Flyer's 2022-23 Season burn the tapes review rant thread.

5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

What the fcuk ever...

...maybe you should look in the mirror bro and stop being passive aggressive and putting blame on others.

From the little I saw he wasn't showing effort and when he did get involved he was just a play killer.

Good riddance.

He was an All Star like I’m an astronaut. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Kevin Hayes: "I was an All-star earlier in the year. The second half of the year I don't think I was given the same opportunity, it is what it is."

Fletchsy and I built the team with all my lameass pals to suck so bad that they actually picked me for the Allstar game...only because there HAS to be a player from every team. 

Hey Kevin ....here is your precious All Star participation trophy .....

Participation Trophy Gag Gift Embroidered Participation - Etsy

He may not be here for it.

They want to get younger by the time they are where they may want to be he will be 29 the last year of his deal.

Maybe it best to move contracts like that.

I prefer to keep him i like Provy sure he hasn't played well but in this dysfunction with average talent at best around you well very hard to shine.

Let's be honest Carter Hart has had  his struggles this year too....and pedestrian numbers to boot.

Whole team can be better Konecny has 40 goal potential for sure with better centers.

He too will 29 in the last year of his deal by the time they are good.

I expect some moves maybe to find a piece or two to start building around and by that for younger prospect to teams close after this playoff run.

Hopefully for once to the highest bidder for a fair return. Brick by brick. I expect some moves maybe at the draft. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

8 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

What the fcuk ever...

...maybe you should look in the mirror bro and stop being passive aggressive and putting blame on others.

From the little I saw he wasn't showing effort and when he did get involved he was just a play killer.

Good riddance.

He's been barely noticeable since he's become a Flyer,

Good Riddance indeed!  :cheers:

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

When you're not using it can you let me use your crystal ball I got some lottery numbers I need to find out.

DM me I'll send you my address...

I told you my man, I don't have a crystal ball.  I just assume the smart move is the opposite of what the Flyers do.  Funny that approach seems to work pretty often.

12 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

I told you my man, I don't have a crystal ball.  I just assume the smart move is the opposite of what the Flyers do.  Funny that approach seems to work pretty often.

Amazing how you know it won't even work already, though you don't know who they'd be getting and/or what they would be giving up to get whatever they get. 

There are so many different ways to skin a cat. Just let them do their job going to be plenty of time to tell you how wrong they are.

Hope you don't get on a plane walking down the aisle to find your seat and while doing so tell all the passengers this thing is going to crash. lol

That would be a trip.

I met some negative folks in my life bro but you take the cake. Are you one of them dooms day planners posting from your bunker you build in your back yard?? :hehe:

Any ways i am pulling for them figure it out because the alternative is bleak. But hey you do you.

• Like 1

Briere should listen to any reasonable offer.  I like TK  But he might be where Wayne Simmonds was a decade ago, and we all bemoaned the fact Wayne wasn't traded for more assets after his 30 goal season. Carter--said in my other thread, he may have peaked or experienced shell shock.  My fear is what we may have to do rid ourselves of Hayes.  TDA has one year left.  Big difference.  But the Hayes gig reminds me of Vinny....it took ages to dump him.  I also don't want to see us sacrificing high draft picks to engage in subtraction.  

• Good Post 3

24 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I also don't want to see us sacrificing high draft picks to engage in subtraction.  

I'm not opposed to it but i'm not moving anything between a 1st - 3rd round pick but a 4th - 7th sure i would listen and might be incline to do such but if you want to rebuild quickly you need the 1st 2nd and 3rds.

Otherwise keep drafting BPA and go from there we have about 2-5 years before they are ready i think.

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Hope you don't get on a plane walking down the aisle to find your seat and while doing so tell all the passengers this thing is going to crash. lol

If the airline keeps crashing planes left and right, you going to get on the next one?

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Any ways i am pulling for them figure it out because the alternative is bleak. But hey you do you.

I guess you probably would.

I am on board with moving anyone on the roster not named Hart. He is still only 24 and hasn’t hit his goalie prime yet. He’s also played fairly well considering the garbage in front of him since he’s been here. 

It also took this franchise almost 40 years and I lost track of how many goalies before they finally found Hart. I am not young enough to watch the Flyers go through that process again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

1 hour ago, SCFlyguy said:

I guess you probably would.

@SCFlyguy

So, you're not pulling for them (Flyers), to right the ship :thinking:?

15 minutes ago, CoachX said:

@SCFlyguy

So, you're not pulling for them (Flyers), to right the ship :thinking:?

You know i am i'm to stupid to give up.

I may say it but it is just words. 

I just don't have to watch the suckage.

I want to enjoy watching it again.

I ain't going to lie i have missed it.

Especially when i was at work and had time to sit and watch while getting paid bro it was heaven.

But now i spend my time at work watching anything on youtube lol.

In 4 days at work working 7 pm to 7 am i got video message that i had reached the end of the internet.

So i would especially love to get back to getting paid to watch them and enjoy it.

I've been straight days for the last 3 years but i love the weekend at work

None of my bosses are there so i could still watch Saturday and Sunday.

Any ways he is basically saying the Flyers ain't ever going to do anything right so why even get out of bed...

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Any ways he is basically saying the Flyers ain't ever going to do anything right so why even get out of bed...

My question was to SC. I completely got where you are coming from. But thanks for the answer

Of course I'm pulling for them to turn around.  Lol.

But sorry if I don't look at every move as a 50-50 proposition, we just have to wait and see, as if the last 20 years haven't happened.

Are the senior advisors gone?  Did they get rid of all the scouts?  Hell, I want the beer vendors gone.

I'm not saying they have to win a Cup to win me over, but they have to at least make smart moves.  I can't think of a smart move they've made in 4 years.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

18 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Of course I'm pulling for them to turn around.  Lol.

But sorry if I don't look at every move as a 50-50 proposition, we just have to wait and see, as if the last 20 years haven't happened.

Are the senior advisors gone?  Did they get rid of all the scouts?  Hell, I want the beer vendors gone.

I'm not saying they have to win a Cup to win me over, but they have to at least make smart moves.  I can't think of a smart move they've made in 4 years.

Excellent response. I agree on all points :smileyandcomputer:

On 4/14/2023 at 8:33 PM, Cheesesteak said:

He's been barely noticeable since he's become a Flyer,

Good Riddance indeed!  :cheers:

What do you mean "since he's become a Flyer"

He's made a nice career out of doing exactly what he's done as a Flyer. Makes one or two nice plays a game and takes the rest of it completely off.

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Giroux for Tippett

I won't knock it it too much, but if Fletcher wasn't in "going for it" mode that deal could have been a lot better...like having the 1st rounder be for this draft. 

But in the world of Chuck, that's probably his greatest move....cause it didn't completely blow up in his face like everything else.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Giroux for Tippett

Trading your veterans for prospects/picks before they hit UFA is not a smart move.  That's basic competence.  Congratulations, Flyers you didn't eat paste that one time.

A smart move would have been trading Giroux at the deadline in 2021 or even earlier as a way to jump start a rebuild.

Edited by SCFlyguy