Bryz to pens?

Guest Leach27

All he was saying is Flyers cast players off.  Said players win cups.   It's an exaggeration, obviously, but one we Flyers fans typically use ourselves.

I don't use that exaggeration

Not correct this is what he posted "As with other Flyer castoffs it almost guarantees we win the Cup! Lol"

we as in "his" favorite team the pens, not some other team Instead of we maybe he should have typed "guarantees a Cup win! lol".

But given that statement many players over the years have been traded and won the cup, roy, bourque,ect, ect. I don't have time to look them all up right now.

Not correct this is what he posted "As with other Flyer castoffs it almost guarantees we win the Cup! Lol"

Yes.  I'm really not sure what the disconnect is here with the english, but what I said is exactly what his statement indicates if one isn't completely new here.

As with other Flyer castoffs (a reference to what I statement), it almost guarantees WE (Penguins since he's a Pens' fan and since we're talking about Bryz--a Flyers castoff--going there) win the Cup.

It was a throw away reference to a large number of Flyers fans ON THIS BOARD who make this statement/exaggeration on a weekly basis.  No one said YOU make the statement, but i really don't see the confusion here unless you're just trying to troll his post.

• Like 1

Yes.  I'm really not sure what the disconnect is here with the english, but what I said is exactly what his statement indicates if one isn't completely new here.

As with other Flyer castoffs (a reference to what I statement), it almost guarantees WE (Penguins since he's a Pens' fan and since we're talking about Bryz--a Flyers castoff--going there) win the Cup.

It was a throw away reference to a large number of Flyers fans ON THIS BOARD who make this statement/exaggeration on a weekly basis.  No one said YOU make the statement, but i really don't see the confusion here unless you're just trying to troll his post.

He brought up the comments 1st about the flyers, not me. Maybe if your friend could say what he actually meant in the 1st place then you would not have to spend time clarifying. :D

He brought up the comments 1st about the flyers, not me. Maybe if your friend could say what he actually meant in the 1st place then you would not have to spend time clarifying. :D

He said what he meant.  You're the ONLY one who applied a strange interpretation.  I'm bored with this now.

Blog by Josh Rimer

I spoke with Ilya Bryzgalov's agent Ritch Winter yesterday. Wanted to see if Bryz was available to chat, "No Bryz is taking full advantage of his time to workout and spend quality time with his family," Winter Said. I then tried to find out if he was in North America or overseas, "He is here and we appreciate your interest."

So by here, I got the impression that Bryz is skating and workout out in Philly where it's believed he still owns a home with his family. Bryz did get some interest from the Florida Panthers before they inked UFA Tim Thomas to a PTO last week. So what teams would be first in line for Bryz's services? To be honest, with Tomas Vokoun being out god knows how long, the Penguins might be a good fit.

The distance from Philly to Pittsburgh is 258 miles, roughly over a 4 hour drive. And how many times have seen Penguins leave to go to Philly, or a Flyer go to the Penguins? Jaromir Jagr, and Max Talbot recently went to the Flyers and in the early 90's we saw Rick Tocchet & Ken Wregget become Penguins after being with the Flyers.

Even though Bryz is a little out there, he can be a good goalie, and help a team out. He's played well before, in Phoenix & Anaheim, so why can't he succeed in Pittsburgh? If I'm Penguins GM Ray Shero, I'm phoning Ritch Winter right now to see if he'll sign a 1 year deal for $1 million to be a backup to MA Fleury. What do you have to lose?

:rolleyes:

I'm pretty much any village's idiot.  When not doing that, I'm usually drunk/hungover or somewhere in between; but even I was able to figure out what @Polaris922 was getting at   :D .  

• Like 1

There is an ongoing give-and-take in the forums, which involves some jibing back-and-forth. If we take every minor jab as a reason to get our hackles up, it will be a long day.

As rux points out, there is more than enough examples just since the lockout of folks whom the Flyers have traded away that have soon found their name on the Cup. 

