Provorov , Sanheim and TK have been the best downnthe stretch

RonJeremy

Down the stretch run the guys most rumored to be traded  have been playing much better. Sanheim is making lots of good plays in the offensive zone, TK is scoring alot more and Provy is also playing alot better. Provy and Attard looked very good last night. I dont see any reason to trade Provy or Sanheim, id give Risto a half a season and if he does not turn it around, hes the guy i would get rid of at next years deadline. 

We have lots of good young right wing  prospects, Brink, Allison , Tippett and Foerester,.all projected as goal scorers, so If you trade TK for an equally talented left wing or center, or a defenseman, especially if Ellis is done,then i would see whats being offered. You figure JVR will be bought out, that leaves only Farabee and Limdblom on the left siide, so we could use a left wing with offensive ability.

• Like 1

Good post I agree with pretty much everything you wrote.

2 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

give Risto a half a season and if he does not turn it around, hes the guy i would get rid of at next years deadline. 

Only one thing - how you would accomplish this?

I'm afraid there's only one sucker GM in the league and he's working for the Flyers. I'd love to get rid of Ristolainen but unless Fletcher comes up with another brilliant Gostisbehere>Phoenix deal I don't see it happening do you?

I guess in fairness to Fletcher he's not a "sucker" he's just following the long tradition of Flyers' GMs that always go for the Big Name FA (even if the Big is pretty Small) with an eye toward filling arena seats and maximizing merchandising sales.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I'm afraid there's only one sucker GM in the league and he's working for the Flyers.

You include the Flyers' 2nd rounder in the deal :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

UGH

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Can trade him for two first round picks like Schenn??

Wow great comparison thanks for posting it. Schenn’s ~60 pts this year is around his high average meanwhile TK is having a down year in goal-scoring. And he’s 5 years younger than Schenn. 

TK has a lot of goals left in him. With the right line mates and a team that’s playing well he’s good for 30+ goals >75pts.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I'm afraid there's only one sucker GM in the league and he's working for the Flyers. I'd love to get rid of Ristolainen but unless Fletcher comes up with another brilliant Gostisbehere>Phoenix deal I don't see it happening do you?

I guess in fairness to Fletcher he's not a "sucker" he's just following the long tradition of Flyers' GMs that always go for the Big Name FA (even if the Big is pretty Small) with an eye toward filling arena seats and maximizing merchandising sales.

As PT Barnum said , theres a sucker born every minute. Several teams were interested in him, so you never know.

Weird, I thought I read a post here recently detailing a Provorov trade. Now he's playing good and shouldn't be traded?

That's Flyer fans for you. 

With the team being this bad, there have to be changes. The only one I want to see for sure is JVR. That guy is the root of the dysfunction from the time he was drafted (imho)IMHO. Whatever it takes, I cant stand him

.... oh, and of course, Scott Laughton 

• Haha 1

On 4/22/2022 at 10:33 AM, RonJeremy said:

id give Risto a half a season and if he does not turn it around, hes the guy i would get rid of at next years deadline. 

As others have said, no one's going to take this guy off our hands unless we pay them to do so. He was a bad player before he came here, and he's a bad player now. He's astoundingly one-dimensional, and that dimension is getting woefully out of position to try and make big hits. That's it, and that's just not a good modern NHL dman period.

The proper course of action was A) not to sign him in the first place, as this was all very obvious; or B) absolutely do not resign him after he proved without a doubt he was exactly the garbage defender he's always been even after a change of scenery. 

Here's how that conversation went in the last off-season: 
(Homer, probably): "The problem with this team is they're too easy to push around. What we need most is a dman who is a physical presence and who will make opposing players pay. We should get Ristolainen."

(Fletch, probably): "I'm pretty sure he's not from Minnesota, but I can probably get him anyway I guess?"

(Homer, probably): "He'll be a big name, so you may have to spend more than you might want to, but given this is clearly the biggest need we have right now, it's worth it for sure. And besides, the fans love bruisers here. He'll be a fan favourite just with the hits."

(Fletch, probably): "Sure thing boss."

(Someone who doesn't exist): "I mean... this isn't 1990 anymore guys. I feel like the game has changed a lot. He's been pretty awful at actually playing defense. Maybe our priority shouldn't just be guys that hit, but rather effective NHL-level dmen who are good are preventing goals against?"

(Homer, probably): "Are you saying we're wimps? I dare you to say that to my face."

(The person who doesn't exist but should): "Umm... no, I'm saying maybe just hitting things isn't exactly the best quality in a modern NHL dman... I mean, look at the best dmen around the last two decades... very few of them were bruisers."

(Fletch, probably): "I mean... he kind of has a point too, doesn't he Homie?"

(Homer, probably): "No, he's exactly what's wrong with the world today. And he has to leave, right now. There's no place for wimps here in the Flyers organization."

(The only sane person in the room who again completely doesn't exist): "What? You serious? Fine. Guess I'll go work for Colorado." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Weird, I thought I read a post here recently detailing a Provorov trade. Now he's playing good and shouldn't be traded?

With the team being this bad, there have to be changes. The only one I want to see for sure is JVR. That guy is the root of the dysfunction from the time he was drafted (imho)IMHO. Whatever it takes, I cant stand him

He should have never been even in the trade talks to begin with unless it is some crazy over pay. So he has struggled with a revolving door as his partner on a very shat team.

The biggest problem (besides Yandle and JVR) is the disappointing forward group who are suppose to be supporting them with some back checking and nice breakouts for passes to help with the transition game.

