Meszaros led all Flyers for TOI last night

brelic

I don't know which it is, but I think they need to work a rotation or something.  Guys like Gill and Gus are going to go stale.  They haven't played now in over a week.  For Gus' development alone he needs to get some minutes.  Gill, I am fine with sitting, but I think they need to take advantage of the luxury of having Gus and get him some games while resting Timonen.

@ruxpin

I too thought Mez played horrible last night.  I made sure to watch him whenever he was on the ice.

He let people skate right by him.  Horrible give-aways and so on.

He was the worst Flyer on the ice last night imho.

Completely agree.

@ruxpin

I too thought Mez played horrible last night.  I made sure to watch him whenever he was on the ice.

He let people skate right by him.  Horrible give-aways and so on.

He was the worst Flyer on the ice last night imho.

Grossman and Timonen were awful. Worse than Meszaros, IMO.

• Like 1

I couldn't even watch Streit enough to hate on him because of how terrible Metzaros was.  :ph34r:

He figuratively out sucked Streit in his own end last night, played really stupidly on the point during his PP shifts too.

why he's playing at 4 milliion when Gus could suck just as bad for 1/4 of the price is beyond me.  

bag of pucks and happy meal and he's out of here if i was GMing this team.

• Like 1

I couldn't even watch Streit enough to hate on him because of how terrible Metzaros was.  :ph34r:

He figuratively out sucked Streit in his own end last night, played really stupidly on the point during his PP shifts too.

why he's playing at 4 milliion when Gus could suck just as bad for 1/4 of the price is beyond me.  

bag of pucks and happy meal and he's out of here if i was GMing this team.

You could at least a get a 2nd rounder for him.......

Grossman and Timonen were awful. Worse than Meszaros, IMO.

Timmonen is looking every bit of his 38 years , can he be cut ? 

i love the guy, but he has been bad so far this year.

and while we're hating on people , clearly Claude Giroux needs some vitriol.

Did he come back from his injury too early ?  he won't shoot, he's been weak on the puck, i don't remember seeing that before...He's shied from contact.  Something is not right with that guy.  

Timonen's TOI is still around the 20-25 minute mark, which obviously is too much at this point in his career. Streit is around 20-22, and Schenn is at 14-15.

I would personally boost Schenn's time to 18-20, drop Timonen to the 2nd PP (and Streit to the 1st unit), drop Timonen's ES time by a few minutes, and keep his PK time as is. He still seems to be effective on the PK because it's about defending rather than lots of skating, where his diminishing footspeed is exposed.

Bottom line, Timonen with 14-16 minutes of TOI would be a more effective player, I think.

Plus, GET GUS IN THERE! Sheesh, how can he ever get experience and become a viable option if he doesnt' get to play?

All of this.

Timonen's TOI is still around the 20-25 minute mark, which obviously is too much at this point in his career. Streit is around 20-22, and Schenn is at 14-15.

I would personally boost Schenn's time to 18-20, drop Timonen to the 2nd PP (and Streit to the 1st unit), drop Timonen's ES time by a few minutes, and keep his PK time as is. He still seems to be effective on the PK because it's about defending rather than lots of skating, where his diminishing footspeed is exposed.

Bottom line, Timonen with 14-16 minutes of TOI would be a more effective player, I think.

Plus, GET GUS IN THERE! Sheesh, how can he ever get experience and become a viable option if he doesnt' get to play?

Could not agree more!

Just to make you all laugh...several of the Flyers "guys" in the studio, and on the broadcast were commenting on how WELL Meszaros was playing.  I guess they got the Flyers talking points memo, and are trying to help them trade him! :ph34r:   

• Like 2

Just to make you all laugh...several of the Flyers "guys" in the studio, and on the broadcast were commenting on how WELL Meszaros was playing.  I guess they got the Flyers talking points memo, and are trying to help them trade him! :ph34r:   

That's the only thing that can be going on there.  No way you watch his "performance" last night and think he was playing well.

I'll take the argument that he played better than some others (I don't agree, but at least it's debatable).  But "well" is just flat out nonsense.

I don't understand the "hate" on Meszaros. I love how we can all have differing opinions. To me he has been fine. Kimmo, in my opinion, has been the weakest of the group.  He looks so slow out there. We have had some slow d-men before but they were at least big and thus had a longer reach which Kimmo does not have.  I don't like Kimmo on PP1 but if it keeps the pairings together (which the new dmen pairings do) then perhaps it is ok.  Personally from what I have seen I would rather Streit on PP1.

I don't understand the "hate" on Meszaros. I love how we can all have differing opinions. To me he has been fine. Kimmo, in my opinion, has been the weakest of the group. He looks so slow out there. We have had some slow d-men before but they were at least big and thus had a longer reach which Kimmo does not have. I don't like Kimmo on PP1 but if it keeps the pairings together (which the new dmen pairings do) then perhaps it is ok. Personally from what I have seen I would rather Streit on PP1.

Agree about Streit on PP1.

I also think Timo should be limited to second pair minutes.

I won't agree about Mez, though, because he's been flat out horrible.