2023-24 HF.net Sweet 16 FHL Pre-Season Dsicussion

pilldoc

To All,

This is to let everyone know that the Sweet 16 FHL has bee renewed fro the 2023-24 Season.

Everyone who participated last years is automatically renewed for this coming year.  You do not have to do nothing.

Please let me know ASAP if you DO NOT plan on participating this year.

I will be starting new thread shortly.

Thanks

Edited by pilldoc

• pilldoc changed the title to 2023-24 HF.net Sweet 16 FHL Pre-Season Dsicussion
  • 2 weeks later...

@yave1964@ruxpin@J0e Th0rnton@TropicalFruitGirl26@hf101@Hale@Mad Dog@Ladyneat@bbgarnett@Jagged Ice@molonosoff@pilldoc@Math@Brewin Flames

Would like to officially announce @Brewin Flames as our 16th GM with FD deciding not to return this year.   Welcome to the nut house!

I will be listing the draft order shortly.

Tentatively the Draft is Saturday, Sept. 30th at 7:00 PM EST.  This is NOT set in stone.  Just had to get something on the books.  Please let me know if this date works for the majority of folks.  If not I have to wait until Rad sets the date for the NAHANA Draft.

Thanks,

~doc

50 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

@yave1964@ruxpin@J0e Th0rnton@TropicalFruitGirl26@hf101@Hale@Mad Dog@Ladyneat@bbgarnett@Jagged Ice@molonosoff@pilldoc@Math@Brewin Flames

Would like to officially announce @Brewin Flames as our 16th GM with FD deciding not to return this year.   Welcome to the nut house!

I will be listing the draft order shortly.

Tentatively the Draft is Saturday, Sept. 30th at 7:00 PM EST.  This is NOT set in stone.  Just had to get something on the books.  Please let me know if this date works for the majority of folks.  If not I have to wait until Rad sets the date for the NAHANA Draft.

Thanks,

~doc

Thanks Doc.  As I mentioned earlier, Saturdays generally would not be my first choice, but I do understand that the draft day will be influenced by NAHANA draft date as well as the desire of the majority.  So no need to adjust the schedule based purely on my preference.  If I have to, I will autodraft...  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a recap from last years Final Standings ....

Congrats to @yave1964 for once again taking home the GOLD

@J0e Th0rnton takes home the Silver

@bbgarnett takes home the Bronze

image.png.9a86348e9e814a43253c25d48aafa685.png

Moving forward for this year's draft I am trying to keep it very similar to the NHL Draft using a Weighted Ball Lottery.  Also as we discussed the draft order would be inverse of final standings up to 8th place.   To prevent teams from tanking the the draft would then start at #9 finish overall with a weight ball system.  Still giving those non-playoff GM's a shot at  the #1 overall pick.

From NHL Tankathon I used the following odds of drawing the draft order ....

image.png.0b1291d8bc8ebdeb19b048fef2016849.png using final standings and calculated out how many balls for each draft position which gave the following:   image.png.4a50d07fa02a02e3f725b353059012fb.png

Draft Guidelines: (Starting 2023-24)

Starting for the 23-24 season, we will be implementing a STRAIGHT DRAFT.
Teams who make the playoffs will pick 9-16 with the winner of the league championship picking 16.
Runner up, 15, 3rd place 14th, and so on.

Teams who missed the playoffs will pick 1-8 with this twist to maintain competitive integrity:
Teams will be PLAYING for the first overall pick by winning their consolation bracket.

The overall winner of the consolation bracket gets the first overall, runner up 2nd overall, 3rd place 3rd overall, etc.
This should keep GM's competitive and interested giving non playoff teams a goal for the next coming season.

Should a GM bow out, and to keep things fair for GM's who played, will return, and put in their time maintaining their team, all GM's move up a spot in the draft to fill in for the GM who leaves.
Any new GM's entering the league fresh will pick at the bottom of any given round.

I.E., 4th place GM decides to leave, so everyone from 5th on down is slotted up one spot and the new incoming GM picks 16th.
If two GM's decide not to return, then everyone moves up two spots in the draft, new GM's pick 15th and 16th, etc.

Again, STRAIGHT DRAFT, so that gives more weight to the top picks, which in turn give more incentive for non playoff teams to play hard and grab that first overall pick, as they will be picking first for every round after that as well.

Draft Order for 2023-24 Season

Note: Since FD has declined to participate this coming year Brewin Flames will pick #16 in each round.  (per our guidelines from last year)

image.png.e2e0601732f282abc6bc2dc304bd11a6.png

This will be updated in Yahoo Shortly.

• 3 weeks later...

To All,

I finally got around to updating the Draft Date for Sweet 16 League. I was hoping to work around the NAHANA Draft for the majority of us who also participate in that league.  Since that League has a potential Draft Date of Thurs. Oct. 5th which has not been totally finalized I went ahead an made a decision for the Sweet 16 Draft.

It is next Monday, Oct. 2nd at 7 PM EST.  I have a request to move it to 8:00 PM EST.  Are there any objections?  Please respond as soon as you get a chance. We need to finalize this sooner than later.

thanks

~Doc

• Thanks 1

I'm ok with whichever. 
Moving it to 8pm EST would help in the sense that the craziness in our house should have died down by then, but I can make 7pm EST work too.

I will just have to be "mean mommy" while the draft is going on and people will need to leave me alone! 😄

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I will just have to be "mean mommy" while the draft is going on and people will need to leave me alone! 😄

I have 2 teenagers who are full of busy ....Oldest is in Civil Air Patrol until 9 pm on Mondays and daughter has ballet until 8:30.   I'm good either way also as I will have the house to myself! :) 

It's not likely,, but possible, that I can make 8:00 work. The whole week is terrible for me so I'll just have to autodraft.

It's going to be the same every year, the first week of October, so I need to reconsider fantasy hockey for next year.

OK ....folks.  I will try to accommodate as many folks as possible.

The final draft time will be on Monday, Oct. 2nd @ 8:00 pm EST = 5:00 pm PST.

(Please note YAHOO is in Pacific Standard Time (PST) therefore the time will say 5:00 pm PST on the League website)

I will update on the official League Site.

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 9/25/2023 at 4:01 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I'm ok with whichever. 
Moving it to 8pm EST would help in the sense that the craziness in our house should have died down by then, but I can make 7pm EST work too.

I could've written the same exact message 😄

The dust is settling, hope it's the same in your household.

3 minutes ago, Math said:

I could've written the same exact message 😄

The dust is settling, hope it's the same in your household.

I am making the dust settle.
Everyone is eating their suppers, I ate early, dogs have been run out, trash is ready to go for pickup tomorrow (hubby takes care of the bulk of it in the evening), and everyone is ready to let mommy draft her championship team....or else... :shifty: