Game 76: New York Islanders at Philadelphia Flyers; 4/1/24 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Way to go Frost made up for that bonehead play earlier. Hanging in the paint found the puck slam it home. Great work.

and Frost is the goat anyway...UNREAL.

Edited by GratefulFlyers

Frost with a horrible play in OT fumbles the puck then stares at Palmieri never once looks around to pick up Nelson the goal scorer... too easy for the Isles.

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Like 1

What were we....0 for 3 on the PP? We lose Coots. They tried. But this squad is really challenged offensively. We open the scoring and fell behind 2-1 in short order. I'm amazed they got a point. Fedorov must be thankful to finally get into the Show. 

7 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Wow!  Torts ripped the team in his post game presser!  I love the fact that he doesn’t hold back…tells it like it is.

LOL he called them "soft" in the 2nd and it was "an embarrassment for the Flyers uniform." Fedotov was "the only goddamn guy who played."

Guys won't like hearing the truth... but they have to play better it was an embarrassment, the 2nd and the OT too.

How the hell they can be so flat at home with a brand new goalie standing on his head his first NHL game... they might as well just spit in the guy's face.

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Samifan said:

Horrible period to the flyers. Totally dominated by the Islanders. Flyers leaving the Big Fella out to dry. 

I think the clock has struck midnight for Cinderella 

So Tortorella has turned them from a team that sucks and then wins a bunch of games once they're out of it to a team that wins a bunch of games and then sucks once they're in it. 

Either way, we stay mediocre and get a crap draft pick. 

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Uggh... 1

Tortorella's comments post-game  - sounds to me like he's right on the money... harsh but the truth hurts...this is what a coach sounds like when his team sleepwalks through an entire period of hockey...then has no intent, no direction or intensity in OT...just fumbling around waiting out the clock...WTF was that? Embarrassing is right...

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Good Post 1

Yeah, this presser was painful. 

The game made me think about the bubble in 19-20. We barely made it through Montreal. Then we lost to the Isles. And some of the same cast is around. Nelson, Barzal. These aren't superstars. But they out hustle us and keep us bottled up. Yep.

The overtime made no sense. Frost's error was only part of it. WTF was the plan? Skate in circles? 

I didn't sleep well, in part because of this game. I felt ashamed, almost betrayed. I think there were boos afterwards, right? Deserved.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

The overtime made no sense. Frost's error was only part of it. WTF was the plan? Skate in circles? 

Yes it was obvious they weren't even trying to attack and score. They skated like they didn't even know why they were out there.

"if you don't have enough balls to play in these types of games rest doesn't do us any good..."

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Howie58 said:

The only bright spots are the Dude and Sanheim's goal. We open scoring and it's downhill from there.

Sanheims goal looked like the highlights from his junior career, where he was an offensive force. I think next year he really steps up to another level. He always had the talent but it took him a little long to develop it. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

The NHL should 86 that stupid OT format. Corny skating around behind the red line... I hate it when other teams do it to the Flyers I hate it seeing the Flyers do it tonight.

I hate it, it’s nothing but a gimmick 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Embarrassing is right...

The bottom pair is not working should reinsert Ginning and Attard - sit Zamula and Johnson too.

No more Cam and Nic D either this is hockey everyone needs to be rowing.

Brink and Lycksell are better hockey players and make the team better not Cam/Nic.

It doesn't help any that the Wings won too. This team looks cooked.

:BrownBag:

Edited by OccamsRazor

maybe they should do a power play thing in OT....each team gets a power play in OT..if the first team scores, the other team has a chance to tie it on their PP..if they don't, they lose, and if they do, they do it again until someone fails to score...

Edited by flyerdog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

I think next year he really steps up to another level.

If not next year then the next year and then if not that year then the following year...

...so tired of this clown and never ever being the consistent stud they need him to be on the back end...he always just has moments and that is all there ever is with that dude...i would love it if they still moved the guy he is the Jake Voracek of the blueline.

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

is the Jake Voracek of the blueline.

Comparing someone to Voracek is probably the worst indictment you can give a hockey player :NinjaLookLeftRight1: 😂

• Haha 2
  • Good Post 1

Just now, Samifan said:

Comparing someone to Voracek is probably the worst indictment you can give a hockey player :NinjaLookLeftRight1: 😂

Sanheim is that goddamn annoying to me. We know he has the skill he just never ever seizes the damn day ever...it is why i wanted him shipped out in that Hayes deal.

Flyers can't even get any help from their college prospects because by the time the Frozen Four is over so will the regular season.

So only if they make the playoffs can they maybe get Rizzo to help with lack of center depth.

18 minutes ago, flyerdog said:

maybe they should do a power play thing in OT....each team gets a power play in OT..if the first team scores, the other team has a chance to tie it on their PP..if they don't, they lose, and if they do, they do it again until someone fails to score...

Dear Flyerdog:

My understanding was that with the NHLPA's permission, they would try to dump the shootout, which seems to bother folks more than the OT.  They would do that by lengthening the OT to ten minutes.  When they've tried that in the minors, it gets rid of most SOs.  I agree with this author's take.

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-should-eliminate-shootout-extend-overtime/

I also agree that giving three points for a regulation win and two for the OT or SO would provide some interesting incentives for close games in the third period.  

I couldn't find the stats, but I think that lengthening the OT ends something like 80 percent of the games.  

I could live with a tie.  Sometimes life results in stalemate. 

• Like 4

Can't help but think they miss the playoffs now they are losing the tie break and that is point percentage....they are 18th right now.

https://www.nhl.com/stats/teams?reportType=season&seasonFrom=20232024&seasonTo=20232024&gameType=2&sort=pointPct&page=0&pageSize=50

https://www.nhl.com/info/standings-info/tie-breaking-procedure#:~:text=When more than two Clubs,be used to determine standing.

They are pretty much done since they can't score and the PP is dead.

I've been on here saying I think Joel Farabee is a guy worth keeping...then I look at his stats and I think differently.

Where has this guy gone?

He has been a non-factor for most of this season.

Last night would have been a night for him to announce he's a guy that can be counted on when it gets tough.

Instead, he was invisible. 

He's not really around the play or almost making something happen-he's been- like 10 minutes of almost treading water a night.

I thought he was going to be a good play-driving winger for many years, he's been mostly meh for the last two, I know he was weak from a neck re-hab last season...but this year? 

MIA.

I know guys are playing hurt, Konceny hasn't been right since blocking that shot @NYR. York and Sanhiem have been playing 30 minutes a night because who else was available? 

It's caught up, the clock looks to be striking mid-night.  

I wish this implosion would have happened in February instead of April. 

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I wish this implosion would have happened in February instead of April. 

It's not an implosion.  This is the kind of team you get when you have nothing but mids.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

If not next year then the next year and then if not that year then the following year...

...so tired of this clown and never ever being the consistent stud they need him to be on the back end...he always just has moments and that is all there ever is with that dude...i would love it if they still moved the guy he is the Jake Voracek of the blueline.

Come on, he hit a career high in goals this year, he’s been our best defenseman. He’s obviously not a true #1 dman  and Torts has  his him playing huge minutes as I’d he is, that’s been a big problem with our team for years in miscasting players. If we had a better player group of dman he would be a better player because he’d be on the second pair where he should be.

• Like 2