Berube will be as good a coach as Homer is a GM

Guest RonJeremy

Snider is an idiot, he keeps hiring ex players for positions they are not qualified for. Homer is the one who should be fired, and Berube is not some sort of top hockey mind that is going to turn the team around. Another dumb move. This team keeps going around in circles, there is no stability and no accountability. We will never win anything with Berube as coach. I just hope at the deadline , when we are buried at the bottom we can unload Timmo, Streit and any other veterans and acquire some picks to build up our prospect base that Gomer has destroyed with his bad trades and throwing away picks

Homer will be gone by years end...enter Ron Hextall as new GM.

I kind of hope you are wrong.  As much as I liked Hextall, its time to get someone in the organization that doesn't see through orange and black shaded glasses.  This organization is living in the past and flying blind.

Not knowing nothin', I'm sure Berube is just the interim coach until Holmgren finds a legit HC.  Pretty sure.  Hopeful, really.

http://www.mynews4.com/news/story/Slow-start-costs-Laviolette-in-Philly-Berube/EmgVNVpL502tHPXolsYZpg.cspx

"I'm excited to have Craig coach the Philadelphia Flyers," Holmgren stated. "Craig is one of the smartest hockey guys I've ever been around. He demands respect, he's a no BS kind of guy."

IIRC from the PC, Berube has a multi-year deal.

Could be interim until they extend his contract, can't see this as a fix for the Flyers, Berube has been behind the bench beside Lavy.

Agreed on this being a questionable fix.

This is from the Flyers official website:

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=21134

"Berube will not have an interim tag on his job title. This is his team for the forseeable future."

Agreed on this being a questionable fix.

This is from the Flyers official website:

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=21134

"Berube will not have an interim tag on his job title. This is his team for the forseeable future."

I'm wondering though, would he have been Homer's choice, had he done a legit world wide search for a new coach?  Probably not, so it looks like another out for Homer. Another reason to give him another year should Berube not get the required results.

I'm wondering though, would he have been Homer's choice, had he done a legit world wide search for a new coach?  Probably not, so it looks like another out for Homer. Another reason to give him another year should Berube not get the required results.

Homer made the worst decision in the history of the National Hockey League and his team will be paying $1.4M a year for the next 14 years because of it.*

You think a mere coaching change is gonna cost him his job? Piffle.

* I am aware this was "Ed's fault"