Just the year before the lockout Ruslan Fedotenko (who has won two since being shipped out) scored the game winning goal that got Bill Barber the distinction of having his name on the Cup more than Bobby Clarke.

It's not that I don't understand, mind :)

Scott: Well, Captain, er... the Klingons called you a... a tin-plated overbearing, swaggering dictator with delusions of godhood.

Capt. Kirk: Is that all?

Scott: No, sir. They also compared you with a Denebian slime devil.

Capt. Kirk: I see.

Scott: And then they said that you were a...

Capt. Kirk: I get the picture, Scotty.

Scott: Yes, sir.

Capt. Kirk: And after they said all this, that's when you hit the Klingons.

Scott: No, sir.

Capt. Kirk: ...No?

Scott: No, er, I didn't. You told us to avoid trouble.

Capt. Kirk: Oh, yes.

Scott: And I didn't see that it was worth fighting about. After all, we're big enough to take a few insults. Aren't we?

Capt. Kirk: What was it they said that started the fight?

Scott: They called the Enterprise a garbage scow! Sir.

Capt. Kirk: I see. And... that's when you hit the Klingon?

Scott: Yes, sir!

Capt. Kirk: You hit the Klingons because they insulted the Enterprise, not because they...

Scott: Well, sir, this was a matter of pride.

Capt. Kirk: All right, Scotty. Dismissed. Oh... Scotty, you're restricted to quarters until further notice.

Scott: Yes, sir. Thank you, sir! That'll give me a chance to catch up on my technical journals!

@ruxpin

@DaGreatGazoo

@yave1964

Thanks for clearing that all up while I was sleeping. I'm thinking @Leach27 just missed the numerous posts since the Kings won that said the same thing.

Are all Philly journalists like this? This article and many others there have been topics about seem to go with a short statement of facts, then add a lot more to the story in pure storytelling or "what if" style. Do they all try to make something out of nothing?

@ruxpin

@DaGreatGazoo

@yave1964

Thanks for clearing that all up while I was sleeping. I'm thinking @Leach27 just missed the numerous posts since the Kings won that said the same thing.

Are all Philly journalists like this? This article and many others there have been topics about seem to go with a short statement of facts, then add a lot more to the story in pure storytelling or "what if" style. Do they all try to make something out of nothing?

They aren't allowed to have an opinion that differs from the organization without being shut out and ostracized.

As a result, they go into all of these loops of speculation of things which won't anger those who can cut off their needed access to the team.

And the others work for Comcast.

They aren't allowed to have an opinion that differs from the organization without being shut out and ostracized.

As a result, they go into all of these loops of speculation of things which won't anger those who can cut off their needed access to the team.

And the others work for Comcast.

Makes for some horrible journalism.

• Like 2

@ruxpin

@DaGreatGazoo

@yave1964

@polariss922

Yes thats true. I wasn't on here for almost a year. Anyway in all seriousness I hope Vokoun is ok.

Aren't the Pens up against the cap limit?  If they are crazy enough to go after Bryz could they afford him?

Bryz is already making $1.4M next season and just has to cash the check.

Much like Lecavalier took "less" to come to Philadelphia because of his buyout, Bryz can take "less" than Homer gave him as well.

Pens don't have a lot of space, no. By all accounts, this would be a short-term, low-money contract that might factor in to Vokoun going on LTIR with his $2M salary.

Several unnamed and unnotable sources say that Bryz was in Pittsburgh last night... :PHI: :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :PHI:

Saw this jersey at the Harmondville ice rink in Pitt this morning as well... the stars are aligning Flyers fans...

post-50-0-83444900-1380043540_thumb.jpg

Edited by murraycraven

@ rad... these unnotable resources claim that "Flower" picked Bryz up in Jersey and they drove out to Pitt accompanied by a notable Sports Psychologist and a OBGYN...

Apparently both Flower and Bryz needed further psychological evaluations after spending time at the Jersey Shore and seeing too many beachballs...

Edited by murraycraven