Leaves so much to be desired. The more the kids the better to rid us of these bums like JVR and gang.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, elmatus said:

As others have said, no one's going to take this guy off our hands unless we pay them to do so.

Many said the same about Jake. That said, he's here. They want him here. No point in stressing over something you can't do a thing about

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Many said the same about Jake. That said, he's here. They want him here. No point in stressing over something you can't do a thing about

Jake was traded for a guy who is the same age with a longer contract. 

Anyone is tradeable...depends on what you're willing to take back.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, CoachX said:

The whole team has been horrible and mentally defeated for 2 years. Provorov is a very talented defensemen and lately has been playing up to his old standards and he shouldn't be traded.  If he's so bad , then you aren't gonna get anything for him in a trade, so how will that improve the defense?

Next year there will be a new coach and a new system. As soon as we got rid of Braun , Provorov improved,wait until we get a new coach and see what happens. If you get an incredible offer that improves the team, then that's a different story. No one is too good to be traded , but you have to win the trades that you make or break even. 

Edited by RonJeremy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Jake was traded for a guy who is the same age with a longer contract. 

Anyone is tradeable...depends on what you're willing to take back.

Yeah but he was traded for a guy who competes every night and actually shoots the puck and scores goals, that was a win for us. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, elmatus said:

As others have said, no one's going to take this guy off our hands unless we pay them to do so. He was a bad player before he came here, and he's a bad player now. He's astoundingly one-dimensional, and that dimension is getting woefully out of position to try and make big hits. That's it, and that's just not a good modern NHL dman period.

The proper course of action was A) not to sign him in the first place, as this was all very obvious; or B) absolutely do not resign him after he proved without a doubt he was exactly the garbage defender he's always been even after a change of scenery. 

Here's how that conversation went in the last off-season: 
(Homer, probably): "The problem with this team is they're too easy to push around. What we need most is a dman who is a physical presence and who will make opposing players pay. We should get Ristolainen."

(Fletch, probably): "I'm pretty sure he's not from Minnesota, but I can probably get him anyway I guess?"

(Homer, probably): "He'll be a big name, so you may have to spend more than you might want to, but given this is clearly the biggest need we have right now, it's worth it for sure. And besides, the fans love bruisers here. He'll be a fan favourite just with the hits."

(Fletch, probably): "Sure thing boss."

(Someone who doesn't exist): "I mean... this isn't 1990 anymore guys. I feel like the game has changed a lot. He's been pretty awful at actually playing defense. Maybe our priority shouldn't just be guys that hit, but rather effective NHL-level dmen who are good are preventing goals against?"

(Homer, probably): "Are you saying we're wimps? I dare you to say that to my face."

(The person who doesn't exist but should): "Umm... no, I'm saying maybe just hitting things isn't exactly the best quality in a modern NHL dman... I mean, look at the best dmen around the last two decades... very few of them were bruisers."

(Fletch, probably): "I mean... he kind of has a point too, doesn't he Homie?"

(Homer, probably): "No, he's exactly what's wrong with the world today. And he has to leave, right now. There's no place for wimps here in the Flyers organization."

(The only sane person in the room who again completely doesn't exist): "What? You serious? Fine. Guess I'll go work for Colorado." 

Toronto wanted Risto, so after they lose in the first round this year, I'm sure we can unload him to the Leafs for a second round pick.  Fletcher by then will admit he lost that trade.

8 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Yeah but he was traded for a guy who competes every night and actually shoots the puck and scores goals, that was a win for us. 

Oh I don't disagree he's better right now. We'll see how that contract plays out. I doubt Atkinson is helping us win any cups during it. But he'll help us get closer to mediocre, just like Fletcher dreams of. 

Is mediocre what we're striving for, or should they rebuild this pile of shite? Cause longer contracts aren't getting us out of this mess.

See Haysee and Risto.

4 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Oh I don't disagree he's better right now. We'll see how that contract plays out. I doubt Atkinson is helping us win any cups during it. But he'll help us get closer to mediocre, just like Fletcher dreams of. 

Is mediocre what we're striving for, or should they rebuild this pile of shite? Cause longer contracts aren't getting us out of this mess.

See Haysee and Risto.

No, we sure won't win a Cup with him, but our mental health will improve by not watching that fat lazy floater ,Jake turn over the puck and never shoot.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CoachX said:

Isn’t that the reason for this forum to exist?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

I'm guessing you think the same as I do, that Ellis is done and it will be Provy - Sanheim for the top line?  Leaving Risto and whatever other young dman impresses them(probably Egor)?

3 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

I'm guessing you think the same as I do, that Ellis is done and it will be Provy - Sanheim for the top line?  Leaving Risto and whatever other young dman impresses them(probably Egor)?

I hope Ellis  can play next year , they tried Sanhiem on the 1st line this year and it didnt work our well for him.

7 hours ago, Pedo 228 ERQS said:

I hope Ellis  can play next year , they tried Sanhiem on the 1st line this year and it didnt work our well for him.

Agreed. Among reasons is that it forces Sanheim (or Provy) to the wrong side.  Also, not an exact match, of course, but they're similar in their strengths and weaknesses, so as a result their pairing is redundant rather than complimentary.  My best guess theory, anyway.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2022 at 9:50 AM, GratefulFlyers said:

I still don't think it's fair to judge the Flyers d core based on the fact that they have to play with the current forward group. IMHO, the forward group is the 32nd best in the league. They are soft, lazy and low IQ. I could produce hours of video where they are out of position and/or flat footed or just lost in their own end. I hope coaching can help.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1