just trying to figure out WTF they are trying to do

lol ha - yeah you, me and about 200 other fans on this board. Trying to figure out what the Flyers' plan is - long-term, short-term, even a game plan - is an exercise in futility best I can tell.

There is literally zero player development. Naturally talented scorers like Farabee and D-men like Provorov don't progress. It's like their hit their plateau in their rookie season. WTF is that about? The team bounces in and out of the playoffs and never feels like a real threat to win the Cup, never in all my years of watching them anyway.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, radoran said:

They didn't want him to change his game. They wanted "his game." And they think he is fitting in well and "wants to be a Flyer."

That said, he did have some offensive side to "his game" before the Sabres turned him into Ivan Drago to compliment Oh My Dahlin. I don't know if that player is ever coming back.

I have zero problems if they walk away, but I just can't see them walking away after what they gave up.

This is a guy Fletcher wanted, targeted, pursued and ultimately gave up a 1st, 2 2nds, a 7th, and two roster players to go get.

and yet suckheim gets no blame, he stands around like he's on drugs and expects risto to do all the work. trade suckheim and play york full time with risto.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Trying to figure out what the Flyers' plan is - long-term, short-term, even a game plan - is an exercise in futility best I can tell.

It really is this simple:

"Make the playoffs and anything can happen"

The only plan is "make the playoffs".

It's the same plan they've been working with for several decades, that has just become (more) useless in the capped world that they insisted upon imposing on the league.

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 1

16 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

lol ha - yeah you, me and about 200 other fans on this board. Trying to figure out what the Flyers' plan is - long-term, short-term, even a game plan - is an exercise in futility best I can tell.

There is literally zero player development. Naturally talented scorers like Farabee and D-men like Provorov don't progress. It's like their hit their plateau in their rookie season. WTF is that about? The team bounces in and out of the playoffs and never feels like a real threat to win the Cup, never in all my years of watching them anyway.

Their overall plan is this...don't be dead last in the standings, and don't be good enough to even make the playoffs. In other words, more years of blind loyalists filling the seats at the WFC and giving us false hopes from time to time, but ultimately being stuck in neutral for the foreseeable future. This organization drives me nuts. I mean...look at Anaheim. They have a good young bunch of players to build around.

I think that the Ducks, for example, are going to be a good team for a while, with players like Milano, Steel, Comtois, and Drysdale to name a few. They sucked for a while and are now trending a bit upward. They seemed to have done things right. By comparison, we still don't know what the hell half of the Flyers young players on the roster, really are. I find the Flyers scouting department highly questionable at best, so I have zero confidence in their abilities to find talent that clicks together, and fits the NHL style of today. I'm afraid we're stuck in the eternal hell that is between mediocrity, and teams like this one ...with no chance of even a playoff appearance until an ownership/front office shakeup. The Yeo Error has about two weeks left, but he isn't the main issue. Far from it.

20 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

and yet suckheim gets no blame, he stands around like he's on drugs and expects risto to do all the work. trade suckheim and play york full time with risto.

I seen a rumor the Yotes might be looking to move Jacob Chychrun and well i would pick up the phone and offer Sanheim for him in a trade because sure he isn't a whole lot better in his own end (but he displays an actual better effort than Travis) but at least Jacob can actually move the puck and provide some much needed offense.

Sanheim well i am always waiting for him to provide some good offense we envisioned but well he just can't get his head out his ass long enough to do so....and well Risto ain't helping him....so a change of scenery trade would work for me.

39 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I seen a rumor the Yotes might be looking to move Jacob Chychrun and well i would pick up the phone and offer Sanheim for him in a trade because sure he isn't a whole lot better in his own end (but he displays an actual better effort than Travis) but at least Jacob can actually move the puck and provide some much needed offense.

Sanheim well i am always waiting for him to provide some good offense we envisioned but well he just can't get his head out his ass long enough to do so....and well Risto ain't helping him....so a change of scenery trade would work for me.

It would be worth exploring but Chychrun comes from a struggling organization. Even though he has been in the NHL a while, I worry about inserting another very young player into this defense. It's hard to deny that he has a lot of skill, that we need on the back end, though.

• Like 1

I got a little excited when I saw the lineup last night, I thought Chuckie actually did something decent moving forward. There is nobody in this organization who will be part of a Cup win in Philly. Everybody from Scott, Clarke, Homer, all the way down to Gritty, they can all go, scouts, trainers, stick boys, BITFU, the only ones I keep are Provorov and Hart, and I would trade them out of pity and respect to them. 

1 hour ago, flyer4ever said:

I got a little excited when I saw the lineup last night, I thought Chuckie actually did something decent moving forward. There is nobody in this organization who will be part of a Cup win in Philly. Everybody from Scott, Clarke, Homer, all the way down to Gritty, they can all go, scouts, trainers, stick boys, BITFU, the only ones I keep are Provorov and Hart, and I would trade them out of pity and respect to them. 

I have to throw Farabee in there this kid is legit I don't know how you don’t see that.

I will chalk it up to you forgetting him...

14 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I have to throw Farabee in there this kid is legit I don't know how you don’t see that.

Farabee CAN be legit. The jury is still out. Outside of a three game stretch outside of the beginning of the season, and a three game strect at the end of November...what has he done? I mean, the team has bigger issues like James VanOverpaidsdyk...but in spite being 4th in scoring, the jury is still out on Farabee.

Edited by FD19372

4 hours ago, FD19372 said:

Outside of a three game stretch outside of the beginning of the season, and a three game strect at the end of November...what has he done?

Have you seen the team he is working with and the guys he has to help him KEEP the puck??

He is 3rd on the team in goals (which is tied for 27th in the NHL which would make him the top 21 year old LW in the NHL everyone in front of him is older)....and is only 21 so yeah the jury is still out but as it should be on a kid that young IDGAF i am building on arguably the top sniper on the team....you just have build around the key pieces and Hart Ivan and Joel are my guys.

Now make me an offer for all the rest of this junk....

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I don't see it either.

IMO the only one that should not be on the trade block is Hart. But I hope Fletcher is gone before the trade deadline so he can't F'up this team any worse.

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

i would be surprised if Homer pushed it saying this is the type of guy we need in our line up and then told Chuckles to go out and get him...i don't know about you but on my job when my boss tells me to do something well i do it.

While I won't disagree that this deal would definitely have the "Homer approved" stamp on it, it's also exactly the kind of deal several of us warned several of you that Fletcher would make en route to completely destroying this team. Just like he did in his coveted state...that he's not even from. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I seen a rumor the Yotes might be looking to move Jacob Chychrun

I honestly don't want Fletcher involved in any more trades. The guy basically makes one lateral trade, then gets raped on the next, then a lateral, then raped again.