Schmuck will never learn-read below

RonJeremy

No idea what Laczy’s rep is but I have some idea of Laughton’s. I don’t believe Laughton is as easily replaceable as you say. Plus I like him on the ice for 12-15 rather than 8 mins.

Now for a “damn good return” I’m all in. He’s certainly not irreplaceable!

49 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

No idea what Laczy’s rep is but I have some idea of Laughton’s.

Suppose to have a better scoring touch and is 3 years younger and can play center or wing just like Laughton. And is pretty much the same size 6-1 190. Also plays well in his own end.

Is in the last year of his entry level contract so you can resign Allison and Laczynski for the about the same price as Laughton.

Not saying he is easily replaceable but in the new cap era for the right price he would be gone.

Also not saying he HAS to go in fact he is the least of this teams worries right now but when you are trimming the roster for budget cuts a 3 mill 4th line center sticks out.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Suppose to have a better scoring touch

This is the tricky bit though. No one knows this to be the case for sure at the NHL level. It's all just no small amount of speculation. Now granted, given where the team is at, everyone's grasping at straws and speculation is itself a means of holding on to some amount of hope, but that doesn't make it reasonable.

I'm not saying Laz is a bad player or anything of the sort, I'm just wary about saying he can replace someone like Laughton. It wasn't so long ago Laughton was lauded as the guy who had a great scoring touch and who might be a top six centre in the league. He turned out to not be quite that level of guy, but he's a good soldier and player to have around in a bottom six role. 

Imo, the best case scenario is a guy like Laz ending up about as good as Laughton. I doubt he'll be better. That to me sounds like underselling Laughton and quite likely overselling Laz. Of course we need those bottom six guys too! Being a bottom six player in the NHL is still very important and remarkable... it's just not nearly enough to win cups.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

10 hours ago, radoran said:

You think they can get a modern day Stolarz and Leier for him?

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

I'm not saying trade him get him over here to backup Hart. Do not bring Martin Jones back.

It is time to shi t or get off the pot with him he is already 25 26 by next season. They need him now.

12 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'm not saying trade him get him over here to backup Hart. Do not bring Martin Jones back.

It is time to shi t or get off the pot with him he is already 25 26 by next season. They need him now.

I think that was a rad jab at Homer for trading Bob. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, elmatus said:

This is the tricky bit though. No one knows this to be the case for sure at the NHL level.

Guys you're overthinking this we're talking about a 4th line center. Laughton is a 30 point forward who in a pinch can play up on the 2nd if need be.

He is making 3 mill and that is an over pay for a guy who is slotted on the 4th.

Tanner was a point per game forward his last year of college 34 points in 36 games.

He will be 25 by the time the season starts. He will be given every chance to fill in i think he can handle it. And if he can't then you can call up another center from the Phantoms or even sign another Grant or Thompson off the market in the bat of an eye.

But the room at center is clogged Coots will be filling in the top spot i would love to have Frost push for the 2nd line spot but then you have Hayes in the way who would then be 3rd line center in my idea.

So that leaves someone being pushed out the door because well a 4th line center isn't ideal.

Once again i am not advocating for moving Laughton but with limited cap space and holes to fill it seems natural to move Laughton and not get bent over doing it. 

52 minutes ago, elmatus said:

Imo, the best case scenario is a guy like Laz ending up about as good as Laughton. I doubt he'll be better.

It is hard to say when he hasn't had the chance to play but once again we aren't talking about a 21 year old kid we are talking about a 25 year old man. Let's let him play before we decide but i feel he can handle it. Because we are talking about filling a hole on the 4th line at what 10-12 minutes a night.

In fact they may have Elliott Desnoyers pushing hard for that spot too come preseason.

But if we are talking about rebuilding then yes a soon to be Laughton might be on the block why wait till he is 30 to move him??? It seems his value if even any would be now.

I'm not sweating a forward with Laughton's skill set. And i don't hate the guy but we are not talking about replacing Coots here.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I think that was a rad jab at Homer for trading Bob. 

Oh went straight over my head i just woke up my first day off and i am just drinking my morning coffee so the brain is still sleep.

Then yeah that sounds like a great idea....

• Like 1

I'm far from convinced that the Flyers are really interested in Gaudreau, Forsberg or any of the soon-to-be top UFAs. I think its propaganda, that would make some world leaders blush in envy. Holmscottfletcher Inc. don't know what they don't know, refuse to learn it and don't care because at the end of the day, they count on the same stupid, rich sheep to fill the seats. They live in their own BS bubble.

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

I'm far from convinced that the Flyers are really interested in Gaudreau, Forsberg or any of the soon-to-be top UFAs. I think its propaganda, that would make some world leaders blush in envy. Holmscottfletcher Inc. don't know what they don't know, refuse to learn it and don't care because at the end of the day, they count on the same stupid, rich sheep to fill the seats. They live in their own BS bubble.

Ouch, so you're "out" on the quick turn around then?😀

3 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

You're far from convinced that Homer and Fletcher, who've made careers out of signing past their prime to near their prime guys to huge long term contracts that NEVER work out wouldn't go ahead and do it yet again...with a guy who's from the Flyers neighborhood?

Well then, let me go ahead and introduce you to...reality! :IDunnoSmiley:

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

2 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

You're far from convinced that Homer and Fletcher, who've made careers out of signing past their prime to near their prime guys to huge long term contracts that NEVER work out wouldn't go ahead and do it yet again...with a guy who's from the Flyers neighborhood?

Haven't you heard? This is the Era of Patience! :5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Nope. I get it from One America News Network (OANN).

Never seen them cover sports.

And we know Chuckles is goin going to swing big we just don't know who it will be for.

He can't help his self.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2022 at 5:49 PM, flyercanuck said:

I don't even know what to say about the stupidity, stubbornness and incompetence of a guy who, somehow, is a Harvard grad.

Obviously he didn't major in hockey.

Doesn't say much for Harvard if he graduated from there.