Game 73: Montreal Canadiens at Philadelphia Flyers; 3/28/23 @ 7 PM

Howie58

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Hopefully for someone else.

Because they are stacked at RW with Foerster ready for service.

You didn't recognize the Ryan Ellis recovery progression? :5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

Well, the bad news is that his actual salary is only $600K less than his cap hit...

What's the market for a 35-year-old with a mystery ailment and two years of term at $5.875M?

:hocky:

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

From everything i have read from San Ant is his job just a formality to take care of once the season is over with to announce because realistically when he took over what can he really do as of now with the season pretty much over with now??

That is why in my eyes it would have been  a great test to see what he could have done at the trade deadline instead of Chuck. But what do i know.

So Danny B will be the guy i believe for sure.

yeah, I agree with this. I think the interim is a formality title. Flyer management is checking boxes and playing the games, knowing full well what comes next. I fully expect DB to be GM before the draft

• Like 2

1 minute ago, radoran said:

What's the market for a 35-year-old with a mystery ailment and two years of term at $5.875M?

That is why i said pick up 50% of his cap hit and wish him well in Arizona or somewhere.

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

That is why i said pick up 50% of his cap hit and wish him well in Arizona or somewhere.

Arizona needs cap hit. They want guys who are cheaper than their hit. Atkinson only gets them a $600K savings.

Also, too, Atkinson has a 10-team NTC list...

2 minutes ago, radoran said:

Ellis has four points in five games as a Flyer.

That projects out to 65 points!

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

Call Arizona they only have 26 mill in cap space accounted for next season on a 83.5 mill cap.

They took Weber for a 5th so seems like the team to trade with. They need more to get to the floor.

They could use more draft picks they only have 12 this coming draft.

3 minutes ago, CoachX said:

yeah, I agree with this. I think the interim is a formality title. Flyer management is checking boxes and playing the games, knowing full well what comes next. I fully expect DB to be GM before the draft

I honestly don't think they intended to fire Chuck in season. Makes no sense to let him screw up the trade deadline and then replace him.

I think the season ticket holder rebellion and booing really shook the organization*. You don't see things like that. That was some thing in the face that couldn't be ignored.

So DB has "interim" because they really had no plan - again - for how they were going to handle the transition.

They didn't expect to fire Hextall. They didn't expect to fire Vigneault. They didn't expect to fire Fletcher.

Is it any wonder they are where they are?

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

3 minutes ago, radoran said:

Also, too, Atkinson has a 10-team NTC list...

Yeah ok. Well wasn't thinking about that so that can be difficult.

But hey can you convince him to go back to Columbus with Hayes?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Call Arizona they only have 26 mill in cap space accounted for next season on a 83.5 mill cap.

They took Weber for a 5th so seems like the team to trade with. They need more to get to the floor.

Yeah, and Ellis is lower than his cap hit for the last two years of the deal. Just higher than it for the next two seasons.

It's quite likely that Ellis ends his career as a Yote. Just not sure that happens sooner than later...

• Uggh... 1

1 minute ago, radoran said:

Makes no sense to let him screw up the trade deadline and then replace him.

Amen damn near the dumbest thing i ever have seen - if i hadn't watched Chuck's whole tenure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Amen damn near the dumbest thing i ever have seen - if i hadn't watched Chuck's whole tenure.

It is difficult deciding what was the worst Fletcher foul-up. The Gostisbehere debacle? Throwing away picks to land one-dimensional (i.e. "useless") players? The Hayes contract? Failing to get anything not a even a 3R pick for JVR? The list goes on...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

The Gostisbehere debacle? Throwing away picks to land one-dimensional (i.e. "useless") players?

These two are related.

Spending a 1st, three 2nds, a 3rd, and a 4th to turn Gostobethere and Hagg into Ristolainen and Deangelo at a higher price point, for longer term has to be one of the worst examples of asset management in NHL history.

The fact that the guy they paid a 2nd and a 7th to get rid of returned a 3rd to the team they traded him to from a playoff contender just highlights the insanity.

Edited by radoran
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

The Yotes will pay $6M - total - over the next four seasons to get a $7.1M cap hit on their books each year.

Yes, my friends, this is a Holmgren contract.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, radoran said:

You didn't recognize the Ryan Ellis recovery progression? :5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

Well, the bad news is that his actual salary is only $600K less than his cap hit...

If the chucktard gets a job somewhere we can trade Ellis and Atkinson to him for a bag of pucks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, radoran said:

I think the season ticket holder rebellion and booing really shook the organization*. You don't see things like that. That was some thing in the face that couldn't be ignored

That and the night the Rangers fans took over the WFC.

Those two things happened within a two-week span.

• Like 1

It is insane to me that people are advocating wasting picks to get Ellis or one of the other undesirables off the roster.  That’s a move you make to clear cap space for a big move to put you over the top.

This team isn’t five moves from the top.  They are so far from the top and have so few assets they should be taking more bad contracts to get more assets if at all possible.

F4e just inspired a conspiracy theory...

To facilitate a successful rebuild, the Flyers fired chuk-fuk, knowing they could fleece him for draft picks and bad trades when he gets hired elsewhere

very shrewd. I bet it was Danny's idea

18 minutes ago, CoachX said:

F4e just inspired a conspiracy theory...

To facilitate a successful rebuild, the Flyers fired chuk-fuk, knowing they could fleece him for draft picks and bad trades when he gets hired elsewhere

very shrewd. I bet it was Danny's idea

Chuck will never work in the NHL again unless Holmgren pops up somewhere else around the NHL in the front office. Nope he has burned out in the NHL never to return...

• Like 1

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

Chuck will never work in the NHL again unless Holmgren pops up somewhere else around the NHL in the front office. Nope he has burned out in the NHL never to return...

Shut your trap. Stop pissing in my cheerios :readytofight:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I heard he us staying with the Flyers organization.  They found the perfect fit for his skillset. He is the new men's room attendant at the Wells Fargo Center.

• Good Post 1

1 minute ago, RonJeremy said:

I heard he us staying with the Flyers organization.  They found the perfect fit for his skillset. He is the new men's room attendant at the Wells Fargo Center.

image.jpeg.5412dc231b6ed0c0d994f074b250c4e6.jpeg

• Haha 1