TRADE: Flyers trade Ratcliffe to Nashville

mkscrewy

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/trade-flyers-acquire-future-considerations-from-nashville/c-341563292

The Philadelphia Flyers announced the club has traded forward Isaac Ratcliffe to the Nashville Predators in exchange for future considerations, according to President of Hockey Operations & General Manager, Chuck Fletcher.

Ratcliffe, 24 (2/15/99), tallied four points (2-2=4), 22 penalty minutes (PIM) and one game-winning goal (GWG) in 26 games with Lehigh Valley of the American Hockey League (AHL) this season. The 6-foot-5, 203-pound native of London, Ontario, owns 56 points (22-34=56), 142 PIM, three power-play goals (PPG) and two GWG in 162 career contests with the Phantoms in five seasons (2017-18; 2019-23). He made his NHL debut with the Flyers on Jan. 29, 2022 vs. Los Angeles and scored his first NHL goal on Feb. 9, 2022 vs. Detroit. The winger owns four career points (1-3=4) in 10 NHL games and was selected by Philadelphia in the second round (35th overall) of the 2017 NHL Entry Draft.

Edited by pilldoc
updated title of thread

• pilldoc changed the title to TRADE: Flyers trade Ratcliffe to Nashville
  • pilldoc pinned this topic

The Flyers selected Ratcliffe with the No. 35 overall pick in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft after handing the Arizona Coyotes three draft picks to trade up for him.  The Arizona Coyotes' second-round pick went to the Philadelphia Flyers as the result of a trade on June 24, 2017, that sent a second and third-round pick both in 2017 (44th and 75th overall) and the Islanders' fourth-round pick in 2017 (108th overall) to Arizona in exchange for this pick

I swear to god I hate this club even more .... we traded 3 picks to Arizona in order to draft this kid.

For those keeping score at home Jason Robertson went to Dallas at #38 that year.

• Like 3

Yes, this one is a bit screwy.  On Saturday after the NJ debacle, I commented on our draft picks failing to pan out as hoped, especially the high rounds.  Well, for whatever reason, he goes.  I could understand giving up a roster slot for something plausible in return.  WTF.  Sad.  

Occ and "Family:"

Agreed that he has four points with the Phantoms.  Strangely, he had 4 points in 10 games with the Big Club last year.  That aside, if this is a bust, it is another one of our high draft picks failing.  Granted, this was from the Pryor-Hextall Regime, which probably factored into the decision.  But from vantage--that's the Big Story on Action News.  We have had too many high round draft failures.  This piece on our first-rounders is not particularly inspiring....

https://thehockeywriters.com/flyers-tough-history-high-first-round-picks/

I look at what Nashville did today and say to myself, "those people know when to retool and reload."  My gut says this leadership would bleep up 15 top-two round picks and end up with "deplorables."  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Occ and "Family:"

Agreed that he has four points with the Phantoms.  Strangely, he had 4 points in 10 games with the Big Club last year.  That aside, if this is a bust, it is another one of our high draft picks failing.  Granted, this was from the Pryor-Hextall Regime, which probably factored into the decision.  But from vantage--that's the Big Story on Action News.  We have had too many high round draft failures.  This piece on our first-rounders is not particularly inspiring....

https://thehockeywriters.com/flyers-tough-history-high-first-round-picks/

I look at what Nashville did today and say to myself, "those people know when to retool and reload."  My gut says this leadership would bleep up 15 top-two round picks and end up with "deplorables."  

He is 6-5 and a puss-cee.

To soft to play in the today's AHL much less the NHL made it playing against kids in junior he was much bigger than and well has been exposed since turning pro.

Nothing lost here besides another Hextall draft pick.

But my frustration comes from him not moving the NHL players for antyhing of value - but let's be honest no one really wants our garbage.

Except a GM like Chuck....so more likely nothing gets done this year. Such a bad team and bad organization nothing shocks me anymore.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 2

12 hours ago, mkscrewy said:

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/trade-flyers-acquire-future-considerations-from-nashville/c-341563292

The Philadelphia Flyers announced the club has traded forward Isaac Ratcliffe to the Nashville Predators in exchange for future considerations, according to President of Hockey Operations & General Manager, Chuck Fletcher.

