TRADE: Flyers trade Ratcliffe to Nashville

mkscrewy

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

I agree...if someone would give up a 1st if you retain 50% then do it. Same with Deangelo. Purge the douchebags! 

Bonus part on that, it gives Fletcher less money to bring in more lousy contracts.

It doesn't even have to be a 1st I would take 2 7th round pick for both.

Edited by OccamsRazor

Here is the thing though…..He is so phenomenally inept. His “aggressive retool” failed miserably and he doesn’t have a movable asset that will generate more than a 3rd round draft pick (JVR). 

How can ownership ignore the fact his retool failed and allow him to change direction, abandon the retool, and shift to a rebuild?! He is admitting his failure to build a winner and now he’s being trusted to rebuild, after trading away significant draft picks for his retool?!   It’s like watching an episode of the Twilight Zone! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

If he moves Hayes I’ll be shocked. And tremendously happy. That would be enough. JVR expires after the season and god pray they don’t re-sign him. Just get rid of Hayes anything else is a bonus.

Yes.

Hopefully we can trade Hayes for the couple of stars we keep being told about that other GMs are just dying to trade for garbage.   For JVR,, too.  2 stars for each gets 4. $8m each for 8 years is a suppressed salary cap league.   Because,, clearly, that's how all the other cup winners are doing it.

(None of this is directed at you).

I feel dumber for having written that.  I heard that, though, when I was in the second largest populated city in Arizona.  They're all brilliant out there. Not a nut among them.

3 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

If he moves Hayes I’ll be shocked. And tremendously happy. That would be enough. JVR expires after the season and god pray they don’t re-sign him. Just get rid of Hayes anything else is a bonus.

I'll be shocked but happy right along with you.

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

I'll be shocked but happy right along with you.

I'd like to dump Hayes, D.A., JVR ,I don't care what we get back,  and Provorov only if we can get a real good return.  Provy is an UFA in two years and I don't  thinks hes happy in Philly and i dont see him wanting to re-sign. We will suck again next year and if Provy has his third subpar year in a row, his value will be nothing. There are some teams that think he can turn it around in a good environment. So since we will be handcuffed for 8 years with Soyheims ridiculous contract, we should see what offers are out there for Provy.

58 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

We will suck again next year and if Provy has his third subpar year in a row, his value will be nothing.

That’s true. But I like Provorov. I keep hoping he’ll reset, start playing how he did his rookie year and get back on the trajectory we all thought we’d see from him.

Maybe he can’t do that in the O&B. I do think he can do it somewhere else. I don’t know if he’s “damaged goods” at this point (for the Flyers) but it seems like he is. 

Unfortunately it’s probably time to chalk him up as one more coulda/woulda/shoulda been from the Flyers. 

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So would the Flyers acquiesce???

A trade like this really really scares the shat out of me with Chuckles working the deal.

I don't even want to think about it.

Ya the only thing I want Fletcher moving out is JVR and all his own stupid personal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Ya the only thing I want Fletcher moving out is JVR and all his own stupid personal.

Where there is smoke there is fire...

...I just know he would get fleeced in thus deal.

11 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Where there is smoke there is fire...

...I just know he would get fleeced in thus deal.

Look, I only had to send yet another 2nd out to get us out of Provorovs contract...that I signed him to. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I don't know about trusting Seravalli - the other day I read a rumor about Hayes and he called him a "solid 2-way center" and added something about his contract - called it a bargain, or affordable I forget - but it was even more stupid.

It's "a bargain" or "affordable" if the Flyers retain half. Therein lies the value. 

• Like 1

How do I quit the internet? I just want to forget the Flyers exist and then tune back in ten years from now when they are relevant again. I want to be ignorant of everything thats happening and pretend it never did

• Like 3

right I should give him credit he did reference that the Flyers will retain up to 1/2 his salary - but the whole thing read like somebody who'd never seen the guy play.

edit: at this point it doesn't look like it'll matter. A little over 1 day to go and still nothing out of Fletcher. And really - even at $3.5x whatever it is - does a PO team need Kevin Hayes? Or even JVR for that matter? I don't think so. But since Fletcher valued Hayes so highly he surely wants to recoup some of that...and apparently nobody wants to help him out.

Edited by GratefulFlyers

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

How do I quit the internet? I just want to forget the Flyers exist and then tune back in ten years from now when they are relevant again. I want to be ignorant of everything thats happening and pretend it never did

Don't you mean...if they are relevant again?

3 hours ago, fan4ever said:

Don't you mean...if they are relevant again?

Well he did say 10 years. Ten years is a long time, too long for any organization to keep repeating the same thing over and over, hoping for a different result. No NHL franchise has managers that stupid. 🤣

• Like 1