Game 53: Oilers at Flyers, 3/1/22 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

Edmonton is favored (-187).  Meanwhile, if you look at the preview, Edmonton's goal differential compared to the O and B puts them just under a goal ahead of us.  Our save percentage is .896; they are at .905.  There are tickets as low as $14.00.  Heck, that's movie pricing.  

https://www.espn.com/nhl/preview/_/gameId/401349986

The scouts on hand may speak volumes to potential trades. 

Edited by Howie58

• Howie58 changed the title to Game 53: Oilers at Flyers, 3/1/22 @ 7 PM, NBCSP
13 hours ago, Howie58 said:

The scouts on hand may speak volumes to potential trades.

I think it was it the Caps game, the feed I was watching showed the list of scouts in attendance and it was like 30 names. Probably be about the same tomorrow night I guess.

21 hours ago, Howie58 said:

scouts on hand may speak volumes to potential trades.

I just hope they can be good trades for the potential of turning things around.

But I have to see it before I believe it...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

The Flyer have some momentum coming into this game, and the Oilers are missing Nugent-Hopkins, Puljujarvi, Yamamoto, and Kassian.

I watched the latest Jordan Hall-Taryn Hatcher YouTube gig. It echoed your statement. Their belief is sickness of losing and an desire to start next year on a better note.

They were split on how the team was handling Frost but agreed that 2 points in last 18 games warranted AHL seasoning.

30 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

The Flyer have some momentum coming into this game, and the Oilers are missing Nugent-Hopkins, Puljujarvi, Yamamoto, and Kassian.

Not sure about that the Flyers have have a squad of AHLer or guys who should be.

AND Risto and Yandle on defense.

No really you guys can have this one.

Flyers need to continue to slide towards the drain...

:BrownBag:

3 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

We can't score 5 on 3. We can't clear our porch. There's effort, but talent and finishing skill are lacking. 

I'd rather drink and watch American Idol...

King Tommen Jumping Off The Window Animated GIF - Game of Thrones News

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'd rather drink and watch American Idol...

Yes, even the State of the Union Address may make more sense. I get Russian invasions and inflation.  Seven million to JVR, an incompetent PP and PK....make me sad. 

• Like 1

Tough night for Lindblom. Is hit hard by Kane, which should have been called interference. Takes a high stick which is called for a penalty, but it's from his own teammate. Two minor penalties of his own as well.

Just now, Howie58 said:

We outshoot them but underscore. How often have we seen that the last five years?

All i seen was the highlights of the goals given up and Risto isn't helping his trade value at all.

Give me Sam Morin if you need toughness grit and size in the lineup, i'd rather see Sam try like hell and give up a goal than watch Risto skate around like a spectator bumping into Hart like that he can't clear no damn crease WTF is he good for??

So Giroux should net more than Foligno for sure. Or he will be a Flyer till he retires...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Congrats, Flyers… on turning Mikko Koskinen into Grant Fuhr. Thirty nine shots and not one damned goal. Only 29 games in this miserable season, thankfully.

I said it earlier in the thread but Yeo raised it implicitly in the post-game presser.  He calls it poor execution. I say it has been part of this team for the past few years.  I think it is a comment on talent.  Our lack of high danger shots has been noted by the pundits.  Morganti noted the fact that we're two/thirds of the way through the season and have yet to score five on three.  Yikes.

• Like 1

Fletcher and Briere can exult over more analytics, better development, and so on. It won't matter if drafting and trading aren't getting us better talent.

This year, we've seen why good coaches either rot on our vine or go elsewhere and win Cups (Berube). Our player complement is sub-par. We saw that last night. Our guys worked but seemed a step slower and couldn't finish in time or with an empty net. It isn't easy to watch or think about. 

31 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Our player complement is sub-par. We saw that last night. Our guys worked but seemed a step slower and couldn't finish

"Hard work" and "effort" don't in and of themselves makes "success."

A less talented team can work hard and beat a more talented team, but over the course of 82 games - or in most seven game series - the more talented team will win more often.

That said, the talented team still needs to put out work and effort on a relatively consistent basis.

• Like 1