Chuck, “We’re selling” proceeds to make zero trades.

Samifan

6 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Fans aren't mad at Fletcher just for yesterday. They're mad at him for his complete incompetence during his entire tenure as a Flyer GM (and Minnesota GM before). Every move he makes helps the other team more than it does the Flyers. This was just the icing on the cake.

While draft picks were flying everywhere, 1st rounders were going for a guy with 4 goals and 10 assists, Chuck, FINALLY NOT GOING FOR IT, but as a seller brought in the grand total of a 5th and a 6th and future considerations. He refused to deal Nick Seeler...NICK SEELER!!!...because "he's too important to the team" NICK SEELER! If he was from Saskatchewan he would have been long gone. It's this kind of stupity that has us where we are. 1 pick in the first 3 rounds of one of the deepest drafts ever. Brilliant. 

edit: Apparently vis was saying the same thing I was seconds before . Nice to see you around vis. 

100% agree, FC.  All of that is accurate.

And, yeah, nice to post a little but it sucks that it’s under these unfortunate circumstances.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, icehole said:

They finally admitted that they have to go in a different direction and not patch the team like they've done forever.

The Flyers haven't admitted anything yet.  When they start dealing people like Konecny, Farabee, Provorov, etc., then we will know they have admitted a multi-year rebuild is required.  Until then, this is all theater for rubes.

13 hours ago, tucson83 said:

can you just accept the fact that this team is rebuilding or did you expect this trade deadline to give us game changers for next year?

Are you seriously kidding? This team isn't rebuilding, Fletcher and the rest of the so-called brain trust have no idea how to build team from a rebuild to a contender. There are in a constant state of La, La land, spinning around doing nothing at all. This organization under this leadership is royally ****ed and a total disgrace to the legacy that Ed Snider built when it comes to this hockey team.

• Good Post 3

1 hour ago, icehole said:

I also think what happened yesterday could be a good thing. Let's look at 2 scenarios.

1. Fans are all anticipating JVR gets dealt. Chuck unloads him at the deadline for a 4th rounder. Fans ease up. The team gets loose and they win a few games down the stretch. The flyers end up drafting at somewhere around 10th because of the meaningless games they won, and they have a 4th round pick that's not going to do anything to improve the team. The clueless team at Comcast says "chuck got it done and the fans seemed to have calmed down a little". They give chuck another year as GM.

2. Yesterday happens. Fans are irate. JVR is still on the team. He makes the team worse as it is, but now he's disgruntled because chuck says nobody want him. He doesn't want to push himself too hard, Hayesy gets even more lazy, and the entire team is already packing it in. They lose almost all their remaining games and move up in the draft lottery. Nobody is attending games, and the few that do attend are chanting "fire chuck...fire chuck." Comcast is tired of being embarrassed so they finally fire him. The flyers get a top 3 lottery pick and they have a new GM to make the pick and move some bad contracts in the off-season.

I can hope right?

The problem is not only Chuck has to go but the "Senior hockey advisors" have to go too. Flyers fans have been wanting a teardown and a full rebuild for the last 5 years at least, Hextall had the right approach but he had ego issues. Also the "Senior hockey advisors" didn't agree with Hextall's plan and wanted a quick fix like always. Flyers fans aren't dumb, they know what this organization needs to do to get back to being a regular contender every year, the problem is the Flyers front office has no ****** idea or aren't willing to do that because the only thing they care about is the profit or bottom line for Comcast.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Lindbergh31 said:

Are you seriously kidding? This team isn't rebuilding, Fletcher and the rest of the so-called brain trust have no idea how to build team from a rebuild to a contender. There are in a constant state of La, La land, spinning around doing nothing at all. This organization under this leadership is royally ****ed and a total disgrace to the legacy that Ed Snider built when it comes to this hockey team.

Good to see around again @Lindbergh31….. ignore him… been arguing with him for the past 10 days. He likes talking from both sides if his mouth. 

• Like 1

Just now, pilldoc said:

Good to see around again @Lindbergh31….. ignore him… been arguing with him for the past 10 days. He likes talking from both sides if his mouth. 

