LA interested in Konecney

icehole

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

Well Brassard is supposed to be back in the lineup and i was seeing he might be the first one moved soon.

Fingers crossed and don't stop there a few more pieces to choose from too....

Remember that time Brassard helped the Flyers?:eyeroll:

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

Remember that time Brassard helped the Flyers?:eyeroll:

He did actually play pretty well to start the season but once they went into the can so did his play as well as his health.

So even though he played way better than i thought he was going to play it is time to find him another home where ever that may be...i wish him well Yandle i hope joins him packing his bags...and after that pick a guy.

I feel deep down in muh belly that Giroux stays in Philly....happy to be wrong.

But if Risto, Braun and JVR get moved i can live with it...

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I feel deep down in muh belly that Giroux stays in Philly....happy to be wrong.

But if Risto, Braun and JVR get moved I can live with it.

I can't. I would rather they trade Giroux, give him his shot at a Cup somewhere...and then sign him here to Philly, at a more reasonable salary/term for this franchise.

49 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I can't. I would rather they trade Giroux, give him his shot at a Cup somewhere...and then sign him here to Philly, at a more reasonable salary/term for this franchise.

It's not what I want it is about what I think WILL happen.

I'm just ready for something to happen some kind of movement trade or something exciting because I have given up on watching them so nothing else to really talk about other than the horses we have beat into ash on these boards.

Give us something else to discuss....

• Like 1

@CoachX

I see what you're saying. It's hard to get a good read on individual players right now because theres really no motivation to give it your all. I can defend Hart if he isn't great for a game here and a game there. All players are going to take off a few games over the season, especially if it's a bad season.

I think my problem with TK is that he's underperformed so far in his NHL career as a whole. And to go 20+ games without a goal on top of that, that's hard to swallow. 

It could just be a product of how the season has gone, but as a fan, I want change. And as a couch GM, I know I have to give up something desirable to get something desirable. Flyers don't have a ton of desirable players, so I'd be willing to say goodbye.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, icehole said:

TK is that he's underperformed so far in his NHL career as a whole.

I don't really get this.

Guy had 24 goals and 47 points as a 20-year-old. Followed up with 24 more and 49 points the next year. Then 24 goals and 61 points in 66 games (projects to 30).

Not sure that's "underperforming."

I honestly don't know where his game went the past two years, but even with that he projected out to 50+ point seasons in a regular 82, even this year.

12 minutes ago, icehole said:

theres really no motivation to give it your all.

This could play a role, but at the end of the day I want my players to be motivated to give their all regardless of the circumstances.

If he really is "coasting" then they need to look at a "hockey trade" to get his head right.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Konecny is a much better player than he has been recently. He showed it his first few years here. But this franchise loves to bring the Kevin Hayes types and build around them. Guys previous teams dumped because of their lazy play. Then bring in all their buddies and make it a slugfest. And I don't mean punches.

You can find 10 goalies like Hart? Do any  of the teams that have them want to part with them? It took Philly 40 years to find a goalie like Hart. So let's trade him for a hope that we can get another goalie like him? When the powers that be found one IN FOUR DECADES?

I would trade anyone if I thought we could end up better because of it. After watching Fletch and co. trades for 3 years I have zero confidence he can do that. I'm actually pretty confident that if we have a busy trade deadline that we'll end up older, lousier and with less draft picks. Cause that's his M.O.

I couldn't agree with you more about Hayes. Lazy is a perfect description. 

I said I could find 10 goalies that could play average on a bad team. I know this will be a very unpopular opinion, but I really don't find the goaltender position to be very important. A very bad goalie (like Bryz) can destroy a good team's chances, but an average goalie like Niemi can win cups. I see good teams come to play the flyers with guys like Anderson and Binnington (who is losing his job to a guy I've never heard of), and I have to wonder how much impact they have on these teams being as successful as they are. Pens won a cup with Fleury, then they let him go. They win a cup with Murray, then they let him go. Did they miss a step with Jarry? Caps are doing OK without Holtby. The best goalie in the league is probably with the current cup winner, but if they lose him, they won't fall off a cliff.

I don't belive in Fletcher either and I think he needs to go. I also think any player could go and I wouldn't be upset. As I said in a previous post, it would be nice to win a trade for once. Maybe you lose TK and he goes on to be a career third line guy. But you get something in return that gives you 30+ goals a season. Wouldn't that be nice?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, radoran said:

There you go.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

Are you saying Giroux is the reason? I believe Giroux has probably been the best #2 player in the league since he's been an NHL player. The problem is that they never gave him a #1. Imagine Backstrom passing to Voracek for 10 years instead of Ovie.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, icehole said:

I think my problem with TK is that he's underperformed so far in his NHL career as a whole.

Something happened after the stoppage he has never been the same. Went the whole playoffs without a goal and he has been in his own head ever since.

Seen his BFF traded and if anyone may need a change of scenery make it is him.

