Flyers Playoff possibility

Because I am bored .... it is amazing what you can google ....

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nhl/flyerseliminate.html

NHL - Week 27 of 28

Flyers Playoff Spot Elimination Options

This Elimination Options page presents sets of game outcomes ("cases") that result in the Flyers losing certain playoff spots. A total of 15 games from week 27 were considered. The list may not contain all possible combinations. When a given set of games eliminates multiple playoff spots the case is listed in the lowest playoff spot only.

image.png.63cc10e9fa55481eb459c8b43d113eaf.png

image.png.09ecbebc49df8c24db23542adb06b5d7.png

• Haha 1

NHL - Week 27 of 28

Flyers What If?

The Flyers What If table presents playoff probabilities depended upon how the Flyers play future games. These games include either the next game or all remaining games. Other unplayed future games are assumed won/lost with a probability based upon relative team strengths.

image.png.33ae79244093d647b0a2478962950142.png

image.png.27d554a2f1bdfcca344d49d2af6fac21.png

• Haha 1

Idles just got a point so the best the Flyers can do is back into the second WC spot. 

To do that they have to win out and get help. 

• Like 2

Caps / Isles / Pens all have 1 game in hand

Flyers lose to Caps they are done.

Flyers win vs. Caps -> still need alot of help and alot of things to go right.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, radoran said:

Actual footage of the Pens, Isles, Wings, Caps, and Flyers on the bubble.

image.gif

Outstanding! 

image.jpeg.d01923360b62e88aac802494aaa73d95.jpeg

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I want bonus hockey aka playoffs for this team, but I also realize they're a one and done. Honestly, I would rather they have a chance to win the draft lottery, and be somehow able to pick first. It is so Flyers, that they fight their a*ses off ..only to play for a little over a week, in the playoffs.

• Uggh... 1

2 hours ago, radoran said:

Actual footage of the Pens, Isles, Wings, Caps, and Flyers on the bubble.

image.gif

🤣

Which ones turn into ping pong balls?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I want bonus hockey aka playoffs for this team, but I also realize they're a one and done. Honestly, I would rather they have a chance to win the draft lottery, and be somehow able to pick first. It is so Flyers, that they fight their a*ses off ..only to play for a little over a week, in the playoffs.

unless they can miraculously finish 11th...not gonna happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

The Flyers are experts at being mediocre.  

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 2

The Flyers had the last 20 games to chart their own course. Problem is it resembled a certain ship leaving the Baltimore Harbor……Would love to see them play a few more games this season but I think the odds are better that Epstein didn’t kill himself….🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyerrod said:

The Flyers had the last 20 games to chart their own course. Problem is it resembled a certain ship leaving the Baltimore Harbor……Would love to see them play a few more games this season but I think the odds are better that Epstein didn’t kill himself….🤔

That last 8 game losing stretch did them in

You reap what you sow Mayne they make a step forward we won't really know till the start of next season

Horrible time to go into a collective scoring slump. 

It highlighted that lack of high end talent.  The difference between winning and losing in the NHL today is pretty slim. The difference between bad teams and decent teams is slim too.

Having a player or two that can make something from nothing would have been helpful during that stretch of games.

This also just in: if my aunt had any balls, she'd be my uncle. Can't do anything about that either.

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

It highlighted that lack of high end talent.  The difference between winning and losing in the NHL today is pretty slim. The difference between bad teams and decent teams is slim too.

Having a player or two that can make something from nothing would have been helpful during that stretch of games.

If only there was a way of acquiring said talent....🤔 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

The difference between bad teams and decent teams is slim too.

The difference between "good" and "decent" teams is not insignificant and the gap between "good" (DAL/COL) and "bad" (CBJ/SJS) is vast.

There's a 20 point difference from the top of the standings to the bubble. There's another 20 points (in the East) to the bottom of the standings - it's wider in the West.

Teams with 14, 15, 16 more wins in the W column are significantly better.

Again, not to say "bottom" teams "can't" beat "better" teams, it's whether they can do it 4 times each against "better" teams in the playoffs that matters.

32 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

If only there was a way of acquiring said talent....🤔 😁

Chicago, Anaheim, and San Jose seem to be working on a method. So's Columbus, as if that counts for anything. :hocky:

But, hey, the Flyers have a 6.2% chance to make the playoffs. And they just beat the Rangers.

Anything can happen.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Uggh... 1

1 hour ago, radoran said:

Chicago, Anaheim, and San Jose seem to be working on a method.

Ya, while they're selling assets for more draft capital and prospects, and selecting in the top of the draft stockpiling high end talent, the Flyers are treading water and stockpiling Scott Laughtons.

But at least in 5 years when those teams are contenders, we'll be a bubble playoff team drafting around 15th 16th or 17th. And those 2 or 3 first round annihilations that we suffered will do wonders for our bubble playoff team going forward.

7 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Horrible time to go into a collective scoring slump. 

This also just in: if my aunt had any balls, she'd be my uncle. Can't do anything about that either.

It's basically come down to if my math is right the Flyers needing to beat Caps in regulation and whoever they play last to win.

And at the same time the Wings need to lose both games left.

Wow that is a lot to need to go right to get in.

And if they would have won just 1 or 2 of the games on the 8 game skid well they would have a spot already.

Sucks for them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Some of us do.

And some of us don't.

I understand both sides.

Myself and only myself feels it would have been better to sell off assets (Laughton and Seeler) for whatever.

Not trade for #77 and just went with Ginning and Attard the rest of the season and let the chips fall where they may.

Hopefully with all that done it would have put them drafting at least around 10-12th.

Not 14-16th.

But ol well fug it too late now.

Seems they are going to miss the playoffs and get a crappy pick.

So yeah NONE of us get what we really want.

Fuggin Flyers

:BrownBag:

That's because the Flyers care more about selling tickets than winning the Cup.  Plus, they've never made the adjustment when the league went to Revenue Sharing & the Salary Cup.  That along with their persistent "win now" attitude keeps them as mediocre.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

14 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

That's because the Flyers care more about selling tickets than winning the Cup. 

I wish i could deny this but all the evidence suggest you're right and that is one of their biggest downfalls...

:BrownBag: