The Darkness Falls Upon Us...

Guest idahophilly

Not trying to be negative but....

The Olympics are over... August is always a bad month for hockey news... A lockout is all but assured at this point... The Flyers D-corps continues to spiral out of control... OH, in that case maybe a lockout isn't so bad...

Ahh, sorry guys... Anyone have some good news??? Probably just depressed this morning, so sorry....

The Olympics are over... August is always a bad month for hockey news... A lockout is all but assured at this point... The Flyers D-corps continues to spiral out of control... OH, in that case maybe a lockout isn't so bad...

Ahh, sorry guys... Anyone have some good news??? Probably just depressed this morning, so sorry....

life's a steaming pile 'o ****, but it's better than the alternative.

I can agree with about lock out, it seems to unavoidable at this point, both parts are far from to make it happened.

Well NFL is knocking on door, so at least something to watch during lock out.

Also if NHL is going to lock out, then for us more time to spend with family and should be more sex as well.But watch out for .....

• Like 1

and we have the worst goalie tandem in the NHL...

The good news is that if there is a lockout then we don't need to worry about our defense!

That's what i was thinking...

On another side note: There are so many fires here that there is a haze between me and the next door neighbors. My eyes are burning from the smoke...

The good news is that if there is a lockout then we don't need to worry about our defense!

A shorter season might be beneficial to our defense core especially Timonen. It wouldn't surprise me to see the players being locked out until December. This way the owners don't have to pay the salaries, the players don't have to do a rollback on salaries and the fans will be pissed but not as pissed if there was another season loss due to a labour dispute. They've got roughly 30 days to settle this otherwise the owners will lock them out. Hockey won't be missed this fall in the states because NFL football is starting up so fans can watch that instead.

A shorter season might be beneficial to our defense core especially Timonen. It wouldn't surprise me to see the players being locked out until December. This way the owners don't have to pay the salaries, the players don't have to do a rollback on salaries and the fans will be pissed but not as pissed if there was another season loss due to a labour dispute. They've got roughly 30 days to settle this otherwise the owners will lock them out. Hockey won't be missed this fall in the states because NFL football is starting up so fans can watch that instead.

I kinda agree. I'm not really into the NFL but big time into Boise State! That could fill the void until December. I totally agree about the Timmo thing! Hell, I'll throw Grossmann in there as well. I short season will make them fresher for playoffs, which I still believe is almost a lock for the Flyers (knock on wood)....

Its almost football season....

@Phillygrump I was impressed with Foles Grumpster! Mind you, second string defense, first exhibition game and all that....but loved the kids poise. Looks like he can make all the throws....now we need to see, can he read a defense and is he mobile? I think he's more a prototypical pocket passer (nothing wrong with that, kinda refreshing in a way), but he's gotta be able to scramble for the odd first down once and a while. The big thing is the poise like I said, you can't teach it, either you have it or you don't....no happy feet from a rookie is very, very nice to see!

• Like 1

@jammer2

He's used to playing under defensive pressure playing behind on of the worst Olines in college. His arm strength is great. Its NFL arm strength and that can compensate for a lot in the NFL. I think we are just seeing the tip of the iceberg with this kid. I like Reid coaching him up. He has great pocket poise and mobility. I hope he keeps it going.

I'm not really into the NFL but big time into Boise State! That could fill the void until December.

Dude what's up with eyeball-hating blue astroturf? I think if Oregon played at Boise State in those yellow and green uniforms and you watched with 3D glasses, you would trip balls

• Like 2

Football is nearly here.... Phillies are makign a run at the 2nd Wildcard!!!! (JOKE)... Sixers finally have a big man... colllege football, etc...

It still is not hockey though... Hopefully, they get the CBA hammered out so we can see what this defense is made of... I think it is a down year for the Flyers and they miss the playoffs. Not to be negative but this defense is not inspiring any confidence. In fact, Bryz better be ready to face a ton of shots... the possibility of have 3 rookies in the top 6 does not bode well and I am not sold on Schenn. The kid can hit and be physical but his defense is very suspect. Maybe the Flyers can turn him around...

Come on Sars! You gotta love the Blue! It's so in your face it's easy to hate.

Maryland was actually considering using black astroturf when they redid their stadium last spring, but decided against it. Now THAT would have been excellent, the players could have all painted "X" or "O" on their helmets depending on what side of the ball they play on, then the camera view from the blimp would look like that rollerbal football arcade game from the 70's!!!

Here to brighten your day!!!

Be thankful you don't live in Syria...that my friend are true DARK DAYS!!!!

God bless have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Here to brighten your day!!!

Be thankful you don't live in Syria...that my friend are true DARK DAYS!!!!

God bless have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

You are indeed correct sir... There are some other pretty bad places to... Needs to be pointed out that my bad day is something many BILLIONS would love to have...

• Like 1

Maryland was actually considering using black astroturf when they redid their stadium last spring, but decided against it. Now THAT would have been excellent, the players could have all painted "X" or "O" on their helmets depending on what side of the ball they play on, then the camera view from the blimp would look like that rollerbal football arcade game from the 70's!!!

What college is it that has the bright red turf! ? Saw it on ESPN (I think it was ESPN) last year. I thought the blue was something but that red was crazy!

What college is it that has the bright red turf! ? Saw it on ESPN (I think it was ESPN) last year. I thought the blue was something but that red was crazy!

Yeah I remember seeing that, had to google for the team though......Eastern Washington. I can't believe somebody thought that was a good idea!