Ok... Now I'm worried...

Guest Polaris922

The B's have been up 3-0 before and lost the series. The Pens played a great game, best of the series. If the Pens bring their A-game this series isn't over.

I never count them out.. But I AM worried now. Lol.

I don't see the Bs letting this series get away from them they way they did against us a few years back. Lot of the same guys, more mature, smarter, etc.

OTOH tonight the Pens proved they can skate with them, dish out the physical side, etc. They took care of the puck and got better as the game went on. (unfortunately for Pens' fans so did the Bs)

The biggest problem is they haven't be able to solve Rask. I don't know if anyone can the way he's playing.

Rask is playing right now like Quick was last spring. He's just playing terriffic of late. Living up to his high rankings going into this season. With the elite quickness and supurb skill set of back up Khabodolin (sp), they are set in goal for years and years to come, esp since Rask is so young. Starting to see the Flyers targeting Subban in the near future...Lord knows his path to the NHL is blocked for the near future. Of course, it's probably smarter to sit on Subban and let him develop slowly and address this in a few years. Problem with that is the Bruins could/should be short on offense, with Horton getting ready to enter UFA status in July. The Bruins could use Subban as a really nice bargaining chip, should they chose to go the trade route.

Everybody talks about Bernier, and we should be discussing young tenders with talent, but Subban should be included in those talks. I'd love get the Bruins back up Khabodolin should Subban turn out to be to expensive in a trade. Don't know why the Bruins would be willing help a rival gain ground in an area where they have sucked or years, but if we come up with the best offer, I'm thinking that part will be an afterthought.

edit, sorry wrong thread guys...

Edited by jammer2

Better talent... But apparently not a better team. Now what?

Better talent? I'll give you Crosby and Malkin. But Boston has some severely underrated players, especially come playoff time. Krejci is leading the league, again, in the postseason. I'd take Chara over Letang all day long in a playoff run . Yes if you want points Letang is the guy. But defensively it's not even close. (I believe we may have had this discussion before, and Letangs been driving home my point yet again) Bergeron, Horton, Lucic, Marchand have all proven themselves to step up at the most important time of the year. There's also something to be said about talent defensively, and Boston has that over the Pens in spades. Whether we're talking guys like Bergeron, Seidenberg or goal, where there IS no comparison. You guys are just like us, an overpaid bum as your starter and a decent backup.

And somehow, after your team was outscored 9-1 at home in the first two games especially after all that loading up you guys did in trades, I think you were already worried.

But hey... just having some fun giving to you what I've been taking from ya all season. :P

Better talent? I'll give you Crosby and Malkin. But Boston has some severely underrated players, especially come playoff time. Krejci is leading the league, again, in the postseason. I'd take Chara over Letang all day long in a playoff run . Yes if you want points Letang is the guy. But defensively it's not even close. (I believe we may have had this discussion before, and Letangs been driving home my point yet again) Bergeron, Horton, Lucic, Marchand have all proven themselves to step up at the most important time of the year. There's also something to be said about talent defensively, and Boston has that over the Pens in spades. Whether we're talking guys like Bergeron, Seidenberg or goal, where there IS no comparison. You guys are just like us, an overpaid bum as your starter and a decent backup.

And somehow, after your team was outscored 9-1 at home in the first two games especially after all that loading up you guys did in trades, I think you were already worried.

But hey... just having some fun giving to you what I've been taking from ya all season. :P

I simply think the only area Boston clearly had an advantage coming into the series was defense. Rask played out of this world last night but Vokoun was exceptional as well. Boston's best forward line would be our third.

The difference is Boston is playing as a team and doing what it takes to win. The Pens only started playing half way through last night's game. They didn't show up games 1 & 2.

I just hope to see the effort the Pens made last night from here on out. Sure the odds are clearly against, but play that way and you win more than you lose.

Bostons best forward line would be your third?

Surely you can see the wingers on your top two lines benefit greatly from playing with Crosby and Malkin (as does Letang). Lucic and Horton on Crosbys or Malkins line would easily equal or improve upon whats already there, especially in the war that is postseason. They both have more points than any of your top 4 wingers. Heck, Bostons 3rd and 4th line centers are keeping up with your top 4 wingers in scoring.

Vokoun has been fine. Rask has been great.

If Pittsbugh isn't showing up, does that mean the worlds greatest coach isn't doing his job, or did the worlds greatest gm bring in the wrong pieces? :huh:

, but play that way and you win more than you lose.

Uh, not so far.

Alright, I'll lay off. ;)

Bostons best forward line would be your third?

