I am beginning to give up on Bryz

Guest trevluk

I just don't think he is going to "find his game". I think his "talent" was smoke and mirrors deception from a defensive system in Phoenix. He has serious fundamental flaws that are not going to be easily corrected. Even worse is we will never be able to get rid of him and his presence could actually cost this team a shot at a championship over the next few years. Sigh.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you. Boy, those were the 3 worst goals I have seen let in for some time. We have a mental issue here with Bryz-not. This guy is not even really challenging the shooters. He appears disinterested, non-chalant, lacksidasical, and defeated. His eyes and body language say it all. This team has left him. Time to send him down to Adrondack and keep Bob in. Flyers management have a serious personnel issue here. Serious. I think what you said about the Phoenix defence is exactly correct.

I agree with you. Boy, those were the 3 worst goals I have seen let in for some time. We have a mental issue here with Bryz-not. This guy is not even really challenging the shooters. He appears disinterested, non-chalant, lacksidasical, and defeated. His eyes and body language say it all. This team has left him. Time to send him down to Adrondack and keep Bob in. Flyers management have a serious personnel issue here. Serious. I think what you said about the Phoenix defence is exactly correct.

Wow. Followed up by 2 more stunners on Bob. Pick your poison with these guys.

@ BOI

"He appears disinterested, non-chalant, lacksidasical, and defeated."

I agree with this, but those are attitude traits. I am also talking about a lack of fundamental skills of being a NHL goalie. We were duped. Unfortunately, BOB is playing much better. Once again, goaltending (along with poor D) is our demise. We can maybe fix the D problem next year but our goaltending could cause us a shot at a cup over the next several years when we may have all of the other pieces in place.

@ BOI

"He appears disinterested, non-chalant, lacksidasical, and defeated."

I agree with this, but those are attitude traits. I am also talking about a lack of fundamental skills of being a NHL goalie. We were duped. Unfortunately, BOB is playing much better. Once again, goaltending (along with poor D) is our demise. We can maybe fix the D problem next year but our goaltending could cause us a shot at a cup over the next several years when we may have all of the other pieces in place.

D + G = Problems.

Hope Lavy gets this mess straightened out. Fast.

Bryz was soft today. But Bobo doesn't leave me with a warm and fuzzy feeling either.

no, me either. but it is time for laviolette to make a decision for the balance of the season. if bryzgalov is the guy, he needs to stand in there on games he gives up three and work through it. if it's bob, he needs to get 4 or 5 starts in a row. this back and forth isn't doing either of them any favors. and right now, they both need favors.

Bryz was soft today. But Bobo doesn't leave me with a warm and fuzzy feeling either. This has been painful to watch...about the only thing I can say is that Grossman is big.

Howie

I like #8. Bob and Bryz, double trouble. Add that to the rest of the D, and I would skate them all night.

The money is no longer an issue it is gone and the fans will be on Bryz so bad he won't be able to hear his players saying anything,

The man has issues mental mechanical and even The Wizzard can;t give him a heart.

Time for him to call for a trade as if anybody wants him.

Out of Context the officiating was a sham,

. I think his "talent" was smoke and mirrors deception from a defensive system in Phoenix.

Well, since Bryz isn't going anywhere wouldn't it make sense for the coach to come up with a more 'defensive' gameplan ?

We can't win every game 7-6 although Lavi seems to think so.

no, me either. but it is time for laviolette to make a decision for the balance of the season. if bryzgalov is the guy, he needs to stand in there on games he gives up three and work through it. if it's bob, he needs to get 4 or 5 starts in a row. this back and forth isn't doing either of them any favors. and right now, they both need favors.

Howie, I was suprprised too. I thought to date that Laviolette had marching orders to play Bryz come hell or high water just to justify the investment the Flyers made. Today's move of pulling Bryz after 3 goals makes me think that Laviolette very much has ultimate decision making authority with Bryz. To me, it points more to Laviolette as very much a participent in agreeing to bring Bryz in this year, thus the responsibility big time on Lavy. Holmgren and Laviotte are attached at the hip on this Bryz debacle. Lavy's felt his offense needed a sure-fire backtender, a real upgrade, like Cam Ward, when the D got trapped up ice going into this year.

Wow, who would of thought this perfect storm of the D & G would of happened this year?

Well, since Bryz isn't going anywhere wouldn't it make sense for the coach to come up with a more 'defensive' gameplan ?

We can't win every game 7-6 although Lavi seems to think so.

Agreed. See my post about "Lavi's system is not working."

It appears Bryz is giving up on us too. There are some priceless quotes in here

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/flyers-talk/post/Struggling-Bryzgalov-says-hes-a-scapegoa?blockID=653850&feedID=6572

Here's one: ".....I’m just trying to find peace in my soul to play in this city.”. What are his teammates and coaches supposed to make of that? Not only does he look like he doesn't want to play here, he sounds like it too.

And the worst part is 8 more years of this???????

What ever happened to dating awhile?

YOU DON'T JUST JUMP INTO MARRIAGE!!!!!

Cause thats pretty much what this is...............

fcuk him, waive his sorry, unconcentrating a$s

i bet no one the whole league would want him for half his salary..

enjoy the KHL you worthless fcuk.

They will probably bring him back after the inevitable lockout for another shot and it will prove to be a mistake. They should buy him out if the new CBA allows them to get rid of him.

but it is time for laviolette to make a decision for the balance of the season.

Yes. It's long past time. I would pick Bob - as everyone already knows. Bob has not been good off the bench this year. Guess what? Very few are because it's extremely hard to do, come in cold and shut down a team who's already chased your starter. It takes experience and a lot of support to be in that constant mindset, ready to go in at a moment's notice.

Brian Boucher was good at it. It took him 10 years to become good at it.

We're asking a 2nd-year Russian goalie who is just learning the NHL game, who barely speaks the language to come in and save the day - after Bryzgalov has stunk up the joint and deflated our skaters to the point where they must be saying to themselves "Screw this sh-t" by the time Bob gets in the game.

Let's give Bob the rest of the season - OR - give it to Bryzgalov - publicly. Pick one and sink or swim. Because Aziz is right this 4, 5 games then switch - it obviously isn't working.

I just don't see a good goalie there. Someone tell me something positive about this guys game. Other than he's yet to skate out there with his equipment on backwards...which wouldn't surprise me in the least. I can't believe you Philadelphians haven't run him out of town yet. And you call yourselfs Flyer fans...shame on you!

Enough of this bum already. After that performance and his quotes to the media....sit him down!! Sounds to me like the guy has given up.

Looked like Bryz's suck wiped off on Bob yesterday, but like another poster mentioned, it's difficult to come into a game after your starter has been chased. I'd give Bob the next 3 starts and see if he can take the job and run with it.