Speculation but could be good news...Morganti feels lockout ends within 10 days

Cheesesteak

He said something similar a few weeks ago (before the owners' 50/50 offer came out). He and Jonesy were convinced that the lockout would be over in less than a week. Hopefully he's more accurate this time around...

• 2 weeks later...

He said something similar a few weeks ago (before the owners' 50/50 offer came out). He and Jonesy were convinced that the lockout would be over in less than a week. Hopefully he's more accurate this time around...

I think Bettman and the owners are going to tell Fehr and the players if there is no agreement in the next six weeks that they'll shutdown the season. The owners and players can't piss the fans anymore than they already have, a lot of fans have long prepared themselves for no hockey this year so it wouldn't come as a big shock if it does happen. The owners save on salaries and the players lose a year's wage that they'll never get back not to mention a year off their careers. Besides when it is all said and done, Fehr really doesn't give a **** if the season is lost otherwise he would have started negotiating a lot earlier.

Besides when it is all said and done, Fehr really doesn't give a **** if the season is lost otherwise he would have started negotiating a lot earlier.

well I don't know whether he cares or not but that lame excuse Buttman was using - how Fehr needed time to get up to speed - wore thin after a freakin year. Fehr was voted in as the executive director of the NHLPA on Decemeber ??, 2010. He had all of 2011 to "get up to speed" and meet the principals, the players, owners, etc. And now all of 2012 apparently.

WTF is with waiting till August to even start talking about talking? Yeah right the guy needed almost 2fkingyears to learn a couple dozen names? What a crockashit.

WTF is with waiting till August to even start talking about talking?

I think both sides are equally to blame in the delay. They were playing a staring contest to see who would blink first. It was quite stupid and both sides have been rather stubborn. Another lost season this year would be more damaging than the one lost 8 years ago (which isn't all that long ago). I'm not so sure the fans in smaller markets will bother to return.

Greetings:

I have not posted for some time. It is not a good time to be involved with a hockey blog.

I agree with others that all sides share blame. It is a lost season. Failure to seek mediation was a tell-tale sign this was a disaster in the offing.

If the Florida Panthers offered me a partial season pass after a solution I would either tell them to bleep off or offer them 10-15 bucks for 100-level seats. I almost hope they die. Indeed, I think some of the weaklings will pass as a result of the Fehr-Bettmann FUBAR.

Peace and best holiday season wishes to all.

Howie

Apparently someone was listening. I just read that mediators are joining the fray. It is long overdue. These people are arrogant and fail to understand what they are doing to the sport.

Best to all and Idaho...good to hear from you.

Howie