Giroux Trade Talk

elmatus

57 minutes ago, radoran said:

Watching "The Case for 88" brought back just how petulant, self-righteous, and massively overconfident ol' Bob was...

Not only that, I think he was the main reason for Lindros's failures here. Everything from team building around him, to telling Lindros "Hey Eric...you might want to not skate much with your head down... in the NHL."

Edited by FD19372

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Schmuck Felcher talks a good game with regards to the direction of the franchise, but then he does something stupid like hiring Ian Laperriere to coach the Phantoms. Why wouldn't he hire a coach with a track record of player development

Don't blame Chuckles for that one. Blame Dave "preserve the rotten Flyer culture" Scott. Laperriere simply was offered the "Flyers Friends and Family" job offer, and took it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Hey it's more exciting than just...Gritty. 

That is until we see the return.

Don't forget Mrs. Gritty, Gritty Jr., Grittyette, Gritty's mom and dad, cousin Gritty, Gritty's dog and cat.

#FlyersCulture2022

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So Kaut and Raanta would be enough for you for Giroux?

Flyers would have to pick up some salary or take a contract back to make the cap work.

Ryan Murray back to help with that?? Not sure how much depth he is for them.

Oh hell no. It's gotta be Kaut, Helleson, Jost and a draft pick. Colorado doesn't take a hit to their prospect depth and the Flyers still get a good forward and defensive prospect. Jost becomes the defacto number 3 center. As long as Hayes and Couturier are out, that's going to mean Frost goes into the top six. I'm down with that. 

21 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Kaut

I read he has skating issues is it skating issues like Coots or skating issues like Strome?

Otherwise i'm out give me the good luck Finn. Flyers need more size at forward.

And Kaut the Flyers luck is more lazy like Jake than good like Palat.....

What is Tyson Jost?? Scott Laughton lite?? I guess just for salary reasons.

I think they are going to have a few suitors for him if for nothing but to drive up the price.

But as @radoran noted the Stars want to move Pavelski so that is a good option too always liked his leadership on the ice and thought he played with passion....his speed and skills are eroding but he can still be like a Staal or Perry was for Montreal when they made the Cup.

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I read he has skating issues is it skating issues like Coots or skating issues like Strome?

Otherwise i'm out give me the good luck Finn. Flyers need more size at forward.

And Kaut the Flyers luck is more lazy like Jake than good like Palat.....

He's not a burner. He's a good skater, but not elite. Not everyone is elite. Lindblom isn't elite, but he's good. I take the whole skating comment with a grain of salt because not everyone is McDavid or Kyrou. That's the exception, not the rule. And Kaut is also a very good two-way winger. He'd be a great fit for Frost. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

He's not a burner. He's a good skater, but not elite. Not everyone is elite. Lindblom isn't elite, but he's good. I take the whole skating comment with a grain of salt because not everyone is McDavid or Kyrou. That's the exception, not the rule. And Kaut is also a very good two-way winger. He'd be a great fit for Frost. 

I want whatever moves them forward to getting closer to back to being one of the top teams in their division....i'm stay with those short term goals.....if you win your division then you can look toward the conference but right now they need to get out the basement of the division and no more...

15 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I want whatever moves them forward to getting closer to back to being one of the top teams in their division....i'm stay with those short term goals.....if you win your division then you can look toward the conference but right now they need to get out the basement of the division and no more...

Hell, in the short term, I'll take some WATCHABLE hockey 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Cheesesteak said:

Hell, in the short term, I'll take some WATCHABLE hockey 

They're only going to get worse in the immediate short term.

I don't think I'm tuning in again until after the trade deadline.

I do think it might be interesting to see York, Frost, and I'm going to include Ratcliffe because, he is intriguing, play NHL minutes. 

In the medium short term, aka: next year I think the team might be good. Depending on what happens with the trade deadline.

We could see Ol' Forrester, Brink, Wisdom, Desnoyers and #5 or 6 plus Giroux trade piece 1 and 2...a healthy Couturier and Ellis. 

Might not be terrible or at the very least bad in a different way.i don't know idk GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

They're only going to get worse in the immediate short term.

I don't think I'm tuning in again until after the trade deadline.

I do think it might be interesting to see York, Frost, and I'm going to include Ratcliffe because, he is intriguing, play NHL minutes. 

In the medium short term, aka: next year I think the team might be good. Depending on what happens with the trade deadline.

We could see Ol' Forrester, Brink, Wisdom, Desnoyers and #5 or 6 plus Giroux trade piece 1 and 2...a healthy Couturier and Ellis. 

Might not be terrible or at the very least bad in a different way.i don't know idk GIF by Robert E Blackmon

The only problem is that the stench of the old regime, Schmuck and Nature Boy will still be around. And we all know that the young players will be in third and fourth line roles because RAAAAAAAAH DEVELOPMENT!!!!!!

