2024 Entry Level Draft - Confirmed Flyers pick at #12

40 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

No surprise, if the guy would have worked on his skating, and his play without the puck, and his passing, and so on, which, apparently he did NONE of, he'd likely still be at worst a top 5 pick. Sounds like a coaches nightmare.

And that's the thing. When the teams start the interview process with the prospects, we're probably going to see more sliders and risers. 

As for Eiserman, he has no one to blame but himself. He rested on laurels while others busted their collective backsides. He's lazy and he's in for a rude awakening when he gets to college. Honestly, if there's a guy that gives me Jay O'Brien vibes, it's him.

• Like 4

It will be very interesting to see if and how far Demidov falls. I know most boards have him gone by 2 or 3. But the combo of scouts not having seen the player for some time, if ever live, and Danny's latest statements about Michkov. How they don't know for sure if he comes over, can only hope, and have had zero direct contact with him since the draft, must surely be food for thought for the top 5 picks regarding Demidov.

https://thehockeynews.com/news/cutter-gauthier-2-0-philadelphia-flyers-dont-know-if-well-ever-see-michkov-with-our-team

On 5/17/2024 at 7:46 AM, OccamsRazor said:

You can only trade up if you have a team wanting to do so.

But you can never call it like last year it shook the draft up when Montreal took Reinbacher and then the Yotes shocked many and passed on Michkov for Simashev.

And boom Flyers get Matvei.

The two dmen I like are Dickinson and Yakemchuck. We might be able to get Yakemchuck at 12 and with some luck Dickinson could be available if we trade up four or five spots. The question here is….Is Dickinson that much better than Yakemchuck that it’s worth trading up for? I know he is better defensively and is projected as a top pair guy, but Yakemchuck also has great skill. I know that there are a bunch of highly rated dmen ,but as in every draft , some are gonna be total flops and some are gonna be just decent. I just hope we get the right guy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

The question here is….Is Dickinson that much better than Yakemchuck that it’s worth trading up for? 

He has that true potential to be the #1 they need IMHO.

Yak tops out at #3 at best IMHO.

15 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yakemchuk reminds me of a more physical/meaner John Carlson. I think he'll grow into a number 2, especially if Shaw remains. I'll give credit where it's due and that man is a defense whisperer. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with Drysdale, Ginning and Attard over a full year. Add those three to Sanheim, York and Seeler and that has real potential to be a very solid top six. That also gives Yakemchuk time to clean up his game and there's no rush to get him into the lineup.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Dickinson is also a teammate of Bonk and Barkley, so im sure our scouts have seen a lot of him. If we can trade up and get him and pair him with Bonk, we may finally have a legit top pair.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2024 at 11:49 AM, OccamsRazor said:

Dickinson in my mind would be the perfect partner for Drysdale.

or Halford.... 😃

Edited by flyerdog
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Buffalo Rick said:

Sabres draft 11.  So do any of you think Buffalo or Philly trade up from 11,12?  Is it a deep draft?  Is there an Eichel, McDavid or Hughes? 

Definitely not a McDavid, probably not a Hughes/Eichel type either. Celebrini will probably come close, maybe on par but I see him as a Toews lite. I do think the top 13 in this draft all are what you'd usually consider as "top ten" talents and I believe that's the real appeal of this draft class. So a bunch of 1st/2nd line talents at forward, one or two may be in the elite category (Demidov/Lindstrom) and same at defense...a bunch should be solid top 2nd pairing guys, a few top pairing guys (Levshunov, Parekh, Siliayev maybe).

I doubt Buffalo trades up. If they are active probably more likely they trade down or trade the pick completely. They need help now, not in 2-4 years.

I hope Flyers get buffalos 11 (Laughton plus Florida pick) and thereby get two of those "top ten" talents. Would be nice to trade even higher up, but I fear the cost is going to be too high.

18 minutes ago, ctid said:

Definitely not a McDavid, probably not a Hughes/Eichel type either. Celebrini will probably come close, maybe on par but I see him as a Toews lite. I do think the top 13 in this draft all are what you'd usually consider as "top ten" talents and I believe that's the real appeal of this draft class. So a bunch of 1st/2nd line talents at forward, one or two may be in the elite category (Demidov/Lindstrom) and same at defense...a bunch should be solid top 2nd pairing guys, a few top pairing guys (Levshunov, Parekh, Siliayev maybe).

I doubt Buffalo trades up. If they are active probably more likely they trade down or trade the pick completely. They need help now, not in 2-4 years.