Lol, I've been coming here reading the posts and posting things from time to time but as I see on here there's lots of frustrated Flyers fans and with good reasons. It's sad to see this once proud organization end up like this because an incompetent GM and a front office who doesn't give a ****. We finally have a good goalie in Hart and they're doing **** to build around him in order to take advantage and build a contender to compete for the cup. It's ********, the sad part is Flyers fans are watching the Rangers, Devils and Penguins contend.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Lindbergh31 said:

Lol, I've been coming here reading the posts and posting things from time to time but as I see on here there's lots of frustrated Flyers fans and with good reasons. It's sad to see this once proud organization end up like this because an incompetent GM and a front office who doesn't give a ****. We finally have a good goalie in Hart and they're doing **** to build around him in order to take advantage and build a contender to compete for the cup. It's ********, the sad part is Flyers fans are watching the Rangers, Devils and Penguins contend.

Always enjoy your posts. You're good people!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, radoran said:

Didn't even say 17 teams?

No.

He said 17 calls himself which once you think about how many of those were to teams even - knowing him he included the calls to the wife to ask what she needed from the grocery store before he came home.

How many were even hockey related?

Isn't the Flyers Dis-Organization supposed to have a "town hall" meeting today? Is it available on an internet site, anywhere...that anyone knows of ?  I'm dying to hear this s*it show, defend their ineptitude.

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

No.

He said 17 calls himself which once you think about how many of those were to teams even - knowing him he included the calls to the wife to ask what she needed from the grocery store before he came home.

How many were even hockey related?

Chuck is so full of it. I think at least 5 of those phone calls, were for pizza, finding out who had the quickest waiting time for it. 

• Like 1

BTW, before any of us give Snider too much credit, with how things used to be and being nostalgic, we should remember who thought it was perfectly great to leave his franchise... in the hands of a Flyers alumni clown show. I know he's been gone for years now, but he didn't think enough of Flyers fans, either..to leave the franchise in good hands with competent, intelligent and experienced (in a good way) hockey people. What I'm saying is, this didn't just begin. This franchise has been going down the toilet, for YEARS. It's just that we were lucky for one year, when we went to the second round against the Islanders and lost. Then, in 2012...Dear God...has it been that long?..since we upset the Penguins when we had Jagr.

Total malpractice, neglect and murder of a franchise... by the people running it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

BTW, before any of us give Snider too much credit, with how things used to be and being nostalgic, we should remember who thought it was perfectly great to leave his franchise... in the hands of a Flyers alumni clown show. I know he's been gone for years now, but he didn't think enough of Flyers fans, either..to leave the franchise in good hands with competent, intelligent and experienced (in a good way) hockey people. What I'm saying is, this didn't just begin. This franchise has been going down the toilet, for YEARS. It's just that we were lucky for one year, when we went to the second round against the Islanders and lost. Then, in 2012...Dear God...has it been that long?..since we upset the Penguins when we had Jagr.

Total malpractice, neglect and murder of a franchise... by the people running it. 

I don't give Snider ANY credit.  How many cups without Keith Allen?

Even the 80s teams were remnants of Allen's work (Clarke made some nice moves when he first started).

I credit Snider for bringing hockey to Philly.  Obviously there's more.

I also credit him for 2 decades of no goalie and wasting good teams. I credit him for allowing village idiots to run the show.  I credit him for allowing the village idiots to take the franchise on his death.

Thanks Ed.

• Good Post 1

2 hours ago, Lindbergh31 said:

I swear I made this exact same post 2 Novembers ago. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lindbergh31 said:

Next year's headlines will be "Hart demands a trade." and "Hart wants out of Philly". Mark my words, and I don't blame him, one bit. The Flyers can't have nice, or good, things.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FD19372 said:

Next year's headlines will be "Hart demands a trade." and "Hart wants out of Philly". Mark my words, and I don't blame him, one bit. The Flyers can't have nice, or good, things.

I agree it wouldn't surprise me either. Hart has one more year on his deal then he's an RFA which he could sign the qualifying offer to make sure he's an UFA the year after that. Then it will be bye bye Hart, he'll sign elsewhere.

• Like 1