DeAngelo Unconditionally released and bought out

3 hours ago, jammer2 said:

We REALLY got shafted with that BS ruling! Was not violating the spirit of the rule!! 

REALLY bad look for the Canes

I'm wondering how much of this was players going to management and saying "um, about that trade you're working on..."?

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, radoran said:

I'm wondering how much of this was players going to management and saying "um, about that trade you're working on..."?

Danny? Tom Waddell here...about that trade....

Getting some push back from the owner. We gonna need more assets. Owner calls it an asshole tax....

Click.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

This trade looks like a good move by Fletcher

Yeah we'll know more when we get to see York and Brink in action for the Flyers.

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

So when people say how Fletcher is good at drafting, I really don't see it.

We'll know soon looking back we all thought the Flyers blueline was set. But now only Sanheim is left and most of wish he would have been traded too.

1st York, Brink and Attard.

2nd Foerster, Andrea, and Desnoyers

3rd Tuamaalo, Kolosov and Samson

4th Gauthier, Kaplan, Bump, Mcdonald and Gendron

Not too shabby...we'll double back in 3 years to see where they landed...or ended up.

Are these the next Konecny or the next Taylor Leier never know at this point.

1 hour ago, jammer2 said:

Danny?  Chuckie ol' boy ....Tom Waddell here...about that trade....

Getting some push back from the owner. We gonna need more assets. Owner calls it an asshole tax....

Fletch:   Sure Tom ....what else do you  (as he begins to rattle off what else he is willing to give up) need?

Tom:  I sure could use 2 or 3 more Draft Picks ....

Fletch:  Sure thing ....we can have this completed within the hour ......   Nice doing business with you Tom ...
Tom: (snickering and laughing under his breath as he hangs up the phone) .....  I just fleeced that clown again! LOL

Note the difference ........

Edited by pilldoc
  • Haha 2

I doubt Rizzo signs with the Canes. Would be nice to see Danny be a tad vindictive and snag him as a UFA should he come available. Flyers can use Center prospects anyways, so works a few ways. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yes he shouldn't he is lucky he wasn't drawn and quartered...no really worse GM in the history of any team i have ever followed in any sport - bar none. 

Sabres fans would argue for Tim Murray. He does provide a lesson in why not to tank and how to botch a rebuild. Milbury as mentioned was pretty bad too. There's probably more, but Fletcher's without a doubt in the top 5 worst. 

Glad this is over, even if the Canes did f us. Hate the Canes. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

1st York, Brink and Attard.

2nd Foerster, Andrea, and Desnoyers

3rd Tuamaalo, Kolosov and Samson

4th Gauthier, Kaplan, Bump, Mcdonald and Gendron

Not too shabby...we'll double back in 3 years to see where they landed...or ended up.

Are these the next Konecny or the next Taylor Leier never know at this point.

Well Boldy on his own has about 250% more points than all these guys combined right now, so it hasn't started out looking so good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Well Boldy on his own has about 250% more points than all these guys combined right now, so it hasn't started out looking so good.

Sure there are many players missed by many teams but as of now we can't even evaluate his draft picks, Hextall and Holmgren missed them too.

23 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

drawn and quartered

If not that, then maybe tarred and feathered. I'd like to see that. Anyway, Fletcher made Hextall look like the second coming of Lou Lamoriello.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sure there are many players missed by many teams but as of now we can't even evaluate his draft picks, Hextall and Holmgren missed them too.

I agree, ad already mentioned that.

But it does look like he took a defenceman when there was a great forward right there.....and then skipped what looks like a great defenceman, and took  a forward. Though Gauthier looks like a good one. And also a very high, almost in no-brainer territory, pick. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

I agree, ad already mentioned that.

But it does look like he took a defenceman when there was a great forward right there.....and then skipped what looks like a great defenceman, and took  a forward. Though Gauthier looks like a good one. And also a very high, almost in no-brainer territory, pick. 

I'm burying all this stuff...exhausted to know end talking all this after living it the past 5 years...just done with it.

I'm looking forward not looking back any more i'm done...DGAF about it any longer.

I want to give the new leadership group a chance to turn this around. But don't let me stop others enjoy.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'm burying all this stuff...exhausted to know end talking all this after living it the past 5 years...just done with it.

I'm looking forward not looking back any more i'm done...DGAF about it any longer.

I want to give the new leadership group a chance to turn this around. But don't let me stop others enjoy.

:PostAward4::PostAward4::PostAward4:

This, 10x over. We can dissect the failings over and again but it's get you nowhere. Like @OccamsRazor I'm ready to move past it. The only thing I'm interested in having to do with last year, and beyond, is when the remaining dead weight can be jettisoned.  lots of NEW, and exciting, things are happening with the Flyers.  Theres plenty of things to focus on

• Like 3