I hope Flyers get buffalos 11 (Laughton plus Florida pick) and thereby get two of those "top ten" talents. Would be nice to trade even higher up, but I fear the cost is going to be too high.

The answer for Sabres or Flyers has to be via free agency 

On 5/16/2024 at 4:21 PM, radoran said:

I like "may" as a word. For example: this may be true. :hocky:

I know Meltzer reposted it, but I'mawait for something a little more official before beating my head against the wall. :5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

So is this Danny now creating rumors/leaks to try and put out the flames he started or is this real???

I swear the way rumors can swing in this city is fuggin amazing...

:hockey1:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

so IF he does come over.....big club or Phantoms?

trying to think of the last Flyer that went from draft to the big club right away...want to say Provorov? and Gagne and Justin Williams....do I have that right?

Edited by flyerdog

14 minutes ago, flyerdog said:

trying to think of the last Flyer that went from draft to the big club right away...want to say Provorov? and Gagne and Justin Williams....do I have that right?

Farabee only played like 4 games with the Phantoms before going to the big club. not sure if that matters or not

28 minutes ago, flyerdog said:

Hell of a joke...made me spill my coffee

28 minutes ago, flyerdog said:

Yes

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

want to say Provorov? and Gagne and Justin Williams....do I have that right?

Nolan Patrick.

Scott Laughton.

Just off the top of my head.

The Flyers LOVE to do this.

Michkov wouldn't come over to play in the AHL.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I feel like the Flyers should have got a little more in return for this crap contract...

2 1sts and 2 2nds isn't terrible. (flipped Walker for another 1st)

If they needed the space, I think they'd buy it out. As it is, they don't, so they won't pick up a $2M hit next season if they ride out the $3.85M hit this season.

Flyers are apparently spending $93.6M(!) on next year's squad.

Dave Scott is excited because they're spending to the cap and with Michkov, they're definitely a playoff team so anything can happen.

:hocky:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, radoran said:

If they needed the space, I think they'd buy it out. As it is, they don't, so they won't pick up a $2M hit next season if they ride out the $3.85M hit this season.

Dave Scott is excited because they're spending to the cap and with Michkov, they're definitely a playoff team so anything can happen.

I agree no need for it...that first for Walker seems like robbery when you glance at his production in the playoffs you and i had more points 11 games and -5.

Makes Danny look smart i guess....hope he can do that with Risto next deadline.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I feel like the Flyers should have got a little more in return for this crap contract...

Guess we'll see what Danny has planned...

:PopcornSmiley2:

Hate the contract, but don't see the point in buying it out. I'd rather have it for one year than two...and this will prevent signing someone else to a dumb contract in case Michkov comes over and they decide "Lets go for it!".  😁

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, radoran said:

I didn't even see this post til now. Great minds....😆

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

"Lets go for it!"

my friend is already happening wait till we see the rest of their moves.:hehe:

Edited by OccamsRazor
fix boo boo
  • Sad 1

On 5/18/2024 at 11:32 AM, RonJeremy said:

The two dmen I like are Dickinson and Yakemchuck. We might be able to get Yakemchuck at 12 and with some luck Dickinson could be available if we trade up four or five spots. The question here is….Is Dickinson that much better than Yakemchuck that it’s worth trading up for? I know he is better defensively and is projected as a top pair guy, but Yakemchuck also has great skill. I know that there are a bunch of highly rated dmen ,but as in every draft , some are gonna be total flops and some are gonna be just decent. I just hope we get the right guy.

1. Levshunov - seems to be people's choice for "full game"
2a. Dickinson - if you want SAFE NHLer with "good+" upside
2b. Buium - if you want SAFE NHLer with "good" upside
2c. Parekh - if you want RISKY NHLer with "high offense" upside
2d. Silyayev - if you want SAFE NHLer, with possible BIG WAIT... but Some offensive potential and very good shutdown game.
6. Yakemchuk - BIGGEST shot , but has some defense raw habits, decision making problems and takes a TON of penalties.

Im hoping the Sharks can nab 1 with the 14th pick we got from the Penguins(While only retaining 1.5m in karlsson's salary LOL) but im doubting any are left by 14. I am looking at a lot of Dmen now because after we draft Celebrini, our biggest holes are in D and im hoping Grier shoots for a lot of Dmen with the picks we have in the first 2 rounds.

Pick 33 and 42 get interesting. hoping EJ Emery is around but i doubt it as he is creeping into mid 20's..Solberg (two-way LD) is most likely also gone by then, but we could get one of the 6'4 shutdown LDs: Shuravin or Skahan. One of them should still be around at #42. Solberg is playing well in the WC too. Lots of good D from 33-50 in rankings.

