Jump to content

2024 Entry Level Draft - Confirmed Flyers pick at #12


Recommended Posts

So i am guessing this makes Flyers address this position again maybe.

 

Certainly pushes Zavragin further up the ladder.

 

FLYERS PROSPECTS

Flyers’ Alexei Kolosov ‘Has Doubts’ About Returning to North America

 

https://phillyhockeynow.com/2024/06/10/philadelphia-flyers-alexei-kolosov-doubts-returning-north-america/

 

Seems it's always something.

 

But if the kid doesn't want to join Matvei then what ya gonna do?

 

Maybe it would help if they would announce something on this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dysfunction in Flyer Junction. Maybe Jones and Hilferty should try and figure this out. Why their franchise that is just one piece away has become totally irrelevant in today's NHL. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

So i am guessing this makes Flyers address this position again maybe.

 

Certainly pushes Zavragin further up the ladder.

 

FLYERS PROSPECTS

Flyers’ Alexei Kolosov ‘Has Doubts’ About Returning to North America

 

https://phillyhockeynow.com/2024/06/10/philadelphia-flyers-alexei-kolosov-doubts-returning-north-america/

 

Seems it's always something.

 

But if the kid doesn't want to join Matvei then what ya gonna do?

 

Maybe it would help if they would announce something on this?

This is on Laperriere. That goof needs to be crap canned.

  • Good Post 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you were a young talented hockey player and you did your due diligence to see where young talent has gone and been nurtured properly and thrived as pros I am certain Flyerland ranks near the bottom if not dead last. The constant stream of cavemen coaching and GMing this organization definitely waves red flags at the draft for the prospects. How often does this have to happen?

I can almost hear the conversation between Clarke and Homer. 

"F*#k em if they don't wanna come here," says BEC.

"Thats right Bob, f*#k em all," replies Homer.

"We do sh#t our way here, and nobody's gonna change us," utters BEC, as another season rolls past without even a whif of playoff contention, and another 12th pick in the 2035 draft coming up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

How often does this have to happen?

 

To your point, the main focus of Danny Jones, LLP has been to "reestablish Flyer Culture" which on the face of it sounds like a Good Thing and then you remember that Flyer Culture hasn't won a Stanley Cup since 1975.

 

It's not hard to be a middling bubble playoff team in the league (despite Buffalo and Arizona).

 

It's really hard to make the jump from "making the playoffs" to "the next step."

 

Just ask Carolina. Since they won the Cup in Y1 post-cap, they are 0-12 in Conference Finals including 0-8 during the six year playoff run they have going.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, radoran said:

 

To your point, the main focus of Danny Jones, LLP has been to "reestablish Flyer Culture" which on the face of it sounds like a Good Thing and then you remember that Flyer Culture hasn't won a Stanley Cup since 1975.

 

It's not hard to be a middling bubble playoff team in the league (despite Buffalo and Arizona).

 

It's really hard to make the jump from "making the playoffs" to "the next step."

 

Just ask Carolina. Since they won the Cup in Y1 post-cap, they are 0-12 in Conference Finals including 0-8 during the six year playoff run they have going.

It’s harder than ever to win,  you have to draft the right players and actually have them fit in with your nucleus, so this requires an actual plan, you just don’t collect pieces that don’t fit. Just look at the Sixers process, all the bad picks,bad trades and now their star is breaking down and had 2 years left and they aren’t even close.
 

You need to make the right trades at the right time, manage the contracts properly , have the proper coaching and development staff, you also have to have all that for your AHL team. You also have to manage the salary cap and do it all in a 3-4 year window as your team is hitting its peak, because once your guys get too old or the younger guys want a huge long term contract, it can fall apart quickly.

 

Another thing you see is ,the teams that think they are true contenders trade away first round picks and top young prospects for older guys and it usually fails and then you are F’d and have to rebuild again. Another big key is  just pure luck, sometimes the team with less injuries wins not the better team and you have to get some of the bounces and calls in the playoffs.

 

We didn’t draft all the right players, didn’t develop the good players that we did draft,  we made bad trades our coaching was bad in pros and in the AHL, our  cap management was horrible, we had tons of injuries and plenty of bad luck, like Lindros, Patrick ,JVR, Gauthier and Hart . Other than that we are a model franchise.

  • Like 2
  • Good Post 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

We didn’t draft all the right players, didn’t develop the good players that we did draft,  we made bad trades our coaching was bad in pros and in the AHL, our  cap management was horrible, we had tons of injuries and plenty of bad luck, like Lindros, Patrick ,JVR, Gauthier and Hart . Other than that we are a model franchise.

 

Aside from all that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

 

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, radoran said:

they are 0-12 in Conference Finals including 0-8 during the six year playoff run they have going.

