Schmuck will never learn-read below

RonJeremy

"Top defenceman for Schiefele?"

Guaranteed that's not Ristolainen they are talking about and I don't think the Jets take a gamble on Ellis until he's actually skating again...

Honestly, neither of those "free agent" centers are of great interest to me. And those trade options don't blow my doors off either.

Top available players are W? Let's look into the center market!

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

50 minutes ago, radoran said:

"Top defenceman for Schiefele?"

Well i guess that would have to be Travis Sanheim.

He is in fact actually finally playing the best he has ever played so it would make perfect sense.

******** morons runnin this club into the iceberg!!!

That guy has the best +/- on the team playing WITH Rasmus at +9

....that alone is worth a banner in the rafters.

Somebody has to tell Chuckie that he's over the limit on StupidAss contracts.

These idiots think they can turn this mess around over the summer. So they'll concentrate on adding some overpriced veteran and let the younger guys sink or swim, without devoting any real development time to them.

But if they went the other direction - pour resources into developing the guys coming up - there's a decent chance they can build a core from within. No guarantees but it's better than gambling on Kadri and fkng Hayes to lead this team anywhere.

I'd rather see Fletcher do exactly NOTHING this summer as opposed to trading for any of the guys in that article. And forget Larkin. Yzerman will completely rob Fletcher and stupid Fletcher won't even know it.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2022 at 1:48 PM, OccamsRazor said:

He is in fact actually finally playing the best he has ever played so it would make perfect sense.

On 4/13/2022 at 1:48 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Don't know what the love affair you have with Sanheim is, he's not that good. Get rid of him while they can still get something fir him

1 hour ago, Pedo 228 ERQS said:

Don't know what the love affair you have with Sanheim is, he's not that good. Get rid of him while they can still get something fir him

Hey bud I know you new around here but I am the last one who will be cutting Travis Sanheim a break I am sure many here have seen me bust his chops since he has put on that sweater some would say even a little too hard on the kid.

But I have to give the kid his due it is rhe best he has played since coming to the NHL.

Sure there is  lot for him to get better at still but as of now he has had a pretty solid season from what I have seen of him.

Now can he maintain that type of play is what I want to know.

All that WITH Rasmus the boat anchor.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Hey bud I know you new around here but I am the last one who will be cutting Travis Sanheim a break I am sure many here have seen me bust his chops since he has put on that sweater some would say even a little too hard on the kid.

But I have to give the kid his due it is rhe best he has played since coming to the NHL.

Sure there is  lot for him to get better at still but as of now he has had a pretty solid season from what I have seen of him.

Now can he maintain that type of play is what I want to know.

All that WITH Rasmus the boat anchor.

Not new just haven't been on here for a while,been a Flyers fan since 1973. Im jyst saying get rid if him while they can York and Attard are already starting to out play him

They will probably pay Kadri based on this season, and then we will watch him drop back to his usual level (or less). 

It does sound however that they believe what we all fear, that it's just the injuries and we're just a player or two away. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Pedo 228 ERQS said:

Not new just haven't been on here for a while,been a Flyers fan since 1973. Im jyst saying get rid if him while they can York and Attard are already starting to out play him

By what measures?

The games I've watched,  neither Attard nor York look have looked better than Canaughton.

I don't think their metrics are better, though- I'm not sure there are enough games played for the advanced measures to be meaningful. 

Also, Welcome back to posting?

Ol' OccamsRazor has been taking the piss out of Travis for 3 years in this forum.

Your post about a "love affair " with 6 speaks to your newness, a strong sense of irony or inattentiveness.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2022 at 9:02 PM, GratefulFlyers said:

Somebody has to tell Chuckie that he's over the limit on StupidAss contracts.

What's that limit, 2?

5?

It should be zero, or one.

I can think of 2 really bad signings with no effort Hayes & Ristolianen. JVR was a Hextall signing, but his contract is the worst.

Konecny seems like an overpay, Provorov?

If those guys would have continued to grow those contracts would be alright. 

Laughton is maybe an overpay?

Lindblom is excusable imo, he is not living up to 3 x3 but that was a "good bloke- get healthy and don't worry about $" signing.

I think healthy Couturier is worth 7 x 7 for the next 5 years. Then, I don't know.

Ellis is looking not great at 5 ×6 .

That is a lot of stupid contracts. 

So while I agree with your premise.

