Johnny Hockey a done deal? (EDIT: JG Signs with Blue Jackets)

5 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

What do you mean, besides Hayes?  Everyone in that lineup should be playing below where they are, especially Hayes, with the possible exceptions of Farabee, Tippet, and maybe Konecny.

Ok. We'll agree to disagree put down your PS5 controller you're unplugged...

I'm not that bothered by losing out on Gudreau. I thought it would be a dumb move in a year when we should be dumping salary and acquiring picks in the next draft. Instead, I'm furious at the chronic mismanagement that's plagued this team for god knows how long, but exacerbated by the current GM, who for the life of him, cannot get anything done beyond overpaying for players no one else wants, and losing assets in the process. It should come as no surprise that he couldn't get anything done (unless you want to recapitulate what he did to get and keep Ristolainen and D'Angelo again), and the corner into which he long painted himself into is the reason. This will literally be the third summer in a row when he sheepishly comes out later this afternoon and says " We tried, we couldn't" TM. Other things I fully expect him to say:

"We made some calls, nobody wanted to help us."

“I like our team.”

“When Farabee is back at 100% it’ll be just like getting a Gudreau.”

This guy has to be unceremoniously fired. Any type of ceremony regarding his firing and I will not be satisfied. MN management wouldn’t let him do it there, but Comcast seems perfectly fine with him running the franchise into the ground and setting it ablaze to leave it smoldering and useless like the mines of Centralia. Flyers ownership is bleeding fans, starting with this one. **** these guys.

Edited by mkscrewy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Good Post 1

28 minutes ago, CoachX said:

If NJ is a done deal, why hasn't it been announced. Its not like they dont have the cap space to sign him

JG just waiting for the Nicolas Deslauriers signing to go through cause he needs to play with that stud.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

JG just waiting for the Nicolas Deslauriers signing to go through cause he needs to play with that stud.

Chuck Fletcher "We're delirious for Deslauriers".

Edited by FD19372
  • Haha 1

Of all the effin FA's out there ....they wanted Deslauriers and Braun??????....this is inexcusable

14 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Chuck Fletcher "We're delirious for Deslauriers".

If ol' Chucky boy is delirious for Deslauriers then Chuck needs to be put on a 302 Psych hold

Screw this season ....I'm canceling my NHL Center package effective immediately.

• Good Post 1

13 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

He said we need high end talent and he went out and got low end talent.

I am utterly speechless right now .......  This team will be screwed for decades ......

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

You mean sold, in a few years.

That might actually be the best thing and get legit owners who actually care about their fans and the product on the ice instead of looking at it as a line item on an effing budget.

45+ years as a fan and this is the crap we have to look forward to ????

So many GM's have to be laughing hysterically at Fletch and the Flyers organization .......

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

If NJ is a done deal, why hasn't it been announced. Its not like they dont have the cap space to sign him

Odd.

I had heard the Devils offered him the same as the Flames, and he turned then down.

Usually when a FA(s) sign for/with a team the odds of winning the SCF are supposed to be increased.

It is very possible that the acquisitions the Flyers made are helping them NOT win the SCF at all and in fact making them one of the worst teams in the league .....

Edited by pilldoc

32 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Usually when a FA(s) sign for/with a team the odds of winning the SCF are supposed to be increased.

It is very possible that the acquisitions the Flyers made are helping them NOT win the SCF at all and in fact making them one of the worst teams in the league .....

#BEDARDTANKISON!

:BrownBag:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ctid said:

Pierre le brun apparently reporting Flyers are out of the race for JG

with the recent moves the Flyers just made ....why would he even want to come here ....

Besides IMO, they (the Flyers) were never in the race for JG .... it was all an illusion

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

with the recent moves the Flyers just made ....why would he even want to come here ....

Besides IMO, they (the Flyers) were never in the race for JG .... it was all an illusion

Exactly they already have their Aggressive Tool now we wait....

:PopcornSmiley2:

• Like 1