After Celebrini, Will Smith had a nasty awesome year in College this year and is an A+ prospect himself. We are set with 2 Mega Prospects at C and Filip Bystedt, who we drafted in the 1st round and projects as a strong 3C, followd by Thomas Bordeleau, who is a middle 6 C . Quentin Musty is proving to be a Steal who had mono in his draft year so he dropped a lot after being a super touted when he went #1 overall in the 2021 CHL draft and Eklund started to put it together on the Sharks last year. 45 points and -45 in 80 games is hardly great sounding, but he had 8 goals and 12 assists for 20 points in his last 24 games of the season

On D prospects we really only have Luca Cagnoni(Who is exploding this year. great late pick) and Shakir Mukhamadullin, whom I am uncertain will ever be a top 4 guy. I guess Henry Thrun counts, but im not expecting much from him We need to load up there. We PROBABLY should also look at a few RW

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

1. Levshunov - seems to be people's choice for "full game"
2a. Dickinson - if you want SAFE NHLer with "good+" upside
2b. Buium - if you want SAFE NHLer with "good" upside
2c. Parekh - if you want RISKY NHLer with "high offense" upside
2d. Silyayev - if you want SAFE NHLer, with possible BIG WAIT... but Some offensive potential and very good shutdown game.
6. Yakemchuk - BIGGEST shot , but has some defense raw habits, decision making problems and takes a TON of penalties.

Im hoping the Sharks can nab 1 with the 14th pick we got from the Penguins(While only retaining 1.5m in karlsson's salary LOL) but im doubting any are left by 14. I am looking at a lot of Dmen now because after we draft Celebrini, our biggest holes are in D and im hoping Grier shoots for a lot of Dmen with the picks we have in the first 2 rounds.

Pick 33 and 42 get interesting. hoping EJ Emery is around but i doubt it as he is creeping into mid 20's..Solberg (two-way LD) is most likely also gone by then, but we could get one of the 6'4 shutdown LDs: Shuravin or Skahan. One of them should still be around at #42. Solberg is playing well in the WC too. Lots of good D from 33-50 in rankings.

After Celebrini, Will Smith had a nasty awesome year in College this year and is an A+ prospect himself. We are set with 2 Mega Prospects at C and Filip Bystedt, who we drafted in the 1st round and projects as a strong 3C, followd by Thomas Bordeleau, who is a middle 6 C . Quentin Musty is proving to be a Steal who had mono in his draft year so he dropped a lot after being a super touted when he went #1 overall in the 2021 CHL draft and Eklund started to put it together on the Sharks last year. 45 points and -45 in 80 games is hardly great sounding, but he had 8 goals and 12 assists for 20 points in his last 24 games of the season

On D prospects we really only have Luca Cagnoni(Who is exploding this year. great late pick) and Shakir Mukhamadullin, whom I am uncertain will ever be a top 4 guy. I guess Henry Thrun counts, but im not expecting much from him We need to load up there. We PROBABLY should also look at a few RW

I have Shakir stashed away in my Fantrax fantasy league. We keep 28 so you can take some stabs in the dark...but 4 games, 3 pts a ppp and 3 hits is kinda promising. A decent chance he's on pp1 or 2 next year. 

9 hours ago, jammer2 said:

I have Shakir stashed away in my Fantrax fantasy league. We keep 28 so you can take some stabs in the dark...but 4 games, 3 pts a ppp and 3 hits is kinda promising. A decent chance he's on pp1 or 2 next year. 

Shakir only has 3 games and 1 point. 5 hits and 11 blocks. Rookies always block and hit more during their initial 9 games until their ELC starts burning and then usually taper off if the coach lets them get away with it. He did have 30 points in 50 games with the barracuda so im hopeful he can reach his potential.

I grabbed Mintyukov this year because his hits and blocks were pacing Radko Gudas on the same team and he had PP1 potential. but as soon as they started leaning on him and giving him PP1, his blocks all but disappeared and his hits tapered off as the season progressed lol.

16 blocks and 22 hits in games 1 to 10 of the season with 7 points. But then the next 10 games once his ELC started burning, 8 hits, 8 blocks. games 21 to 50 his hits stayed decent but his blocks were evaporating

• Like 1

Good to hear, i know the plan was/is to collect great goalies and eventually the ones you don't need but are still good can be traded for pieces they need in the future.

If Errson and Fedotov work out then who knows

Kolosov

Zavragin

Bjarnason

More likely in 2 years when they are ready to move on from Ersson if he can't show he can be a #1 then Fedotov or him will be moved to make room for Kolosov.