Game 80: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers: 4/11/24 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Greetings:

The Rags are favored (-218) with a 65% win probability.  They are 9-0-1 against over the last 10.  

https://www.dimers.com/news/philadelphia-flyers-vs-ny-rangers-prediction-odds-nhl-picks-4112024

Statistically, the only place we are close is in penalty kills: Otherwise, we're world's apart:

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/nyr-vs-phi/2024/04/11/2023021257

This team has given us fits for a long time.  Given the current state of the Flyers, I wonder if the Rags will have two or more players two goals apiece?  A Kreider or Zibanijed hat trick wouldn't surprise me.  

Edited by Howie58

9 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

A Kreider or Zibanijed hat trick wouldn't surprise me.  

A Kreider AND Zibanijad hat trick wouldn’t surprise me…..

There, fixed it for you.😉

• Haha 2

How many years ago was the 9-0 loss to the Rags? Tomorrow may top that. 

Does the 8ft goalie with the lateral movement of a turtle on muscle relaxers get the start or do they ride Ersson until he turns into dust?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Samifan said:

How many years ago was the 9-0 loss to the Rags?

Dude 9-3 to the ****** Habs was 2 days ago.... you think they're keeping within double digits of a good team? 

I seriously though, I have some latitude for Fedotov. He isn't at all what he could be, are his pads even worn in?

Edited by mojo1917

33 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

his pad even worn in?

Was he not allowed to bring his gear from Russia because it didn’t meet NHL requirements or did he flee the country with just the clothes on his back when Briere pulled the G5 up to pick him up in the middle of the night?

I realize Fedotov has been thrown into a difficult situation because of how the Flyers botched losing Hart (especially after hearing they were planning to lose him) but I was expecting more especially after the first 20 minutes of his Flyer career. 

16 minutes ago, Samifan said:

but I was expecting more especially after the first 20 minutes of his Flyer career.

LOL!

Flyers' fans don't mess around you can't cut it in the first 20 minutes Get Lost!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

Was he not allowed to bring his gear from Russia because it didn’t meet NHL requirements or did he flee the country with just the clothes on his back when Briere pulled the G5 up to pick him up in the middle of the night?

I realize Fedotov has been thrown into a difficult situation because of how the Flyers botched losing Hart (especially after hearing they were planning to lose him) but I was expecting more especially after the first 20 minutes of his Flyer career. 

He'll be in net for the first 6 goals against and then Fedotov will take over the firing squad...

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

I also have some heartspace for the team on that Carter Hart situation. 

Those charges took forever to drop. I'm not sure how that could've been project managed not knowing when the hammer was falling. 

I mean, they were carrying 3 goalies for what 2 months? What would have been better to do? They could have traded for a backup? but then, really? 

That situation wasn't nearly as hard on other teams because the players involved were skaters not the franchise goalie.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 2

24 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

That situation wasn't nearly as hard on other teams because the players involved were skaters not the franchise goalie.

100 agree. 

Once the shoe did drop, they probably should have made a move for a veteran to pair with Ersson. Would Raanta getting claimed off waivers late in the year been a more stable option for the stretch run? Would he have been able to post a save percentage over .760? 

Scoring and finishing scoring chances would still have been an issue. 

Edited by Samifan
  • Like 2

With vs without Hart the numbers are pretty staggering… I don’t know if anyone should’ve foreseen this level of suckage. A handful games the Flyers gave some good teams a real battle but the W/L record, Ersson’s game etc. all went South in a hurry after Hart left. 

Tonight at MSG, Ersson starting again… 12-2 sounds about right. Either that or the Rangers rest some guys, the Flyers play halfway decent and lose 5-2 instead. But honestly who the hell knows what to expect!

• Uggh... 1

37 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

With vs without Hart the numbers are pretty staggering… I don’t know if anyone should’ve foreseen this level of suckage. A handful games the Flyers gave some good teams a real battle but the W/L record, Ersson’s game etc. all went South in a hurry after Hart left. 

Tonight at MSG, Ersson starting again… 12-2 sounds about right. Either that or the Rangers rest some guys, the Flyers play halfway decent and lose 5-2 instead. But honestly who the hell knows what to expect!

I think even early in the season there were a lot of the typical "Hart was exceptional" comments. I think he kept us in a lot of relatively low scoring games and kept the "holy ****" reaction among the players lower, knowing that it wasn't likely the first of six. 

Hart played as if maybe he knew this season was his last NHL hockey.  I'm afraid "back of the net" will soon have an entirely different meaning.

35 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I have a feeling this game is going to be worse than Scott Hartnell's haircut. The Flyers are going to lose badly.

I do not think that is possible…….😳

• Haha 2

The ref in this game, Chris Rooney, is a dope. Hathaway didn't dive, so there shouldn't have been unsportsmanlike conduct. It should've just been a trip on Quick.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, flyerrod said:

Really like the way Poehling is playing.  That was a great feed to TK for the last score.

he made his new career high a laser 

...nice tee up by Poehling

• Like 1

Gostisbehere on the ice for the Penguins game-winning goal. Made a lazy play. Imagine that. I don't miss him being in Orange and Black, like some on the board do here. He's a defensive liability.

Edited by FD19372

7 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Gostisbehere on the ice for the Penguins game-winning goal. Made a lazy play. Imagine that. I don't miss him being in Orange and Black, like some on the board do here. He's a defensive liability.

Ghost was always a defensive liability. His offensive upside was where he excelled. He did his best when paired with a d minded dman no matter who it was.