Brink injured labrum in hip, out five months

RonJeremy

5 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Can you believe this crap, It has to be an NHL record with the amount of injuries the Flyers prospects /players have had in the past 2 seasons.

Be water my friend.

Speaking of hip...

....Flyer's new goal song...

:PopcornSmiley2:

The scariest part of all this is having to rely on the Flyer's medical staff to decide what the problem is and how to fix it. 

That my friends well is what scares me the most about Brink's situation....

• Like 2

The Flyers' doctors are based out of U-Penn, which is a world-renowned medical facility. However, "based out of" is not the same as being a world-class doctor who might work there. If I was Brink I'd get a 2nd opinion.

From what I read the injury to his hip is serious enough that he may need surgery. One of the brighter spots after the TD, Brink played with energy and didn't cough up the puck much from what I remember. He's small but fiery and likes to drive the net. But now he's out indefinitely...

• radoran changed the title to Brink injured labrum in hip, out five months

It's not the medical that bugs me. It's the training staff. How many players is that now in the last five years that are getting hip surgery? WTF is McCrossin and company doing because clearly the training plan they're providing players is blowing up on them. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

It's not the medical that bugs me. It's the training staff. How many players is that now in the last five years that are getting hip surgery? WTF is McCrossin and company doing because clearly the training plan they're providing players is blowing up on them. 

This is not a training staff issue. I've seen hip injuries becoming more common even in the minor hockey world. It's a product of year round hockey training. Most kids have to train year around and do not play other sports.  Playing other sports is crucial to develop other muscle groups.  When you do the same movements over and over your bound to get certain injuries. It's happening with baseball as well. Arm Injuries that would happen to players later in their careers are happening at a much younger age. It all relates back to over use. Even when parents are told don't play year around they won't listen. I've seen it first hand. They believe their kid will fall behind. 

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1