I'm good with it put him in a package even whatever they do it needs to be something that makes them younger and a key part to the future some way.

So TK and what for what?

:BrownBag:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, icehole said:

Are you saying Giroux is the reason? I believe Giroux has probably been the best #2 player in the league since he's been an NHL player. The problem is that they never gave him a #1. Imagine Backstrom passing to Voracek for 10 years instead of Ovie.

This is what i said the other day they forcing Robin to play Batman and well it isn't the same.

19 minutes ago, radoran said:

I don't really get this.

Guy had 24 goals and 47 points as a 20-year-old. Followed up with 24 more and 49 points the next year. Then 24 goals and 61 points in 66 games (projects to 30).

Not sure that's "underperforming."

I honestly don't know where his game went the past two years, but even with that he projected out to 50+ point seasons in a regular 82, even this year.

This could play a role, but at the end of the day I want my players to be motivated to give their all regardless of the circumstances.

If he really is "coasting" then they need to look at a "hockey trade" to get his head right.

I'm actually surprised at those numbers...better than I remember. I guess I get caught up in the "what have you done for me lately?" I feel like I haven't seen any bright spots in his game lately. Full transparency, I haven't had the stomach to watch many games lately. Maybe I'm the TK of hockey fandom...once I see the direction this is going, I go 20 games without watching. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, icehole said:

Full transparency, I haven't had the stomach to watch many games lately. Maybe I'm the TK of hockey fandom...once I see the direction this is going, I go 20 games without watching. 

Sitting right there watching Jeopardy! with you...

2 hours ago, icehole said:

I couldn't agree with you more about Hayes. Lazy is a perfect description. 

I said I could find 10 goalies that could play average on a bad team. I know this will be a very unpopular opinion, but I really don't find the goaltender position to be very important. A very bad goalie (like Bryz) can destroy a good team's chances, but an average goalie like Niemi can win cups. I see good teams come to play the flyers with guys like Anderson and Binnington (who is losing his job to a guy I've never heard of), and I have to wonder how much impact they have on these teams being as successful as they are. Pens won a cup with Fleury, then they let him go. They win a cup with Murray, then they let him go. Did they miss a step with Jarry? Caps are doing OK without Holtby. The best goalie in the league is probably with the current cup winner, but if they lose him, they won't fall off a cliff.

I don't belive in Fletcher either and I think he needs to go. I also think any player could go and I wouldn't be upset. As I said in a previous post, it would be nice to win a trade for once. Maybe you lose TK and he goes on to be a career third line guy. But you get something in return that gives you 30+ goals a season. Wouldn't that be nice?

Niemi won one cup, not cups. And he won it against the worst goalie who's ever played in a Stanley Cup final. So ya, when the stars align...

Binnington won a cup cause he played red hot for that season on a really good team who couldn't win the cup with a lesser goalie. 

The Pens let Fleury go because of the cap and Murray looking equal for cheap. Holtby had the same thing happen to him with the Caps. 

Maybe we lose TK and he becomes a 3rd liner and the guy we get scores 30+. But I've been a Flyer fan way too long to not know the likelihood is, TK goes on to become that top line player he was on a trajectory to be, and we end up with some washed up old bum from Minnesota. 

I'd only look at trading Konecney if it was a complete tear down and/or the offer was too good to pass up. I still think he could bounce back and be good with the right line mates and team around him. 

I'd rather we ditched JVR, Risto, Giroux, and some of the other "veterans". 

• Like 1

Instead of moving TK I wonder if the Yotes would take JVR and Sandstrom for Logan Couse I read he was on the block.

Flyers get a young winger to reunite with his childhood friend you guessed it Travis Konecny.

Yotes get a forward under contract next season that they could either resign or trade at the deadline next season if they choose. Maybe pick up some salary to make it work.

Yotes also get a young goalie to tandem in net for the future and they let Wedgewood walk.

Just an early morning what if after coffee.

So must be a lot swirling about TK.

Can't see why they would be wanting to move him right now with all the turds on the roster he is the one I'm least likely to want to trade unless I'm blown away.

https://thehockeywriters.com/flyers-kings-benefit-konecny-trade/

45 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So must be a lot swirling about TK.

Can't see why they would be wanting to move him right now with all the turds on the roster he is the one I'm least likely to want to trade unless I'm blown away.

https://thehockeywriters.com/flyers-kings-benefit-konecny-trade/

The LA Kings have perhaps the best prospect pool in the NHL. I would definitely call them back re TK. Sadly, the dysfunctional hockey ops that is the Flyers are still thinking this is a piece or 2 away, and they will be looking to get back some 28 year olds with injury history. I get excited for a moment thinking what could be, and then come back to reality and realize there is zero reason for optimism with the current personnel in charge. It is sad really, that they can be be this misguided and uninformed. I can only hope the building is empty next season and the suits at comcast blow up the front office. It seems to me that is the only way this is ever going to change. Pinning your hopes and playoff dreams on Coots and Ellis is laughable.