Flyers 2023-24 Trade deadline moves/predictions

Unfortunately the teams offering reported first and/or second round picks are the top 5 or 6 teams this year, meaning that the picks they are offering are at slotted at  number 26 to 32. How many players selected with  picks taken this late in the first round turn into stars, or even top six forwards or top four defensemen?

1 minute ago, Lunatic said:

Unfortunately the teams offering reported first and/or second round picks are the top 5 or 6 teams this year,

Do you change the ask for a top prospect and a 2nd or 3rd then?

I think that's how I would direct offers from those top tier teams that need an elite penalty killer.

I would like to see the boys sell high on some of these guys for a change. 

I have enjoyed this thread, seeing everyone's thoughts about what they'd like to see the Flyers do. 

It's been pretty fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Definitely. And no "reclamation" projects please - legit prospects only, young guys who can skate.

But what if the reclamation project is a guy like Spencer Knight, who Florida seems to be souring on and is considering moving him .....

3 hours ago, radoran said:

Again, I'm fine with moving him for value, but you do need someone who can be the leader for guys coming up.

Otherwise you risk winding up like Buffalo flailing about trying to find that.

But as two guys to be the bridge to a "new era" you can do much worse than Couturier and Konecny.

I agree if you were to get stuck with a guy TK is everything you want in a player leader for the kids i can live with it - but hopefully around what Coots is making and only on a 5 to 6 year deal tops.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lunatic said:

Unfortunately the teams offering reported first and/or second round picks are the top 5 or 6 teams this year, meaning that the picks they are offering are at slotted at  number 26 to 32.

Well then you can use those 4 picks to help ease the pain once you give up the required assets for offer sheeting Elias Pettersson this offseason....

:D

27 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

But what if the reclamation project is a guy like Spencer Knight, who Florida seems to be souring on and is considering moving him .....

Maybe the Flyers bring Stollie back home next season to backup Ersson in net on a cheap one year deal he is from Jersey maybe he jumps on that.

As of now if they want to make a serious playoff push like it is obvious they are going for Ersson is going to need some help.

Because if one thing i have concerned with is wearing out Ersson down the stretch like they did in playoffs last year with Ersson he was spent in the series vs the team who eventually won the Calder last year IIRC.

They need depth in goal now...

:smileyandcomputer:

Edited by OccamsRazor

I heard on PHLY there are a number of free-agent POW goalies hitting the UFA market this year. 

That's where I'd try to find a backup, I sure as hell wouldn't spend any sort of asset to get a guy now. 

I like Ersson, he's got that dawg in him, he's not a flake. I love how competitive he is.

I think he's the #1, finding a dude like David Riitch or Ilya Samsonov for 15 starts a year until an in-house option becomes viable is the way I'd go. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I heard on PHLY there are a number of free-agent POW goalies hitting the UFA market this year. 

That's where I'd try to find a backup, I sure as hell wouldn't spend any sort of asset to get a guy now. 

I like Ersson, he's got that dawg in him, he's not a flake. I love how competitive he is.

I think he's the #1, finding a dude like David Riitch or Ilya Samsonov for 15 starts a year until an in-house option becomes viable is the way I'd go. 

Exactly what I said before this post try and even bring Stollie back he is a UFA and from Jersey maybe him on a one year deal.

He is just one of many options that will be there.

But if I am GM I'm waiving Peterson and calling up Felix to backup Ersson he can't be worse plus even if they don't see Sandström as a backup in the future in the NHL you can atleast throw the home grown talent a bone for the rest of the year than putting Cal out there who is God awful.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

Wow they really are. Best decision they have made in awhile not saying Felix is going to save the world but goddamn give your guy you drafted a damn chance before writing him off than someone other bum.

To no surprise, Felix Sandstrom will be recalled from LV.

Edited by OccamsRazor

They gotta find a way to get out of that Atkinson contract. As much as the Flyers are stuck with the Couturier contact, that Atkinson deal is a boat anchor. 