In the grand scheme paying Kahdri too much seems par for the course.

At least he'll hit a guy, maybe earn some suspensions.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pedo 228 ERQS said:

Not sure why you jump the gun on moving him now while he is playing some his best hockey of his young career.

Not sure if the trade Sanheim during the offseason or wait till next year's trade deadline to move him.

If they prefer to move him maybe they wait to see if they can resign him in July first.

He may be more attractive now with one year left on his deal now than just a playoff rental next season.

I want them to do whatever is best for rhe team.

I mean you could move him for a scorer with one year on his deal too.

Many options to weigh.

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

What's that limit, 2?

5?

It should be zero, or one.

Yes.

I can think of 2 really bad signings with no effort Hayes & Ristolianen. JVR was a Hextall signing, but his contract is the worst.

At this point Hayes and Ristos are worse...they have the most term.

Konecny seems like an overpay, Provorov? If those guys would have continued to grow those contracts would be alright. 

Good deals before the Flyers org. did whatever it is they're doing to ruin everyones development.

Laughton is maybe an overpay?

Maybe slight. Hardly as bad as some of the others.

Lindblom is excusable imo, he is not living up to 3 x3 but that was a "good bloke- get healthy and don't worry about $" signing.

👍

I think healthy Couturier is worth 7 x 7 for the next 5 years. Then, I don't know.

Ellis is looking not great at 5 ×6 .

That is a lot of stupid contracts. 

Didn't expect any different from the clowns who give out stupid contracts.

So while I agree with your premise.

In the grand scheme paying Kahdri too much seems par for the course.

At least he'll hit a guy, maybe earn some suspensions.

Kadri or Gaudreau. Both having career years. Both at the age where they should start the decline. Both want to cash in on that last big contract. All planets align to a Fletcher signing.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Kadri or Gaudreau. Both having career years. Both at the age where they should start the decline. Both want to cash in on that last big contract. All planets align to a Fletcher signing.

Yep. And this time, unlike with Hayes there will be genuine interest in both of them - assuming they both hit the market - and lord only knows how overboard Fletcher will go to land one or the other. Neither one is what the Flyers need. Why hire Big Guns when your younger players need at least a year to develop into NHL players? Yes rookies need role models but if Fletcher signs Gaudreau or Kadri the message will be - once again - We're Ready to Win It All.

That message will translate to the younger guys...and it'll be another year of "snake-bit" TK, the new guys like Frost gripping their sticks trying to do too much...cheating on the gaps to "make something happen" offensively...etc. And that's just the forwards...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pedo 228 ERQS said:

Maybe your eye sight is failing you and you getting him mixed up with jersey #55.

I am no expert but this backs what I have seen...

So not looking to move on from him now.

But you can get rid of JVR and Yandle.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

He'll be better when he's the 4th line center where he should be.  He's just not much more than that, unfortunately.  And a 3 mil cap hit is overpriced for a 4th line center.  But, it's just another Chuck contract that proves he doesn't belong in the NHL.

Well he will be 28 next season so he may bring some good value in a trade.

Hard to say without knowing a return.

But 3 mill cap hit for a 4th line center isn't as bad as a 7 mill for a 3rd line center....

...like they already have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well he will be 28 next season so he may bring some good value in a trade.

From what I can tell Laughton is well liked and respected throughout the Flyers’ org I doubt he’ll be traded.

To me he’s a prototype 3rd liner and it’d probably be a mistake to trade him - obviously depending on the return - but every NHL team has (and needs) Scott Laughton types.

Unfortunately right now it seems that’s all the Flyers have in the way of forwards. Maybe, hopefully that changes in the next few years. Maybe a little less trying to buy talent and concentrating more on developing it. 

Edited by GratefulFlyers

13 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

From what I can tell Laughton is well liked and respected throughout the Flyers’ org I doubt he’ll be traded.

To me he’s a prototype 3rd liner and it’d probably be a mistake to trade him - obviously depending on the return - but every NHL team has (and needs) Scott Laughton types.

Unfortunately right now it seems that’s all the Flyers have in the way of forwards. Maybe, hopefully that changes in the next few years. Maybe a little less trying to buy talent and concentrating more on developing it. 

I am not advocating for trading him but for a damn good return you can move his 3 mill salary an a Laczynski could plug into his 4th line center spot in a heart beat.

• Like 1