Ratcliffe, 24 (2/15/99), tallied four points (2-2=4), 22 penalty minutes (PIM) and one game-winning goal (GWG) in 26 games with Lehigh Valley of the American Hockey League (AHL) this season. The 6-foot-5, 203-pound native of London, Ontario, owns 56 points (22-34=56), 142 PIM, three power-play goals (PPG) and two GWG in 162 career contests with the Phantoms in five seasons (2017-18; 2019-23). He made his NHL debut with the Flyers on Jan. 29, 2022 vs. Los Angeles and scored his first NHL goal on Feb. 9, 2022 vs. Detroit. The winger owns four career points (1-3=4) in 10 NHL games and was selected by Philadelphia in the second round (35th overall) of the 2017 NHL Entry Draft.

Ratcliffe actually played really well in his ten game callup last year.  He got four points, laid some big hits out and looked good on the forecheck. I don't know how he couldn't even make it as a fourth line guy in the AHL. I wonder what will happen with Jay O' Brian, he's got 27 points in 31 games for BU. He could be another first round flop if he's not signed in June.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

And so another young D-man escapes the Flyers organization. Good for him. For the Flyers who cares.

You lost me at D-man  :) 

I really thought Issac would pan out and he still might.  The preds obviously sees something in him and right now, I trust the Preds org wayyyyy more than the Flyers org.  Just on that metric alone, my guess is he turns into a serviceable 3/4 liner.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Digityman said:

I really thought Issac would pan out and he still might.  The preds obviously sees something in him and right now, I trust the Preds org wayyyyy more than the Flyers org.  Just on that metric alone, my guess is he turns into a serviceable 3/4 liner.

And there's Eeli Tolvanen in Seattle and you're still right.

Patrick Maroon couldn't cut it here and he's only won the Cup three times.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, radoran said:

And there's Eeli Tolvanen in Seattle and you're still right.

Patrick Maroon couldn't cut it here and he's only won the Cup three times.

That can happen in a lot of places to a lot of players.  But it may happen here more often.  The underperformance of our high round picks is a major contributor to this team's performance. But Rad's comments raises a lot questions.  Do they fail because the scouts didn't do their homework?  Does our coaching staff in the minors stunt development?  Do our trainers stink?  There's no joy in Flyerville.  Meanwhile, other teams develop and we are Semper Mediacritas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

Provorov was a really good defenceman on the Flyers. Then he wasn't.

Sanheim was a really good defenceman on the Flyers. Then he wasn't

Farabee was a really good forward on the Flyers. Then he wasn't.

The same thing happened to Konecny, though he's rebounded. 

Something stinks in this organization. And I think it's the organization.

Agreed....I've thought about coaching from that vantage.  We dismiss Stevens and he goes on to a respectable career in LA.  We say bye, bye to Berube....he wins a Cup.  We sack Hakstol, and the guy seems to be doing a great job in Seattle with a second year squad.  AV and Yeo had excellent to at least competent pedigree.  And they rotted on the vine.  Yeah....if I can paraphrase Governor DeSantis, Wells Fargo Center is where excellence comes to die.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

I wonder what will happen with Jay O' Brian, he's got 27 points in 31 games for BU.

They can walk away and recoup a 2nd round pick. Can't tell what they are going to do.

His teammate Flyer's 2022 3rd round pick Devin Kaplan some have said already looks more developed than O'Brien.

It was a Hextall pick so you never know what they going to do with them. If they recoup a 2nd all Chuck's going to do is throw it in on a trade next year for someone old forward.

I think JO is worth a look on the Phantoms it is only going to cost you a entry level contract to see why not on a rebuilding team.

36 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Provorov was a really good defenceman on the Flyers. Then he wasn't.

Sanheim was a really good defenceman on the Flyers. Then he wasn't

Farabee was a really good forward on the Flyers. Then he wasn't.

The same thing happened to Konecny, though he's rebounded. 

Something stinks in this organization. And I think it's the organization.

IMO… this post is spot on and speaks volumes…..

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, radoran said:

They paid a 1st, 3 2nds, 3rd, 4th, and a 7th to turn Gotstobethere and Hagg into Deangelo, Ristolainen and a 7th. With the idea that they would be more competitive.

clear definition of insanity……

• Like 1