What happened to Flyers fans?

icehole

Just now, pilldoc said:

@tucson83 

Just to bring you up to speed, like @flyercanuck mentioned here are the deals your beloved FO, who you think does no wrong, brought to this organization .......

Exhibit #1

July 23, 2021 -

Sabres get Hagg / 2021 1st / 2023 2nd 

Flyers get Risto

So everybody knows that 2023 is going to be a deep draft and yet Fletch trades the Flyers 2nd Rounder.  Risto plays horrible, which we all knew he would, and yet Fletch has the audacity to extend Risto for 5 yrs at  ~$5.1 million per year.  Cap irresponsibility at its finest here.

Exhibit #2

July 8, 2022

Caroline gets 2022 4th RD / 2023 3rd RD / 2024 2nd RD

Flyers get Tony Deangelo / 7th RD

Let me get this we traded 3 picks for this rotten piece of excrement....

Out of all NHL defensemen with at least 200 minutes played at even strength this season, DeAngelo ranks third-worst in the league in terms of impact on his team’s ability to prevent expected goals, ahead of only John Klingberg and Ian Mitchell. Only six blueliners have been on the ice for more high-danger chances against per 60 minutes. By all public statistical models and measures, DeAngelo has been one of the worst defensemen in the NHL this season.

Then Flectch gives him 2 years at 5 million a piece .....  Again total team and cap irresponsibility.

Shall I go on?

This FO that you trust and don't blame at all is give Nic Deslauriers a 4 year bloody contract at 1.75 million dollar contract with ....get this beauty of it...a freakin NTC clause for 32 yr old career 4th liner.  

Do you own damn research and you will find out why exactly the Flyers are where they are ....but you are too damn lazy to do that.

This team is rotten to the core for a reason and must be totally burnt down and started from scratch ......

You are either totally insane or one hell of troll if you believe this FO given time and patience is going to fix this dumpster fire ....

The defense rests ...... 

All you're doing is using facts and reason.   This chart shows the path:

tangled-yarn-messed-680x450.jpg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

You can have him along with his ridiculous contract .....

Give us either Thompson or Tuch and you can have Risto back ... ;) 

I’ll pass on that.  Nor Dahlin or Power.  You guys all seem to be fine with the one inmate who is running the asylum.  John freakin Tortorella!!!  Are you kidding?  He won a Calder cup here for our Amerks ages ago before he won with Lacavelier way back but just like Keenan who won in Rochester also, he is now half nuts

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I’ll pass on that.  Nor Dahlin or Power.  You guys all seem to be fine with the one inmate who is running the asylum.  John freakin Tortorella!!!  Are you kidding?  He won a Calder cup here for our Amerks ages ago before he won with Lacavelier way back but just like Keenan who won in Rochester also, he is now half nuts

Best, truest post you've ever written (except for the "you guys all").

Right there with you on the Torts dislike. And the weird nostalgia-driven delusions involving Keenan every time the Flyers have a head coach opening.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

LOL .... come on.. you are no fun! Where is your sense of adventure ....(chucking....you know I am just teasing here .... ;) )

and BTW you are not wrong here ...you are spot on .....

Edited by pilldoc

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Oh well Chuckles is playing hard ball...

Greenway, a 3rd line player for the Wild.  Drafted in 2nd RD (#50) by the Wild in 2015.  He is 26 with a current contract of $3 million x3 more years. Becomes UFA in 25-26.

Currently has 2G/4A in 40+ games this year with the Wild.  Don't give a damn about the player.  I want the 2nd RD pick.  Anything less that a 3rd and decent prospect will  be an Epic fail.

For those hoping for Boldy ...not gonna happen for a pure rental player.....

Let's see what ol' Fletch does .....

11 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Greenway, a 3rd line player for the Wild.  Drafted in 2nd RD (#50) by the Wild in 2015.  He is 26 with a current contract of $3 million x3 more years. Becomes UFA in 25-26.

Currently has 2G/4A in 40+ games this year with the Wild.  Don't give a damn about the player.  I want the 2nd RD pick.  Anything less that a 3rd and decent prospect will  be an Epic fail.

JVR can help someone and likely would love out.  The Wild have kind of taken a step backward after looking like legit West contenders earlier.  So it is possible this can happen.  Both teams would walk away happy

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

WTF would you want another RW?

You already have a log jam.

Konecny

Tippett

Allison

And Atkinson if he comes back next season?

Why paint yourself into a corner?

I know because it's the Flyers.

• Like 1

Atkinson is toast. I wonder if he'll ever play NHL hockey again. Same with Couturier. I won't be surprised to hear they both have hung 'em up for good.

TK is out "for awhile" according to Tortorella. Weegar nailed him right in the numbers and TK went down hard. I wonder if he comes back this season.

But still your question is the right one - why another RW? A GM who understands the job would have a good answer. Or he wouldn't accept a RW given what he's already got. But this is Chuck Fletcher so who knows.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

You already have a log jam.

Konecny

Tippett

Allison

And Atkinson if he comes back next season?

Why paint yourself into a corner?

