Game 11: Philadelphia Flyers at Ottawa Senators; 11/5/22 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

The O and B are underdogs (+150) with Cappertek predicting a 4-3 loss.  The Dangerfield Effect is at play.  Ottawa lags us in many stats:

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/phi-vs-ott/2022/11/05/2022020182 They have lost 4 in a row.  But we still get no respect.  It looks like Hart vs. Forsberg, with Cam Talbott is possibility. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Greetings:

The O and B are underdogs (+150) with Cappertek predicting a 4-3 loss.  The Dangerfield Effect is at play.  Ottawa lags us in many stats:

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/phi-vs-ott/2022/11/05/2022020182 They have lost 4 in a row.  But we still get no respect.  It looks like Hart vs. Forsberg, with Cam Talbott is possibility. 

Shall we tally Giroux for a hat trick that is coming...

:DancingGrape:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, Howie58 said:

Hayes redeemed himself. 

Before i make this comment all i seen was the scoring clip but Hayes would have rode the bench the rest of the game after what i saw.

WTF was he doing watching Giroux quickly skate behind him for the tap in and he act like he was still his team mate looks at him and then doesn't ty to keep pace with him.

He can't be endearing himself to the fans and he certainly isn't impressing suitors. Torts can not be liking all of his game. 

I am watching college football today and tonight eff the Flyers. 

The Flyers held tight and this time it wasn't all Hart. After standing around and watching Giroux score his 300th the rest of the way it was a good solid team effort. Lot of blocked shots, kept the crease clear for the most part. Their best 3rd I've seen so far.

And Zach scored another goal - gotta love that. A real snipe too I didn't know he had it in him!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

The Flyers held tight and this time it wasn't all Hart. After standing around and watching Giroux score his 300th the rest of the way it was a good solid team effort. Lot of blocked shots, kept the crease clear for the most part. Their best 3rd I've seen so far.

And Zach scored another goal - gotta love that. A real snipe too I didn't know he had it in him!

Zach earns his keep. Without any 30 goal types around, we need him.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Score aside, Risto was a healthy scratch.That should make some folks here happy. His absence wasn't noticed!

I wondered if he was not 100% yet but a healthy scratch that IS interesting. Torts true to his word then. 

Even game in many ways. Kind of appropriate Claude would be the center of attention but we come out on top with hard work and effort and that's all that matters. 

I honestly didn't think we'd have this many points even by Christmas so it's all good. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mad Dog said:

A really nice win on the road against a decent team, who just got their #1 goalie back, with the Flyers' roster looking like a bunch of AHLers...  And people are *still* complaining....  

I'm happy with the effort - full disclosure I've been distracted by Other Sports - but my definition of success isn't specifically related to this season.

Can they play their way into the 10-15 draft pick range? Maybe?

Is that a Good Thing?

Maybe not?

I still think there are too many mirrors and too much smoke. The underlying deficiencies can't be papered over forever - and they're not.

This team has to the end of the year to establish itself and claims it's own direction because teams will stop taking them lightly.

Quite frankly, I'd like to see the Flyers on the Sabres' trajectory.

Yes. The Sabres.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

46 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

I wondered if he was not 100% yet but a healthy scratch that IS interesting. Torts true to his word then. 

Even game in many ways. Kind of appropriate Claude would be the center of attention but we come out on top with hard work and effort and that's all that matters. 

I honestly didn't think we'd have this many points even by Christmas so it's all good. 

Risto was a healthy scratch, along with Bellows. 

I don't want to give the impression of being an ingrate.  It's good we're winning.  The effort is a plus.  And yes, Torts may be right that people are learning to play as a team.  But the hockey is hard to watch.  The shot blocking and hits have to take a toll.  I wonder how long this can last?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Howie58 said:

But the hockey is hard to watch. 

This has been where i was at the little i tried to watch it is mid 90's 2-1 Devil's hockey feel to me.

Nothing at all to wow you.

Fg5TerVXEAI9MLL.jpg.6221d4d1b471ae071fbb0d3237ec29a7.jpg

Fg5TnsQWQAMdF1g.jpg.b134fb3754f674b8cac53288c8c41818.jpg

Thank God Carter Hart has found his game. Might be due to his teacher.

Fg5SBDIWAAQn-Ft.jpg.a4cb0e36064585fc46befa75985a68e5.jpg

But yeah they lack star and goal scoring power for real.

:Eagles:

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Good Post 1

On 11/5/2022 at 10:20 PM, Howie58 said:

I am glad we won. But Hart and blocked shots cant sustain this for long

That's kinda what I'm hoping for Howie!  Either this team keeps doing what they are doing and they end up just outside the playoffs (9-12 spot) or their play comes back down to what their roster actually is and they get a top 5 pick.    I know what I am (and have been) hoping for.

This is the first year that I haven't watched every game for 25 years.   In fact, I haven't watch a full game yet.   I hope someone lets me back on the wagon next year.

• Like 3