Bruins Game will.........

Guest activestick

be an excellent indicator of how bad we need another D'Man at this point of the season. Both teams oplaying at there best. Questions will be answered tomorrow.

the team is playing very well right now, but no one should be under any illusion here. we're gonna suffer without pronger... over the long haul, but especially in the playoffs. i don't think december hockey is really a good indicator of playoff hockey intensity.

but, to your point... i think you're absolutely right. boston is probably the best team in the league right now(not going by records as they stand right now)

Exactly Vince - it's basically even as far as D goes - and I'd say we're better as long as Bryz plays well. But missing Giroux is huge, even if Coots looks good up there with Harts and Jagr. Boston has all their forwards ready to go and there's a chance Chara plays too.

I don't know if this one game will tell us much about whether we need defensive help. It's obvious Pronger's absence is huge but look at our top 4, they're playing great and individually they're all top-tier defensemen. Mez has struggled a bit maybe but Kimmo, Coby, Carle - these guys look good every night. I'm loving Bourdon too.

IMHO it'll come down to Bryzgalov. If he's solid we're in the game; if he's shaky they could run us over, take away any chance of a Flyers' victory in the first 10 minutes.

That's what I meant Canoli. But our forwards is no slouch either, who would've thought they would win in DC and Montreal without G. This team has shown it will not back down from losing key star players, everyone have stepped their game up and it's been awesome to watch. The scoring hasn't drop so far, I agree that the goalies need to just play well and make key stops when it's needed. With how they have played without G so far, I'm confident they can pull out a W in this game.

yeah, no - it's past tense -he had one back in November, that was the news yesterday. Why Homer decided to reveal it is anyone's guess, but it confused the sht out of a lot of people, including me for awhile.

Greetings from S. Florida:

I agree this is a quasi-playoff game between two the best teams in the league. The Boston club is balanced with great goaltending.

The Pronger "mess" adds a lot of roster uncertainty. Meanwhile some young people show promise. That is the plus of injury in the line-up.

It's good to see some old faces here. The crap on the Philly.com website has kept me away and the insanity of some posters..yikes.

Best,

Howie

P.S. Canoli--staying warm with some fermented stuff?

They have been riding high with offense by Simmonds and Hartnell. I see that being a problem long term, they are hot right now, but tough Boston D and Goalie could end that right quick.

Real good test today.... Hard when your best players are out

A win and I will be drinking the kool-aid though

They have been riding high with offense by Simmonds and Hartnell. I see that being a problem long term, they are hot right now, but tough Boston D and Goalie could end that right quick.

Real good test today.... Hard when your best players are out

A win and I will be drinking the kool-aid though

Put down the kool aid, break out the Jack.

Looks like we could use that D-man. Or Bob in goal. Or officials that actually make the right calls. Or someone to replace Couturier now.

Agreed on all counts. With Schenn's setback, who is the next center up? Matt Read, and leave the other lines alone? I am very skeptical of that working...

Refs boo'd lightly going back on the ice, Bryzidiot still in net.

With Schenn's setback, who is the next center up? Matt Read, and leave the other lines alone?

Great questions. At this point, I have no idea what they can do and still be effective. Bring up somebody from the Phantoms, I suppose. Move some guys around, bring up Wellwood? Who else is ready to go? Looks like Shelley could get some more playing time. Hehe.

but no one should be under any illusion here. we're gonna suffer without pronger

Flyers without Pronger + Giroux are a .500 team.

With that many rookies it's going to be a bumpy ride.

I think they end up 6-8 in the conference at the end of the year if Giroux isn't back for a month or so.