Danny Briere: Flyers’ New GM Says ‘Rebuild,’ Welcomes the Challenge

29 minutes ago, radoran said:

I love the concept of bringing a guy in for an interview while simultaneously saying they will fill the position this week.

"So, am I a finalist?"

I wonder who it will be...?

:hocky:

Even better news...

:flyer:

21 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

oh lord not Olczyk please. Well I guess whoever it is won't be "out front" much so hopefully we won't have to listen to him. But I always had the impression he was basically a Flyers hater.

Pretty much describes anyone who's watched them the past five years.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

but if he has no experience how is he qualified?

You DO follow the Flyers, right?

There's NO way you could get worse management than Fletcher.

Flyer fans, meet the new and improved Flyer management Briere/Tortsie/Jones....none of whom have any NHL managing experience.

What could possibly go wrong?

Remember how much of a joke it used to be that Montreal would hire only French Canadian coaches? At least that was a larger gene pool than played for the Flyers. 

It sure was a fun month dreaming of competence. 

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Uggh... 1

16 hours ago, CoachX said:

I think Jones empathizes with the fans. He hates that the team sucks. Maybe that would make it work

Clarke hates to lose more than any person alive.  This actually hurts him as an executive.

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

Keith Jones? Seriously?

They did an extensive search for hockey people who have been through a rebuilding process, have experience running a hockey franchise, and have a demonstrated track record of success.

And then went with the former Flyer announcer guy.

It Begins Here We Go GIF by hero0fwar

• Haha 1
  • Annoyed 1

5 minutes ago, CoachX said:

its really a no brainer when you think about it

Look, the Pens are looking at a guy with these qualifications for their next GM:
"He's been working for the enemy, serving as the assistant general manager of the Rangers and GM for their AHL affiliate, the Hartford Wolf Pack, since August of 2021. Martin comes with nearly 20 years of NHL managerial and administrative experience, working in the Detroit Red Wings organization from 2005 until his hiring in New York. He also has a championship pedigree. He was a member of the front office team during the Detroit Red Wings 2008 Stanley Cup run, and oversaw Detroit's AHL affiliate, the Grand Rapids Griffins, en route to a 2017 Calder Cup championship. "

He's not even a former player! And he has managerial experience! What are they thinking!?!?!?

You obviously need a former (Flyers) player who took a few classes and sort of oversaw the general workings of a minor league team for a couple years.

It Begins Here We Go GIF by hero0fwar

• Like 1

• pilldoc changed the title to Danny Briere: Flyers’ New GM Says ‘Rebuild,’ Welcomes the Challenge
7 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

It sure was a fun month dreaming of competence.

yeah this really doesn’t look good…for awhile there I was convinced the signs were clearly pointing to a new direction, a fresh approach….out with old in with the new. The Flyers were finally starting to do things different. Turns out…not so much.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 2

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

yeah this really doesn’t look good…for awhile there I was convinced the signs were clearly pointing to a new direction, a fresh approach….out with old in with the new. The Flyers were finally starting to do things different. Turns out…not so much.

beware of wolf in sheep’s clothing….

image.gif.a1ac31078886346c380c62098529cdd9.gif

• Haha 1