I think if this trade goes down with the Avs it will be for prospect in the AHL and not so much about picks - since we know the Flyers want to retool and not rebuild. So if they get picks they could be 4-5 years away.

So that brings us to these prospects:

Justin Barron RHD 6-2 195

Bowen Byram LHD 6-1 190

Martin Kaut RW 6-2 190

Samo Raanta LW 6-2 195 

So which two prospect and i would say a 2023 2nd round pick would be close to what they may land for Giroux. And as has been leaked they will pick up 50% of Giroux's cap hit.

The only thing none of these prospects are from Minnesota...now we just wait.

Better move Giroux before he gets hurt.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think if this trade goes down with the Avs it will be for prospect in the AHL and not so much about picks - since we know the Flyers want to retool and not rebuild. So if they get picks they could be 4-5 years away.

Bowen Byram LHD 6-1 190

Martin Kaut RW 6-2 190

Samo Raanta LW 6-2 195 

So which two prospect and i would say a 2023 2nd round pick would be close to what they may land for Giroux. And as has been leaked they will pick up 50% of Giroux's cap hit.

Ranta played hockey at the University of Minnesota. 

• Like 1

One other thing about Giroux - I fully expect the trade will take place a day or two before the deadline. On March 17, if he remains uninjured and in the lineup, he'll play his 1000th game in a Flyers uniform. That means something to him and that will be the day he gets to say goodbye. If Schmuck deals him before that, then we know that he was listening to Bob Clarke because Clarke is a non sentimental guy and he'd move someone if it meant the Flyers were getting something. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SCFlyguy said:

No.

I have no idea what the team will look like next season. I'm sure when the season is over, you'll tell us. 

Keep on putting those good vibes into the world though. 

We definitely need more of that.

Blah Blah Blah Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Bowen Byram LHD 6-1 190

Martin Kaut RW 6-2 190

Samo Raanta LW 6-2 195 

I dont think we will get Byram or Newhook, so maybe  Ranta and Baron?  Baron is a right hander with good size, if he is NHL ready,he can step in and then we can unload Risto and save 6 million. I don't want Jost, he is first round  flop, we've had enough of those already.

11 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I don't want Jost

I think if he is part of the trade it would be only to help salary wise because say it was Raanta and Barron for arguements sake well both of those contracts are off their books because they are in the AHL.

So the Avs only have 1.6 mill in cap space so if true the Flyers are willing to pick up half his cap hit then that leaves them with having to absorb 4.1 mill of G's cap space Jost has a 2 mill price tag so that would bring them 3.6 mill in space to be able to take on Giroux.

So they will need to free up even more space for this to go down...so how else would they do this unless it is to take on another contract???

Tyso Jost 2.0 mill

Sampo Raanta 925K

Justin Barron 925K 

?????????

for Giroux 4.1 mill (of 8.250 mill.)

If someone else see that i am making a mistake with my calculations please chime in thanks.

Edited by OccamsRazor
The Bourbon ain't working...

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think if he is part of the trade it would be only to help salary wise because say it was Raanta and Barron for arguements sake well both of those contracts are off their books because they are in the AHL.

So the Avs only have 1.6 mill in cap space so if true the Flyers are willing to pick up half his cap hit then that leaves them with having to absorb 4.1 mill of G's cap space Jost has a 2 mill price tag so that would bring them 3.6 mill in space to be able to take on Giroux.

So they will need to free up even more space for this to go down...so how else would they do this unless it is to take on another contract???

Tyso Jost 2.0 mill

Sampo Raanta 925K

Justin Barron 925K 

?????????

for Giroux

If somone else see that i am making a mistake with my calculations please chime in thanks.

Maybe we pick up all the $$Cap and ask for a draft pick instead. Jost hasn't done much of anything in 5 years. 

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

If someone else see that i am making a mistake with my calculations please chime in thanks

I started the thread in the Avs forum because I honeslty don't know what all of that stuff means "in real life"

1 minute ago, RonJeremy said:

Maybe we pick up all the $$Cap and ask for a draft pick instead. Jost hasn't done much of anything in 5 years. 

Maximum retention is 50%

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Can't do that i think they are projected to only have about 2.8 mill in cap space at the deadline unless they free up more by then.

5 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Crap....

Where there is a will there is a way.

They could also take back 35 year old Darren Helm's contract to help out to and remember this is only to help with the cap space so Jost and Helm would free up about 3 mill to go with their already 1.6 mill in cap space so right there seems to be enough to help this go down.

12 minutes ago, radoran said:

I started the thread in the Avs forum because I honeslty don't know what all of that stuff means "in real life"

Yes i need to check that to see if anyone has posted anything...