Fletcher’s presser this Wednesday

Samifan

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

LOL .....Classic!!!

Oh the memories!

:lol:

LOL.  much like the flyers, i have my moments.  that was a special one, though.  couldn't have done it without the exact right person on the other side of it.  he's still around here, isn't he?  new account, new name, same pfffft?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, FD19372 said:

They had Risebrough as GM from 1999-2009 and that included one division title and three playoff appearances. The state of the Wild probably was probably not all that good. With Chuck, they had six playoff appearances in nine years. I would say it improved a bit from the prior regime.

He had zero division titles in 9 years. Not that division titles are anything to brag about. But he couldn't even deliver ONE of those.

Though as a Flyer fan, I think that's something we can set our sights on as the ultimate goal with Chuckie as GM. 

9 minutes ago, aziz said:

LOL.  much like the flyers, i have my moments.  that was a special one, though.  couldn't have done it without the exact right person on the other side of it.  he's still around here, isn't he?  new account, new name, same pfffft?

yes he is still around ....an yup ...new name same pffft ....but in all honestly has toned it down some ......

31 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

yes he is still around ....an yup ...new name same pffft ....but in all honestly has toned it down some ......

well, hey, we all mature eventually (except ruxpin).  

(omg, just realized, my ruxpin quote was removed from my sig.  sorry, teddy, love you man)

10 hours ago, aziz said:

His team just kicked ours ass....again! And he hasn't even been around to gloat. But ya, he's around. 

Welcome back sir.

13 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I think that's something we can set our sights on as the ultimate goal with Chuckie as GM. 

What's that? Division title? A title? You're talking to me about A DIVISION TITLE?

I just hope they can win a game...

#JimMora

Edited by radoran
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

It will be a show about nothing,Cosmo Kramer Omg GIF

Rumors are the press conference is about them promoting Chuckles to Assistant to the Assistant Vice president of operations and they are hiring Danny Briere as the new GM...

:NinjaLookLeftRight1:

• Uggh... 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

Rumors are the press conference is about them promoting Chuckles to Assistant to the Assistant Vice president of operations and they are hiring Danny Briere as the new GM...

:NinjaLookLeftRight1:

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

1 minute ago, mojo1917 said:

I don't think i would hate this actually.

I would. He has no experience, and played too long for the Flyers, for him to be a true outside opinion. He won't remove the cancer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I don't think i would hate this actually.

Yeah me either because I really can't think of anyone else who would want to get involved with this hot mess of a franchise now.

And hey atleast it is change...

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working
  • Like 2

Why do I think this is just a press conference to announce the addition of John Kreese...er John Torchetti as an assistant? Not trying to "sweep the leg" out from under the press conference, by any means.

Edited by FD19372

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah me either because I really can't think of anyone else who would want to get involved with this hot mess of a franchise now.

And hey ateast it is change...

He always struck me as an intelligent guy. No idea if it'll translate into coaching or managing ability but like Razor says at this point "at least it is change."

14 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

The whole press conference is "We'll LOOK into trading G, and we're OK with our Flyers is suk". "We see progress...Hey look, a unicorn!"

Well i sure hope it has changed just trade that guy for whatever.

"The goal when we traded for him was to keep him" - Chuck on Risto

• Like 1

Fletcher says that both Ellis and Couturier are working hard, but there's a chance they could miss the rest of the season. Trying to avoid surgery for both but that's possible.

Why Chuckles go ahead and get the damn surgery this year is OVER!!!!

Do like Sharks did with Karlsson he is waiting he is having surgery and will try to make it back for a playoff push.

That is what you are supposed to do it isn't fair for the rest of the team to put it off it isn't no different when a player hides an injury and tries to play through it I get it but you owe it to the team to go ahead and get surgery and just do the best you can to get back.

Damn I hate this flawed philosophy with them it is so effin annoying.

🤬