Official: Hayes traded to Blues for 2024 6th RD

jammer2

Addition by subtraction.  Hayes is a decent 3C who was being paid like a 1/2C.  If he wasnt good in the lockerroom for work ethic or attitude or whatever then yeah, he's got to go

1 hour ago, hmc687 said:

Addition by subtraction.  Hayes is a decent 3C who was being paid like a 1/2C.  If he wasnt good in the lockerroom for work ethic or attitude or whatever then yeah, he's got to go

And go he did. 👋 Buh-bye

Dude is a turd!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Bolduc is an excellent center prospect. To block him at 3C to accommodate Hayes is truly laughable!

I know some of us were dreaming of getting him in the return for the Hayes/Sanheim trade that never transpired.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

Oh you and I both know you will be laughing and loving it when he craps out in St. Louis. 

(same way Sabres fans laugh about Risto in Philly)

The Sabres fan on this board actually thinks Ristolainen is good.

• Good Post 1

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

The Sabres fan on this board actually thinks Ristolainen is good.

There is a zero% chance the player will be able to do anything to change anyone's mind about his value either.

He was not the 3rd worst in the league at defense last year. That guy was a couple of stalls down from him in the locker room.

Like Sanheim I think with some stability with his coaching staff Risto can improve. It happened last season, it may turn out he becomes a great bottom pairing player and a middling middle 4 player. He is currently paid like a middle 4 player- I don't think that value is out of reach. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

There is a zero% chance the player will be able to do anything to change anyone's mind about his value either.

He was not the 3rd worst in the league at defense last year. That guy was a couple of stalls down from him in the locker room.

Like Sanheim I think with some stability with his coaching staff Risto can improve. It happened last season, it may turn out he becomes a great bottom pairing player and a middling middle 4 player. He is currently paid like a middle 4 player- I don't think that value is out of reach. 

Ristolainens problem is he's dumb as a post. He's actually got everything else you'd want in a defenceman, he just has no clue what he's doing. I guess if they can keep it simple for him they can hide the fact.

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 1

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Well when we all agree his "value" isn't:

Gotstobethere

Haag

1st

2 2nd

7th

And that we're basically hoping that they can get some semblance of good play from a guy who's signed at $5+M for four more years.

I think we're pretty much on the same page about his "value".

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

This is pretty much what he can be so I agree, just keep him as an overpaid bottom end guy.

3 hours ago, radoran said:

Well when we all agree his "value" isn't:

Gotstobethere

Haag

1st

2 2nd

7th

I keep forgetting about the webster's dictionary definition of fool's ransom used to acquire him. When I do, I feel sad. 

He will never be worth all that.

But! he may wind up not being the worst contract in the NHL which is my hope for the player.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

When I do, I feel sad.

I used to have to go through years of transactions to show how they turned Prospal and the pick that became Briere into Adam Burt.

This is so succinct it's amazing.

23 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

he may wind up not being the worst contract in the NHL which is my hope for the player.

image.gif

11 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Ristolainens problem is he's dumb as a post. He's actually got everything else you'd want in a defenceman, he just has no clue what he's doing. I guess if they can keep it simple for him they can hide the fact.

Screenshot_2023-07-25-21-56-55-60_e77554d91b9a381ef41353f4e1f35680.jpg

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1