Bernier might now cost us Couturier

brelic

why are people so high on bernier, his size is a problem he's 5-11, he's small as osgood? since when undersized goalies will work in this nhl? if he was 6-2, i would take him but his size is a problem.

i would take lindy or miller.

I think you might want to go in a different direction than goaltending discussion-wise.

• Like 2

<br />You can't say the system that scouts them has a better chance of being correct with one and not the other. That's just choosing to believe which one you like more. <br />

well, you can. goalies are a tough bunch to project out. centers, not as much.

still, point taken. guesswork on both sides, and bernier is the rarer breed should he pan out.

@Polaris922

Point well made re: Bryz @ 6'3"

To TF83's point, the NHL average is currently 6'2" so I guess I begrudgingly acknowledge his point, but I really don't think you rule out an athletic/quick young guy who is 5'11" in favor of a stone golem who only moves his bowels and happens to be 6'3"

I assume he means lindback, who is 6'6". and was very not impressive last season.

Thanks. I really honestly had no idea.

And why in the hell would anyone want Lindback?

Seriously, between the Bryz blow-up doll, lit candles in front of his picture, and the love affair with Lindback, who I wouldn't trade my 10 year old sneaker for, someone seriously just needs to STFU about goalies, if not hockey altogether.

Bernier has not proven anything, at best, Id offer Matt Read, I really believe Mason is going to regain his form, just look at his mechanics and his fluid movement in the net compared to that slow uncoordinated, mentally lax (like most Russians) Bryzgalov. I think we just sign a backup and go with Mason, he cant be any worse than what we have had for the past 20 years. I would rather trade Read at the draft and get another first rounder

I really believe Mason is going to regain his form, just look at his mechanics and his fluid movement in the net compared to that slow uncoordinated, mentally lax (like most Russians) Bryzgalov.

that last bit is what worries me, though. don't downplay how really terrible mason was for years in Columbus. I agree, he has all the tools to be a worldbeater, technically, mechanically....but something was able to throw him WAY off his game for a long time. I worry about his mental state quite a bit. i'm hopeful, but actual optimism is a bridge too far for me at this point.

Edited by aziz

Per Tim P on twitter the Kings are NOT asking for Read or Cooter... they want Jake! No f'ing way Homer does this...

I will hunt Homer down if he trade Jake. If I'm Homer..I say either Coots or Read. If Lombardi balks then tell him to go pound some California sand.

I will be royally pi$$ed if Jake is traded........

• Like 1

Tim Thomas is 5'11" Dominic Hasek was 5'11" Bernie Parent was 5'10" Just saying is all.

torched again TF83....as I said before, when will you start doing some research before posting such easly refutable gibberish....

nice job rux! :)

snapback.pngaziz, on Jun 18, 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

i'm picturing lindy ruff standing in a goalcrease crying.

He's probably as good as Bryz

Brilliant. If he cries enough, the puck will come to complete stop when it hits the puddle!