Surely you can see the wingers on your top two lines benefit greatly from playing with Crosby and Malkin (as does Letang). Lucic and Horton on Crosbys or Malkins line would easily equal or improve upon whats already there, especially in the war that is postseason. They both have more points than any of your top 4 wingers. Heck, Bostons 3rd and 4th line centers are keeping up with your top 4 wingers in scoring.

Vokoun has been fine. Rask has been great.

If Pittsbugh isn't showing up, does that mean the worlds greatest coach isn't doing his job, or did the worlds greatest gm bring in the wrong pieces? :huh:

Uh, not so far.

Alright, I'll lay off. ;)

I stand by my post. The only player you'd maybe move to play Bergeron or Krecji is Dupuis. And that would be tough as Dupuis has been stellar these past two seasons. Nobody else.

As for the play that way comment... Not so far? They played that way half of one game, and I think Rask won that game.

The former. No question. No one questioned the moves when they were made so I ain't buying the 20/20 hindsight argument that this is on Shero.

Byslma on the other hand....

@B21

Bringing in Murray seemed like a no brainer to me. They needed that for postseason. I'm not knocking either Morrow or Iginla. I mean you guys really didn't give up a lot for them anyway. Of course thats because they both thought playing with Malkin and Crosby all but guaranteed a cup. But lets face it, you barely beat a borderline playoff team in the Islanders, and are having your arses handed to you from the Bruins. Your playoff record since that cup run is a 2nd and 2-1st round exits. You've got the top 2 players in the world (which were already in place pre-Shero). I know this discussion was had already this season, but take those 2 superstars off that team and they're really just another team. Which makes Shero just another gm IMO.

Boston's best forward line would be our third

Come on Polaris... you have to be kidding right? Right now the Bruins top line is dominating every line the Pens put out there. I get it in the regular season but in the playoffs this is just blind faith in Sid and crew.

The Pens played a good game but the first period Crosby continued to make bad plays. The Pens defense is really concerning as I still think LeTang and gang are overrated. Voukoun was very good last night but Rask was better and stole the game.

This series is over.

@B21

Bringing in Murray seemed like a no brainer to me. They needed that for postseason. I'm not knocking either Morrow or Iginla. I mean you guys really didn't give up a lot for them anyway. Of course thats because they both thought playing with Malkin and Crosby all but guaranteed a cup. But lets face it, you barely beat a borderline playoff team in the Islanders, and are having your arses handed to you from the Bruins. Your playoff record since that cup run is a 2nd and 2-1st round exits. You've got the top 2 players in the world (which were already in place pre-Shero). I know this discussion was had already this season, but take those 2 superstars off that team and they're really just another team. Which makes Shero just another gm IMO.

Disagree on Shero and we both know why. Besides, that point helps make my argument. If a team with Crosby and Malkin should win the Cup regardless of who the GM puts around them, you can't kill that same GM for them underperforming in this round. Again, more 20/20 hindsight on the Morrow and Iginla deals. Those trades are not why the Pens are down 3-0. You also forgot to mention the Pens steamrolling Ottawa 4-1. It's not like this is a team that has scraped by in the post season.

You also need to stop with this "two best players in the world" prior to citing their playoff performances since the Cup. That's nonsense.

After the Cup they lost in the 2nd round conference semis in 09-10 in 7 to the Habs (Carey Price)..

10-11 they lost in the 1st round to Tampa...without Crosby and Malkin.

11-12 was the meltdown against the Flyers.

12-13 looks like no further than the ECF.

In other words, the playoff record for the "two best players in the world" looks like this...

Missed (Crosby Only)

1st Round

SCF

SC Champs

2nd

DNP (Crosby and Malkin)

1st

ECF

Call me crazy, but that's kinda good.

@ polaris

Boston's best line would be your third?

Haha in denial til the end eh? What about the Flyers last year? Would any of our lines even make your team? The bottom line is that your mighty do no wrong pens are chokers the last 2 years.

@murraycraven

@trollboypenshater

Yes before the postseason the Bruins first line would be relegated here to mostly third liners. As I said MAYBE Krecji makes it top six but that's it.

Look at the fantasy teams to show how they're regarded...

Pens Drafted: Crosby, Kunitz, Malkin, Iginla, Dupuis, Neal... Our top six are ALL chosen on our fantasy teams in BOTH conferences.

Bruins Drafted: Bergeron... On ONE team.

Now the Bruins fourth line is out scoring our entire top six it seems in these three games, but tell me again how they were so highly thought if before this?? And Bergeron couldn't crack the top two lines here either... He's got two far superior centers in front of him.