DeAngelo Unconditionally released and bought out

Senior Advisor Paul Holmgren
Senior Advisor Bob Clarke
Senior Advisor Bill Barber

I cut and pasted this, from the Flyers website. LOL. They're still here, and as long as they are still here in ANY capacity, I will remain pessimistic that ANY of the old guard ways are really going to change. Yes, they're are some subtleties..Michkov was drafted at #7..for example but I need to see a lot more. I want to believe that Holmgren, Clarke and even Barber are not somehow puppeteering Keith Jones. or anyone else. That, or attempting some sort of a coup. I'm cynical enough to believe that those three can still manipulate things, being that they can say in the top 5 of greatest Flyers ever..etc. Maybe I'm not pessimistic, but I'm just flat out cynical. I need to see more positive changes in this organization, that the old guard, old way..is dead.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Who??

JVR.  James Van Riemsdyk.  ya know, underachiever Flyers got stuck with after Chicago somehow stole our chance at Kane.  Then after being traded away they actually brought him back 😳

for 5 years 😲

at 7 mil a season  🤬

what did he ever do except being pretty good at scoring from the blue paint area having pucks bounce off of him or occasionally have one go off his stick?

We'll miss him 🙄

Edited by Cheesesteak
phat phinger episode

6 hours ago, FD19372 said:

ANY of the old guard ways are really going to change.

Then we'll let you sleep.

Sounds like you're missing it.

Snooze away.

It's changing as we speak...sssshhhhhh.

Back to sleep...

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Then we'll let you sleep.

Sounds like you're missing it.

Snooze away.

It's changing as we speak...sssshhhhhh.

Back to sleep...

Kool-Aid Man - RBY by DarkySG on DeviantArt

I'm not ready to drink any of this ^ ..., yet. Maybe next year, I'll drink some. Enjoy. I respect and appreciate your enthusiasm, though. As long as those three former Flyers have anything to do with organization, I have my doubts about any significant changes. Seeing it, will be believing it. I'm fairly well rested, btw, thanks.

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Cheesesteak said:

JVR.  James Van Riemsdyk.  ya know, underachiever Flyers got stuck with after Chicago somehow stole our chance at Kane.  Then after being traded away they actually brought him back 😳

for 5 years 😲

at 7 mil a season  🤬

what did he ever do except being pretty good at scoring from the blue paint area having pucks bounce off of him or occasionally have one go off his stick?

We'll miss him 🙄

Ya know, I hated bringing him back and I'm glad he's gone and have hated him like you BUT I wouldn't be at all surprised if he scored 20+ goals with Boston this year and then somebody offers him a good contract next year. Wouldn't surprise me a bit. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

Ya know, I hated bringing him back and I'm glad he's gone and have hated him like you BUT I wouldn't be at all surprised if he scored 20+ goals with Boston this year and then somebody offers him a good contract next year. Wouldn't surprise me a bit. 

Who??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, FD19372 said:

Kool-Aid Man - RBY by DarkySG on DeviantArt

I'm not ready to drink any of this ^ ..., yet. Maybe next year, I'll drink some. Enjoy. I respect and appreciate your enthusiasm, though. As long as those three former Flyers have anything to do with organization, I have my doubts about any significant changes. Seeing it, will be believing it. I'm fairly well rested, btw, thanks.

I get this, but I would argue significant change has, and is, already happening. The hiring of Torts, DB, KJ and Sharp, have nothing to do with the bobby-bunch:smallTM:. Neither does the fact that a true rebuild is actually occurring. Hayes? Gone! JVR? Gone! TDA-Hole? BOOTED THE FCK OUT! The drafting of Michov, and I suspect some more moves are coming

None of these things appear consistent with how they have been doing things since....well, forever.  I get the former Flyer connection, and I have always hated that. But watching DB, it does look different 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Who??

Anybody. It's always possible. If he scores 20+ with Boston there will be teams that think it's not the player, it was the team (Philly) and so they will give him a contract. At his age it won't be for super long term but another 1-2 years or so coudl easily happen. 

and more fool them. 

