interesting facts on brayden schenn/courturier/laughton

Guest toughfighter83

Carolina? Who was on that cup winning team seriously I forget....lol Staal and Williams right.... who else was on that team that was any good other then Ward who won the cup all by himself....

The had several good players, but not the "sniper" we're being asked to find. I mean, Brind'amour was terrific, but he was no sniper.

yeah but it's still garage in front of net goals, what about scoring from the blue line or hash marks goals, everytime he has the puck he never shoots it on the pp, he's always passing it back, this team needs sniper like a kovy, malkin,crosby, etc, im leaving carter out of the discussion now because he's a bad example.

Philly has the 3rd best pp in the league. Who cares how they go in as long as they do? And Kovalchuk is such a gamebreaker he has his team missing the playoffs right in front of us. As a matter of fact, this will be the NINTH time Kovalchuk has managed to get his team OUT of the playoffs. And the team with Crosby AND Malkin lost to the Flyers last year in the playoffs.

Edited by flyercanuck

And Kovalchuk is such a gamebreaker he has his team missing the playoffs right in front of us. As a matter of fact, this will be the NINTH time Kovalchuk has managed to get his team OUT of the playoffs.

well ya know..not for nothing and all but... the Debbies took a nose dive the minute Kovy got hurt and they never recovered. While he was in they were a lock to make the POs this year.

• Like 1

well ya know..not for nothing and all but... the Debbies took a nose dive the minute Kovy got hurt and they never recovered. While he was in they were a lock to make the POs this year.

Agreed!

And Jeff Carter got the OT GWG in last nights Kings win over the Stars.

I'm not arguing the point, but they didn't seem right from when Brodeur went down for awhile. Between Brodeur and Kovie, the wheels came off and they never got it back.

For those interested in knowing how to use the ignore feature for members, chats, signatures and so on please go here ---> http://www.hockeyforums.net/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=ignoredusers

Or you can click on your name at the top right of the site and then click "Manage Ignore Prefs"

• Like 1

Or in other words there is no single player who makes for a winning team.

Not only that, but I would argue that a "goal scoring sniper" (typically a winger) would be the least important component of a Cup caliber team. In no particular order I'd rather have a franchise goalie, d-man, or center than a sniper. I'll take Doughty or Quick (at least last year's Quick) from LA before Carter every day of the week.

• Like 3

no of course - your overall point was certainly right. Not saying you were, but I'd caution folks who are tempted to put Kovy in the "one-trick-pony" category - this year he was by far the Devil's best 2-way forward and his on-ice leadership must've meant a great deal to them...he went out = they lost 10 straight [edit: till they met the mighty Flyers - ugh]. Not exactly cause/effect but awfully close.

Edited by canoli

I get it, Carter sucks. 23 goals as a rookie, 2nd leading scorer in his 4th year as a pro, slid all the down to 15th & 7th and will finish 3rd or 4th this year. Terrible.

The Flyers may be 8th in scoring, but a lot of those goals came in bunches (7-1 whippings), and not enough in close 2-1 losses that really can make the difference in a season.

• Like 2

interesting facts on brayden schenn/courturier/laughton....

Those are interesting facts for forcasting players.

The WORKING term forcasting.

Casting forth a thought does not give any guarantee on the outcome, but can be a strong indicator.

Chris Gratton ring a bell. Forcasted to be a great second punch to the Flyers team. The cloud storm just kept sailing away....

Don't Put your finger on the trigger to soon dude, you might shoot your other foot off too.

These guys are young still. Do NOT count this twilight zone of a season, if you want to do any good to yourself and the fanbase, wierdererr'er' things are yet to come. Like this years winnner of the Stanley Cup, bet you'll never know who it will be...go ahead guess....I dareya'

We have a SNIPER... who is the best as they come, ESSSPECCIALLY in the Playoffs....drum roll....prrrrrrrrrrrrr... Danny Briere! That's right folks Mr. CLUTCH himself, here before your very eyes.

Whataya gat ta say bout that' awwwk!