 

that is just brutal when you lay it all out and display it like that.

 

living down here i just know more about them because it has been more likely than not that the Flyer had long been an after thought.

 

guess best part of it i always had more time to do other things in may and june every spring...

 

...watch Canes hockey to see when they run out of gas...they too have a few guys they should move if possible finally get a goalie crazy their best goalie prospect never had much of a chance they went down in Flames with Anderson.

 

he shouldn't even be brought back if they are smart.

 

find something on the market even time to move on from the guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Rob Ellis from NHL Trade Rumour is reporting that the Rangers are looking at Konecny and that a starting package is being discussed around Perreault and the Rangers 1st. I'm intrigued.

Let's hope that something comes from this rumor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

watch Canes hockey to see when they run out of gas.

 

It's partly that, but also that they run into legitimately better teams.

 

Like the Lightning during their first Cup run and the Panthers last year.

 

They're good. Very good.

 

They need to be better than the other teams they play against.

 

They aren't there yet and just may not have the horses for it. (Huge fan of Aho and really like Teravainen 🇫🇮)

 

It happens. You can be the Flyers against the Islanders' (#### Stickle) or Oilers' dynasty teams.

 

I wouldn't mind being a natural Carolina fan at this point. And I think a lot of them are starting to ask the same questions.

 

:hocky:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, radoran said:

It's partly that, but also that they run into legitimately better teams

 

yep a few of their players are perimeter players but you can't have to many of those types and is a problem with their forward group

 

Andrei Svechnikov has shrunk from the ranks in my mind very noticeable this past run.

 

We'll he be able to be a guy they can lean on to score some more goals and wins?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

 

We'll he be able to be a guy they can lean on to score some more goals and wins?

 

A legitimate question is does he want to score those kind of goals?

 

The guys who want the puck on their stick when the money is on the line.

 

"Making the playoffs" often shows you who has that aspect to them and also who has that extra gear.

 

You need your 40 goal scorers, and you also need your Evan Rodrigueses #connsmythe

 

:hocky:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

 

yep a few of their players are perimeter players but you can't have to many of those types and is a problem with their forward group

 

Andrei Svechnikov has shrunk from the ranks in my mind very noticeable this past run.

 

We'll he be able to be a guy they can lean on to score some more goals and wins?

I think Svechnikov is playing scared after his knee injury. He just doesn't seem to have the same jump in his play that he used to have. He needs to play with some reckless abandon and slam a few people.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, radoran said:

"Making the playoffs" often shows you who has that aspect to them and also who has that extra gear.

 

bingo and i'm not seeing it...Kotkaniemi :fi: very over rated too

 

Canes should move one of these guys preferably the latter.

 

Maybe Nashville and Canes could make a trade for Saros if they can't work something out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Kotkaniemi :fi: very over rated too

 

👍

 

14 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Maybe Nashville and Canes could make a trade for Saros

 

I don't think Saros puts Carolina over the top, but maybe someone else...

 

Watching with baited breath from my position as Saros' FHL GM.

 

🤔

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, radoran said:

 

👍

 

 

I don't think Saros puts Carolina over the top, but maybe someone else...

 

Watching with baited breath from my position as Saros' FHL GM.

 

🤔

I like the kid goalie in Carolina. It was basically his (part-time) rookie season. He's the starter and a good one. If I'm Carolina, I don't waste capital on a goalie. Maybe move from Burns and DeAngelo and get some defensemen.

 

And I'm more concerned about some of the forwards already mentioned more than i am goal.

 

I agree to move on from Anderson and go get a quality 1B in net.  Anderson has simply never been a playoff goalie.  Ask the lawn chair owners in Toronto.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I like the kid goalie in Carolina

 

He should have been given some time in the crease towards the end.

 

They have to give him a shot next year find another goalie to push him.

 

Pyotr is 24 it's time to shi t or get off the pot i think. Has to be someone in free agency available too.

 

 

 

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1
  • Good Post 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Flyers really need to know if Kolosov is in or is he out.

 

It ain't like he don't have some developing to do himself on the smaller rink but staying over in the KHL does any of that for him.

 

But Ersson in the mean time needs to show he is ready to take the Lion share of the starts.

 

Fedotov i hope by mid season next year is pushing Sam hard.

 

If Matvei doesn't come over i won't be watching much either way beside scoreboard watching.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Flyers really need to know if Kolosov is in or is he out.

 

No, they really don't because who's between the pipes isn't going to matter for several years.

 

That's why they signed Fedotov.

 

Briere may be trying to pull of the stealth rebuild that @flyercanuck is looking for 🤣

  • Good Post 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...