Guest sekkes85

@flyercanuck

Fingers crossed on that one. I just don't get it. If all the rumors are true about management asking if he'll waive his NTC, I don't see why he wouldn't. Clearly the inquiry expresses that they [management] want to go another direction, he is probably two years from retirement, he is still going to get paid no matter what, and he'll probably get moved to a contender; which he may finally get his name on a cup.

Sounds like a win/win. If he honestly cared about this team he would know the cap hell they are in and the plethora of young centers that they have.

I guess he has the right since they offered the contract. But if you have the chance to win a cup (which realistically, I don't think he has in Philly presently) than you'd think he'd go for it. Heck he may even get bought out at the end of the season, you never know (I mean by the team that trades for him)

His previous playoffs make me think they could get a late 1st for him. Or I'd love Subban from the Bruins.

• Like 1

On a more relevant note, I thought Gags played a very strong game. Looked better than he did his last year with the Flyers in fact.

that's cause no one hit him in the head. The guy is one shot away from wearing a helmet the rest of his life

@Bertmega

As with Schenn, I'd rather let Couturier develop as a centre. I'm hoping Briere is gone at the deadline.

I know that his cap hit is too big for the production that we're getting out of him, but I'd like to keep him with the Flyers. He just gets it done in the playoffs. There is something to be said for that.

If moving him gets us a really good young player(s), maybe. I guess moving his cap number could enable the Flyers to go after Corey Perry or Ryan Getzlaf?