I know, I know you want to buy him out, and sail him away from town.

Don't be a PME, this guy has alot of worth still....perception ma' boy....acuity, son.

Casting forth a thought does not give any guarantee on the outcome, but can be a strong indicator.

Chris Gratton ring a bell. Forcasted to be a great second punch to the Flyers team. The cloud storm just kept sailing away....

Don't Put your finger on the trigger to soon dude, you might shoot your other foot off too.

These guys are young still. Do NOT count this twilight zone of a season, if you want to do any good to yourself and the fanbase, wierdererr'er' things are yet to come. Like this years winnner of the Stanley Cup, bet you'll never know who it will be...go ahead guess....I dareya'

We have a SNIPER... who is the best as they come, ESSSPECCIALLY in the Playoffs....drum roll....prrrrrrrrrrrrr... Danny Briere! That's right folks Mr. CLUTCH himself, here before your very eyes.

Don't be a PME, this guy has alot of worth still....perception ma' boy....acuity, son.

I can't honestly say that I followed a whole heap of that post, but assuming it wasn't sarcastic I'm gathering it was positive on Briere. Briere hasn't been a sniper for awhile. He's done. I don't want to sail him away. I meant "launch" in a different way.

@ruxpin

I'm Briere supporter and my post was directed more for Fighter' he said we didn't have a sniper and Briere is Golden. I want him to stay and finish his career here in Philly. Redo his contract at a low 2.5 - 3.0 til he retires year/deal. Classy team guy. Even though he does his little cheap shots once in a while to the opponents. Same now with Gagne, another sniper, and playoff performer. That's two counting....and Giroux is no slouch at scoring, just this year. And what about Hartnell, never thought last year he'd be up there. Who had the most goals amongst rookies last year.....READ!!! should I go on. we had the most goals by rookies last year.

Team Defense and lack of focus was our downfall this year. That's why a Pronger or Jagr is needed for these guys to right the ship.

To many rookie cooks in the kitchen, who don't know how to cook it right, if you got the time, we got the skillet.

Redo his contract at a low 2.5 - 3.0 til he retires year/deal.

You can't redo NHL contracts. ANd even if we could, I still think that's too much money for what he brings to the table. It's pretty much zero during the regular season. There are better ways to spend $2.5-3M.

I like Briere, and everything he's done for this team on and off the ice. Super classy guy. Clutch performer. NEver complains.

But we have a cap problem, and someone has to go. I think you get more 'value' in buying out Briere and using that money to find defensive help (or a vet forward like a Jagr or Clowe) than you do buying out Bryz and going into the season with yet again more instability and question marks in goal.

Keep Bryz's buyout for after next season... unless, of course, we make a trade for a guy like Bernier.

-- it would be nice if he actually did something to acutally get us in the playoffs...

If the Flyers have to get rid of Briere, I would rather it be a trade.

He has value, especially in the Playoffs. I wouldn't just dump an asset.

I would trade him for D.

Like Caluso said if we were to trade him to another team and he was bought out, he can sign for cheap next year.

He still has locker room value as well.

People take pain killers to make the pain go away but aren't taking care of the problem only the symptoms.

Briere's performance isn't the problem. It's the symptom. The problem is he is playing out of position.

Put him IN position to succeed. Not every forward is versitile. Not every forward can play off position.

He lacks size And strength to compete on the boards.

You don't bring out your Camaro to pull your boat, you Use your Truck or Van to do that job.

The sports car is for the driveability and show stopper.

People need to understand the symptoms and the underline causes.

Not handle them the other way around, we need Danny, on And off the ice.

Put him in the line I mentioned...Like Nike, Just Do it'

We have youth....Whatt about all our YOUTH!!.....sigh(ba ba loop soup^ ^ ^ ^ )

Now the Ducks are looking for a center....If we were to trade Briere to Anaheim for Bobby Ryan and considerations....and maybe Briere can come back at a home town discount to finish his years with the Flyers in the future, I wouldn't mind that trade going down. I hear Anaheim is an ok place to live.

Edited by LegionOfDoom