I know because it's the Flyers.

26 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Atkinson is toast. I wonder if he'll ever play NHL hockey again. Same with Couturier. I won't be surprised to hear they both have hung 'em up for good.

TK is out "for awhile" according to Tortorella. Weegar nailed him right in the numbers and TK went down hard. I wonder if he comes back this season.

But still your question is the right one - why another RW? A GM who understands the job would have a good answer. Or he wouldn't accept a RW given what he's already got. But this is Chuck Fletcher so who knows.

...BBBBuuuuuttttt according to another member on here there is nothing wrong with our FO and management and doesn't understand the hate towards them ......(insert eye roll here....)

Edited by pilldoc
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'll give you two guesses....and a hint. 

It starts with M and it rhymes with gin and soda...which is what I'm going to start drinking if this trade goes through. 

By all means trade JVR. But bringing in yet another bad contract is hardly helping. Trade him for a 2nd. Period. Or a 3rd. Period. Not AND another lousy contract plus Minnesota.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

...BBBBuuuuuttttt according to another member on here there is nothing wrong with our FO and management and doesn't understand the hate towards them ......(insert eye roll here....)

Safe to say, that sure as Hell ain't me. There's a whole bunch wrong with their front office and management. I don't even know where to begin.

15 hours ago, pilldoc said:

In case you have not noticed… this team is already a complete disaster and dumpster fire.

How are you doing that sherlock? We have no draft capital to trade and or players other teams want.  Our talent level sucks. Don’t you get it … you have to have players to get players or draft picks. Guess what our FO trades them like a hot potato.  And when we do trade we get a piss poor return.  Fletch has no idea on how broker a deal.

see Giroux, Claude

because they have no clue what the hell they are doing. That has been proven over and over the past few years….

you keep dodging my question…..

What player or players who are of super star status and are considered game changers on this current team are you going to build around?  (I asked the same question before and I have yet received an answer ..... Must admit you are great at dodging questions like a politician)

I am waiting……

this team is already in its death throes…

take off your O&B glasses and you would see that…..

PS … you oscillate back and forth like a damn politician. Trade for high end talent…. Be patient take our lumps…. Now back to trade for high end talent.  Jeepers make up your mind. You are making yourself look foolish……

And speaking of high end talent ...who are you trading for? and with what draft capital?

image.thumb.png.738aa43cf1c8c3b3a2be992ba7d56bc6.png

you are not trading for high end talent with low picks and you if want to trade our 1st Rd's then you really have no clue and you are just taking sideways out your mouth ....

im just telling you the truth and you dont want to hear it, you want to hear, tank for this guy and that guy, what's your plan b if it doesnt work out? just keep losing every year until the nhl gives us a star? are you really telling me that you can wait two decades of losing/tanking when we dont get no stars at all?

10 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

im just telling you the truth and you dont want to hear it, you want to hear

No … you can’t see reality and in your fictitious mind you are totally blind to the current state of the team.

The truth of the matter is this team sucks along with the FO. I don’t care if we sucked if we had plan BUT there is NO plan.

This team is wandering around the NHL like the Israelites wandering around the desert for 40 yrs after leaving Eygpt.

You refuse to answer any of my questions directed to you which proves you really have nothing to say.

You have absolutely no argument and can’t refute any facts I have presented to you.

I have given you every opportunity to present your case and all you do is repeat the same drivel over and over.

I’m sure Fletcher is proud he has a friend in you…..

39 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

im just telling you the truth and you dont want to hear it, you want to hear, tank for this guy and that guy, what's your plan b if it doesnt work out? just keep losing every year until the nhl gives us a star? are you really telling me that you can wait two decades of losing/tanking when we dont get no stars at all?

As opposed to the stars Fletcher has acquired....that he's now trying to dump but will have to retain salary to do so. The stars that have been benched, because they're lazy, or just plain stupid, or both. The stars that had us picking 5th overall last year, and probably around the same place this year. The stars that have the team falling in the standings from where they were when Fletcher took over. 

What is it that you're watching anyway...cause it sure isn't the Flyers.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

As opposed to the stars Fletcher has acquired....that he's now trying to dump but will have to retain salary to do so. The stars that have been benched, because they're lazy, or just plain stupid, or both. The stars that had us picking 5th overall last year, and probably around the same place this year. The stars that have the team falling in the standings from where they were when Fletcher took over. 

What is it that you're watching anyway...cause it sure isn't the Flyers.

Save your breath FC, he now arguing just for the sake of arguing.  Much like my teenage son even AFTER he has been proven wrong.

He has no substance to any of his posts just a lot of gum flapping and not much else to say but the same drivel over and over.  Many of us, you, rad, and myself have all given him a chance to articulate and explain himself but to no avail.  He flat out refuses to answer any of our questions.

Like I mentioned above, good ol' Fletch must be proud knowing he has a friend here .......

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Oh joy lucky us!!!!

WTH ...... seriously???  Every player should have a dream of playing for the SCF.  By him wanting to stay her means to me he has no competitive spirit.  I don't want him .....I will drive him to his new destination .......