11 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

Anybody. It's always possible. If he scores 20+ with Boston there will be teams that think it's not the player, it was the team (Philly) and so they will give him a contract. At his age it won't be for super long term but another 1-2 years or so coudl easily happen. 

and more fool them. 

Dude is gone. Let him go. I want to forget he ever existed 

11 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

and more fool them. 

Could give two sh its what happens to that due from here...no really. Fug him.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CoachX said:

Dude is gone. Let him go. I want to forget he ever existed 

From a Philly perspective ya, absolutely, I'm right with you. I think you can see by most of my posts I see this as a new era starting and the past is the past. 

I hope JVR craps out and Boston sends him to Providence and he ends his miserable career in the minors. But ultimately I don't care.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

On 7/15/2023 at 2:29 PM, FD19372 said:

I'm cynical enough to believe that those three can still manipulate things, being that they can say in the top 5 of greatest Flyers ever..etc.

They probably still command enough institutional respect that if any of them demanded final say on the direction of the team they’d get some support from the upper echelons at Comcast. I’m sure they’ve all long since ingratiated themselves into the corporate power structure. The thing is … would that even matter now? Given all the new faces in the Flyers’ management I think I hope I pray it’s safe to say the days of Clarke, Holmgren, Barber and Lombardi calling the shots are finally over.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

From a Philly perspective ya, absolutely, I'm right with you. I think you can see by most of my posts I see this as a new era starting and the past is the past. 

I hope JVR craps out and Boston sends him to Providence and he ends his miserable career in the minors. But ultimately I don't care.

I hope this guy I don't know, but I know I don't like, fails and is humiliated--wtf?

But really I don't care, still his failing and being humiliated would be nice.

Why put this energy into the world?

Imma go hug a tree and share some quinoa with my spotted owl and whale buddies now.

kum-bye-ah.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

Sure, but you actually do give one sh it or else you wouldn't have bothered to post that :)

Had to let you folks know. Otherwise. Well then no one but me knows.

So now you know WGAF? Not i.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

They probably still command enough institutional respect that if any of them demanded final say on the direction of the team they’d get some support from the upper echelons at Comcast. I’m sure they’ve all long since ingratiated themselves into the corporate power structure. The thing is … would that even matter now? Given all the new faces in the Flyers’ management I think I hope I pray it’s safe to say the days of Clarke, Holmgren, Barber and Lombardi calling the shots are finally over.

Maybe "some", but I don't think it would be much. To your point, I doubt it matters now. Considering how long the rebuild was ignored, and we all suspected it was because of those idiots, and now its here, tells me that they have been put out to pasture. I don't think they all of a sudden woke up, took a double shot of Ensure, removed their heads from their asses and decided to let DB run with it. It doesnt make much sense to me, after deciding to rebuild, that Homer could stagger into the head office and convince them there is some overvalued UFA they have to have in order to get them over the hump. Its counterproductive

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I hope this guy I don't know, but I know I don't like, fails and is humiliated--wtf?

But really I don't care, still his failing and being humiliated would be nice.

Why put this energy into the world?

Imma go hug a tree and share some quinoa with my spotted owl and whale buddies now.

kum-bye-ah.

Hey, I'm not putting the energy into the world, he did that with his horrible lack of effort with the Flyers. The feelings towards him have been "out in the world" for a few years now. This is just documentation of the fact. 

I personally feel absolutely nothing here. 

Careful hugging that tree, you might breath in one of those new funguses. :)

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, CoachX said:

Maybe "some", but I don't think it would be much. To your point, I doubt it matters now. Considering how long the rebuild was ignored, and we all suspected it was because of those idiots, and now its here, tells me that they have been put out to pasture. I don't think they all of a sudden woke up, took a double shot of Ensure, removed their heads from their asses and decided to let DB run with it. It doesnt make much sense to me, after deciding to rebuild, that Homer could stagger into the head office and convince them there is some overvalued UFA they have to have in order to get them over the hump. Its counterproductive

Double shot of ensure had me cracking up!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1