Game 76: New York Islanders at Philadelphia Flyers; 4/1/24 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

11 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Joel Farabee = JVR 2.0

Nah he isn't nowhere that bad. Sure would we want more from him? Yep for sure.

I want to see some improvement from him when he doesn't have the puck.

I want to see him be better at getting the puck back so yeah at 24 he has room to grow.

But playing on the 3rd line 21 goal and 50 points isn't too shabby.

But he should be a 2nd line LW and no less but with 900 RWs they have so many guys playing on their off wing and he gets pushed down the lineup.

But some of that is on him if he was putting the puck in the net more he would be playing higher in the lineup.

If they are wanting a center to help in the future they are going to have to deal from their strengths and that would be RW to maybe bring some better center talent in.

Someone is going to have to go to do that i'll let yall decide who that is.

16 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Someone is going to have to go to do that i'll let yall decide who that is

you'll let me decide? Kind of a no brainer :ph34r:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CoachX said:

you'll let me decide? Kind of a no brainer :ph34r:

Just pointing out that till they fix their center issues or lack of center depth it feels like it won't matter who you put around them it won't change much.

Frost is their 2nd line center and Laughton and Poehling are 3rd and 4th line centers at best and they lack a stud #1 center.

How they resolve this is beyond me.

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

:joe:

They really 💩 the bed (again), re-signing this guy.

Its beyond me why they chose to do it....in the middle of a rebuild

4 minutes ago, CoachX said:

You can thank Chuck Fletcher who for all we know was instructed by the higher ups the ones who draft to hand him that contract.

Who was already dealing with injuries at the time and was almost 2 years removed from his 33 goal season (2018-19) and even stepped down to 59 points the season before the new contract.

Once again instead of shipping him out the reupped him major phuk up!!!

The gift that keeps on giving. Look at the bright side his deal only has 6 more years left on it!!! :hehe:

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

Joel Farabee = JVR 2.0

Farabee is what you get in the draft after a playoff push. Get ready for more of the same. Middle of the lineup mediocrity. But the playoff push is invaluable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Uggh... 1

49 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

You can thank Chuck Fletcher who for all we know was instructed by the higher ups the ones who draft to hand him that contract.

Who was already dealing with injuries at the time and was almost 2 years removed from his 33 goal season (2018-19) and even stepped down to 59 points the season before the new contract.

Once again instead of shipping him out the reupped him major phuk up!!!

The gift that keeps on giving. Look at the bright side his deal only has 6 more years left on it!!! :hehe:

Yeah, it's disgusting stupidity, on the part of prior failed management. The only ways out of it, that I see..are 1) trading him, or packaging him, for a player of close to equal value, who is probably overpaid (Zegras?) or 2) Briere talking Couturier into retirement.

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

Yeah, it's disgusting stupidity, on the part of prior failed management. The only ways out of it, that I see..are 1) trading him, or packaging him, for a player of close to equal value, who is probably overpaid (Zegras?) or 2) Briere talking Couturier into retirement.

its the Flyer way. He eventually becomes GM, Briere becomes president, Flyers dont win a cup, we all suffer

its a proven formula

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

Joel Farabee = JVR 2.0

I disagree. JVR was and is, a statue on skates. Farabee can be a very good player. He just lacks awareness and effort, at times.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CoachX said:

its the Flyer way. He eventually becomes GM, Briere becomes president, Flyers dont win a cup, we all suffer

its a proven formula

Whatever pushes Holmgren, Clarke and Co. further and further away from having ANYTHING to do with any involvement in the running of the franchise..I am a fan of. They are still, though much less involved, lingering like a sewer system odor, somewhere near the franchise. (Yes, I'm a bit of a cynic.)

27 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Briere talking Couturier into retirement.

No ****** way should Sean do that.

He's owed millions...**** you Flyers. 

Pay that man his money.

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Yet here he is playing so we can maybe make the playoffs.

It's insanity with a player who should be allowed to, as you say, get healthy.

So are you saying we should assume that Drysdale isn’t healthy or “fully” healthy (whatever that means)? Evidently I’m in the minority - your post got a few likes so apparently they all understood what you meant. 

He’ll take a few games to get back up to speed as most guys do when they miss 16 games…what am I missing? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CoachX said:

And yet they are going to do it again with Konecny.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

your post got a few likes so apparently they all understood what you meant. 

There's a history with the franchise of putting "maybe making the playoffs" ahead of a players long term health by rushing them back. 

I don't know if that's the case here, time will tell. It certainly wouldn't shock me if they did, because they do. Hopefully he's 100% healthy. Me personally, I would have sat him til next season. He's too valuable if this team is ever going to be a contender. As you well know, I could care less if they "barely make the playoffs" this season.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

There's a history with the franchise of putting "maybe making the playoffs" ahead of a players long term health by rushing them back. 

I don't know if that's the case here, time will tell. It certainly wouldn't shock me if they did, because they do. Hopefully he's 100% healthy. Me personally, I would have sat him til next season. He's too valuable if this team is ever going to be a contender. As you well know, I could care less if they "barely make the playoffs" this season.

Well anyone who followed the Flyers through the Lindros years has a right to be skeptical and it's not like Lindros is the only one. I get that. So I'm not saying it's out of the question but I really doubt Drysdale was pressured to dress against medical advice just for the PO push.

I'd be willing to bet what fans see as an incompetent medical staff, or when they believe a team "rushed back" a player it's nothing of the kind. It's the result of the gray areas in sports medicine - especially on the rehab side - and that's what's responsible not some conspiracy to "win at all cost." For some injuries there are established protocols but they don't guarantee anything and injured players always want to get back on the ice. But somebody (who exactly?) whispering in Drysdale's ear "we need you back tonight" I don't think so.