Selling Low on Provorov or High on Konecny ?

mojo1917

46 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Speaking of Provorov, his sitting out of warm ups the other night is making national news. Maybe that will hurt his trade value

yes, I think it will, at least for the short term.

I think  @radoran had the crystal ball when he said he thinks Provorov will be in the KHL sooner than later.

I think that was a ****** thing to do to his teammates. 

It's 20 minutes in a jersey. In addition to being selfish I think he was short sighted.  

My opinion on this comes from him showing his ass to his teammates. 

He's got to go IMO.

Edited by radoran
minor edit to avoid sparking a debate
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I've got a list of "got to go" that are current Flyers...Provorov doesn't make the top 10

He's a weird loner who seems to think the world revolves around him. 

We all know it revolves around Beyonce. 

So wtf is he thinking?

Seriously, though... he's not the number one we thought he was going to be. 

It appears he's an asshole who doesn't consider his teammates... why not turn him into somethings that could be useful?

On 1/18/2023 at 12:55 PM, RonJeremy said:

We can't dump Risto and we gave Soyheim a no trade , so Provy probably was going no matter what.

This is exactly backwards. The price of getting rid of Risto is Provorov. That's a trade I would do. It's the cost of getting rid of stupid.

• Like 2

Folks…. Consider this a shot across the bow.

Remain civil towards everyone and keep the comments related to hockey only.

There are other outlets outside of this forum to discuss what transpired the other evening.

Edited by pilldoc

9 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

We all know it revolves around Beyonce. 

So wtf is he thinking?

LMAO! you got me there!

9 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Seriously, though... he's not the number one we thought he was going to be. 

It appears he's an asshole who doesn't consider his teammates... why not turn him into somethings that could be useful?

I'll trade anyone if the price is right.

Whatever Fletcher gets isn't the right price.

I'd rather play with Provorov than JVR/Ristolainen/Hayesee/DeAngelo/Seeler/Deslauriers off the top of my head. Of course Fletcher might bring in a 3rd for provorov whereas he'll be sending out 2nds from 4th millenium along with the rest of those clowns.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Has this always been the case with Provorov or is this something that developed the past couple of seasons?

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

Has this always been the case with Provorov or is this something that developed the past couple of seasons?

I'm wondering if being the only Russian on the team has an affect?

Add to the "bad team" and overall lack of progress for the organization throughout his career.

I can see where he wants out and the team is over the "potential upside."

He could very well go somewhere else and succeed. And that somewhere else could easily be the KHL.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I'd rather play with Provorov than JVR/Ristolainen/Hayesee/DeAngelo/Seeler/Deslauriers off the top of my head.

In a vacuum this is fine.

Only a knucklehead would prefer Deangelo/Ristolainen to Provorov based on skill alone.

Based on skill I don't want to trade him either.

Sadly, there are other factors. The first is; I don't see him buying into the coaching message. It doesn't seem like he's made the leap in performance that others have this year. Wade Allison, small sample size, seems to always pop when he's on the ice. He's buying in. Limited talent guy Nick Seeler is buying in, his game has gone from unghh to meh. These are fringe guys benefiting from the new message.  The guy with the pedigree is failing to stop plays, failing to break his team out of the zone well...he's not the steady #1 that calms **** down. He's the same player he was under Hakstol.

Ivan hasn't shown to be super smart especially this last week, nor has he shown that he's in the fight with the boys trying to figure this mess out.

His talent has gotten him to where he is now falling short of expectations.  I believe, in his mind he's done with this **** and as long as he's here, this is the best version of the player we'll see. 

I don't think that's good enough for his role, he bristles at accepting a different role, or reduced ice time, he doesn't seem to react to coaching.

If the objective of this season is to find out who's worth keeping to build around, I don't view him as a candidate. 

2 years ago I would have never typed this.

He doesn't fit.

Make the best use of the him now to get other assets that can be built around.

Edited by mojo1917

3 hours ago, Samifan said:

I think @radoran makes a good point about him being the only Russian on the team.

In past seasons there were more Euro guys on the team, I think the North Americanization of the roster may have some effect there.

