Ian Slater

Guest flyerrod

This kid is the captain of his Western Michigan Broncos. I heard rumor that the Flyers are interested and talking to him. Personally, from looking at what he has done there, I think he would be a great fit for the Flyers.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to look into that. No relation to Christian Slater by any chance...

Not that I know of...His mom works at the hospital with my sister in law. He is actually from Satellite Beach, Fl...

• 2 weeks later...

Just heard from his Mom that he will be signing this week with the Phantoms....Great kid, plays with a lot of heart. He has got Flyer written all over him.

Good work, I'm sure the check is in the mail from the Flyers scouting department recruitment division.

This kid is the captain of his Western Michigan Broncos. I heard rumor that the Flyers are interested and talking to him. Personally, from looking at what he has done there, I think he would be a great fit for the Flyers.

Did you post about him awhile back - or maybe even awhile back on philly.com? His name is so damn familiar to me but I can't remember where I first heard about him.

I dug this up on the Broncos page but it didn't help me place him.

Anyway, looks like a good prospect...

http://www.wmubroncos.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=24452&SPID=1928&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=4600&ATCLID=1592642&Q_SEASON=2011

Did you post about him awhile back - or maybe even awhile back on philly.com? His name is so damn familiar to me but I can't remember where I first heard about him.

I dug this up on the Broncos page but it didn't help me place him.

Anyway, looks like a good prospect...

http://www.wmubronco...2&Q_SEASON=2011

I mentioned him in the shout box and then started this thread. From my point of view, this kid is going to be the next coming of Jonathan Toews. He has excelled as a leader at every level he has played. He is 24 or 25 years old so it would not surprise me to see him playing 3rd or 4th line with the Flyers next season.

wow, another "Toews" would be awesome for the NHL, even better if he plays for us! I thought he looked a bit older in the picture - didn't read his whole bio. So good, he signed with the Phantoms, that's great. I did read the part about him captaining practically every team he's ever been on... He sounds like a special kid and a smart pick-up by the Flyers' scouts.

I mentioned him in the shout box and then started this thread. From my point of view, this kid is going to be the next coming of Jonathan Toews. He has excelled as a leader at every level he has played. He is 24 or 25 years old so it would not surprise me to see him playing 3rd or 4th line with the Flyers next season.

Huh?!? Toews? He had 3 goals and 8 assists in college as a 24 year old. Toews had already led his NHL team to a cup when he was younger than this. His entire 4 year college career stats are a bit more than HALF of what Toews puts up in the NHL in a season. I'm not seeing Jonathan Toews. Not knocking the guy, just think that's a pretty lofty comparison. Toews is a top 10 NHLer IMO. I have no problem with the Phantoms signing a leader though.

Huh?!? Toews? He had 3 goals and 8 assists in college as a 24 year old. Toews had already led his NHL team to a cup when he was younger than this. His entire 4 year college career stats are a bit more than HALF of what Toews puts up in the NHL in a season. I'm not seeing Jonathan Toews. Not knocking the guy, just think that's a pretty lofty comparison. Toews is a top 10 NHLer IMO. I have no problem with the Phantoms signing a leader though.

#hater.

(had to do it you know)

• 4 weeks later...

HHHhhhhmmmmm...could be Matt Read or Testwuide....we'll see! Cup here we come. :huh:

I will settle for a Max Talbot clone. He has been a leader through every level of Hockey he as played. He has the kind of attitude that you want to see in a Hockey player. He is a home town Florida boy from Satellite Beach Florida. Plus his mom works with my Sister in Law :D