On the brighter side of things, I've read that things are picking up with Dallas and while Dallas doesn't want to give up a 1st and a 2nd for Seeler and Walker, there was word that a first and some prospects (Bourque and Kyrou were named) is starting to gain some traction. 

1 minute ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

They gotta find a way to get out of that Atkinson contract. As much as the Flyers are stuck with the Couturier contact, that Atkinson deal is a boat anchor. 

On the brighter side of things, I've read that things are picking up with Dallas and while Dallas doesn't want to give up a 1st and a 2nd for Seeler and Walker, there was word that a first and some prospects (Bourque and Kyrou were named) is starting to gain some traction. 

I want Stankoven!!!!!

Make it happen!!!

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

As much as the Flyers are stuck with the Couturier contact, that Atkinson deal is a boat anchor. 

If they see a need for the space they can buy it out with little issue as he'll be entering the last year.

Couturier has SIX more years!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow they really are. Best decision they have made in awhile not saying Felix is going to save the world but goddamn give your guy you drafted a damn chance before writing him off than someone other bum.

To no surprise, Felix Sandstrom will be recalled from LV.

I said the other day, after watching Pissburg embarrass us AGAIN, that CP was a hole in the line up. Great move for the Flyers putting him on waivers. That guy sucks so bad I'd rather they play with another skater and an open net

• Good Post 1

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

I said the other day, after watching Pissburg embarrass us AGAIN, that CP was a hole in the line up. Great move for the Flyers putting him on waivers. That guy sucks so bad I'd rather they play with another skater and an open net

In fairness to Peterson, we knew he sucked before he ever played a game for the Flyers. 😉

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

In fairness to Peterson, we knew he sucked before he ever played a game for the Flyers. 😉

thats the true definition of a backhanded compliment. "hey dude,no worries, we knew you sucked. It's all good" :63:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

oh, since we are being all fair and schidt, I want to just say that Scott Laughton has really been stepping up the last couple of games. Its good to see. I still hate him and hope he gets traded, but I want to acknowledge his effort

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, radoran said:

If they see a need for the space they can buy it out with little issue as he'll be entering the last year.

Couturier has SIX more years!

I still think Couturier can bounce back. His smarts alone are enough to carry him. And honestly, I expected a rough year after missing nearly two full years. Quite frankly, I'm surprised he's played as well as he has and that maybe, just maybe, the head coach shouldn't have ridden Couturier as hard as he had. That's one of my gripes about Tortorella. He just doesn't know when to let up. There was no reason to ride Couturier so hard. I think Couturier has a big bounce back year next year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I still think Couturier can bounce back. His smarts alone are enough to carry him. And honestly, I expected a rough year after missing nearly two full years. Quite frankly, I'm surprised he's played as well as he has and that maybe, just maybe, the head coach shouldn't have ridden Couturier as hard as he had. That's one of my gripes about Tortorella. He just doesn't know when to let up. There was no reason to ride Couturier so hard. I think Couturier has a big bounce back year next year.

If we had a legit first line center we could lighten up Coots playing time and preserve his career by putting him on the third line,reduce his PK time too.Since we don’t , he will be overused, and totally shot in two years, especially if we make the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

If we had a legit first line center we could lighten up Coots playing time and preserve his career by putting him on the third line,reduce his PK time too.Since we don’t , he will be overused, and totally shot in two years, especially if we make the playoffs.

That's why Tortorella should have used Frost there, regardless. This was nothing more than win at all costs.

So it is crazy how hard this group has responded and worked to get to where they are.

GHdBaEhWwAA2aKx.jpg.64fccb5cf726533ae113216cc4a67efd.jpg

I know this term gets used a lot but to me it for real feels like they are sitting back playing with house money.

But i hope they see pushing Brink and Lycksell more youth can push them maybe further along down the road more than they thought it would so why not roll the dice and flip Walker/Seeler and see if they can fill the gaps from the AHL.

Fug it its a rebuild and get this ball rolling with a trade...

• Like 2