He's also been a workout warrior, he's "President Business" all the time. He trains maniacally and that may cause him to view guys he doesn't see working to his level as lacking commitment.  I mean who knows.

It is not a case of the player not having abilities. It's mental, I've read and heard things (pod casts) that say he doesn't hang around his teammates. 

Fonzie wants to build a gang.

It doesn't seem to me like Provorov wants to be in the gang.

I wouldn't have the meetings in Provorov's garage  if it was my gang. 

15 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Is there a reason posts of mine about Provorov keep disappearing? A similar post by @ruxpin is gone too but @mojo1917 is still here. No big deal but a courtesy PM would've been nice.

My posts have been edited.

And I have tried really hard to keep the non-hockey stuff out of the Provorov discussion- And they've been altered anyway.

If your post was in the same time period with some heated exchanges, it may have been collateral damage. 

The mods are trying hard to keep this topic and Provorov in particular from becoming monkeys flinging feces at each other.

Edited by mojo1917

2 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

It doesn't seem to me like Provorov wants to be in the that gang.

I think there's also the flip side that "the gang" may not want him, either.

It happens where relationships within an organization just don't work. And this most likely predates the drama of this week.

I don't think he wants to be here. And I think the organization* is willing, and smart, to move on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mojo1917 said:

My posts have been edited.

And I have tried really hard to keep the non-hockey stuff out of the Provorov discussion- And they've been altered anyway.

If your post was in the same time period with some heated exchanges, it may have been collateral damage. 

The mods are trying hard to not have this topic and Provorov in particular into becoming monkeys flinging feces at each other.

It's a tightrope and we've put a pretty big blanket over it rather than appearing to pick and choose what gets posted.

"Erring on the side of caution" as it were for the strict "no politics" policy that is pretty well established.

As @pilldoc noted earlier, the only other alternative is to close the thread entirely, and this obviously has some serious "hockey" implications beyond this week's drama.

@GratefulFlyers- it's nothing at all "personal" it's just a big blanket. Feel free to DM me if you'd like to discuss.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

No I didn't take it personally I just would've appreciated a heads-up that's all but no big deal.

Yeah, sorry, there was a lot happening and it was more putting down fire retardant than anything.

Several mods have been in on the process.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

No I didn't take it personally I just would've appreciated a heads-up that's all but no big deal.

Agreed.

I have to again consider my continued membership here 

• Good Post 1

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

You know, seriously.

There is not a damn thing worth discussing about this **** hockey team on this **** site that hasn't been beaten to death ad nauseum.  The Flyers have something happen that makes national news that is actually worth discussing and apparently we're so incapable of discussing in an adult manner that it causes the mods to have to way overreact and wipe out all mention of said national news, including posts that soberly, without malice or attack simply expressed personal opinion on said national news topic.

I'm not trying to throw the mods under the bus here. They're good, honest people who go out of their way to do their best so I don't know what went on but I know they did what they felt they had to and after a lot of thought.

But for the life of me, outside of my participation in the fantasy hockey leagues, I can't figure out why the hell to bother.

Sorry for the rant, and this will be deleted since this is 1000 times more aggressive than my previous, now deleted or hidden post, but this sucks.

I now return you to your stream of regurgitated vomit on the most recent pointless Flyers game.

👏👏👏👏👏

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ruxpin said:

You know, seriously.

There is not a damn thing worth discussing about this **** hockey team on this **** site that hasn't been beaten to death ad nauseum.  The Flyers have something happen that makes national news that is actually worth discussing and apparently we're so incapable of discussing in an adult manner that it causes the mods to have to way overreact and wipe out all mention of said national news, including posts that soberly, without malice or attack simply expressed personal opinion on said national news topic.

I'm not trying to throw the mods under the bus here. They're good, honest people who go out of their way to do their best so I don't know what went on but I know they did what they felt they had to and after a lot of thought.

But for the life of me, outside of my participation in the fantasy hockey leagues, I can't figure out why the hell to bother.

Sorry for the rant, and this will be deleted since this is 1000 times more aggressive than my previous, now deleted or hidden post, but this sucks.

I now return you to your stream of regurgitated vomit on the most recent pointless Flyers game.

Did I mention Fletcher sucks?

• Haha 1