LEAFS WIN CUP IN 2015 SEASON

FORBSY

@LordVader  Welcome, good to see you here!  I must say, I missed trading barbs with you guys!  I often thought of you guys when the Flyers beat the Leafs or the other way around.

First off, thought you deserved to beat the Bruins. Which one of you went the most ballistic in the game 7 meltdown?

The Leafs are fun to watch for the first time in decades, with loads of young talent in the pipeline. You guys are here to stay, to much talent to not keep winning and be respectable. It is scary how fast the Leafs look.

Where is Tucker?

@FORBSY

Seriously (without irony or sarcasm), welcome aboard. Some of the nonsense aside, you always knew your stuff and I enjoyed the hockey back and forth. Often funny as Hell, too. Really strong addition to the Leads' board.

You spelled Leaes wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWKNxEt9ryg

Having said that, what in the blue hell is wrong with Philly?  I don't see them as a last place team, or anywhere close to that--what's going on in cheesesteak-land??

Where would I start?  Everything.  Seriously and literally... everything is wrong with this team, starting with our infamous owner Ed Snider.  For as long as I have been following and rooting for this team, I don't remember the Flyers been THAT hapless.  THe team needs to be gutted out, which won't happen with The Old Man at the helm.   

@EVERYONE

Sorry all, busy weekend.  I haven't really had a chance to watch Philly other than when you guys played us, but quite honestly I thought that you outplayed us that night--except for Bernier, he was stellar.  I think the Leafs still have some growing pains to get through, but I like the potential for this team. It's inexcusable that they blew the lead against Carolina, but sadly I predicted that they would lose that game (prior to taking a 2-0 lead, of course).  People ready to give up on Gardiner & trade him are clearly drunk--he has a TON of upside & his skating ability is other-worldly.  I haven't been all THAT impressed with Rielly's current game, but you can see that he's going to be an absolute stud a few years down the road. 

I'm saddened that the "pluralization" of Leaf(s) is still in question by those who should know better.  For those who are lazy (such as myself), please focus on the section titled "Conn Smythe Era".  For those who want to read more about the most glorious franchise in all of pro sports, please feel free to read the whole beautiful story.  :D  

I'm saddened that the "pluralization" of Leaf(s) is still in question by those who should know better.    

LOL  I brought up the pluralization thing, but that was strictly for your benefit.  I know how you love it so.

Don't worry, I won't seriously bring that up again (and will stop asking what a Wild is) until or unless I figure out what a Flyer is and whether pluralizing this imaginary thing with a simple "s" is acceptable.

Oh, and dead on accurate with the lazy thing.  That's me to a T.

That guy ruled.  Some of his posts literally brought tears to me eyes from laughing so hard.

speaking of laughing so hard..here at the Lexus Dealership we came up with a list of dearly departed Flyers in recent yrs...then asked ourselves ..would they be in a playoff position today with these players in their line up that the organization quit and gave up on?

Sharp (2 Stanley Cups)

Carter (Stanley Cup)

Richards (Stanley Cup)

JVR....lol for pylon give-away Luke Schenn

Lupul

Bobrovsky (Vezina) for Anthony Stolarz...Taylor Leier...!!!

Dan Hamuis

Steve downie (character grit..cant find that on the flyers roster

Scotty Upshall (character grit..cant find that on the Flyers roster..oh yea rosehiill  .lol)

Matt Carle

lol...in the Versteeg trade with the Leafs...the Leafs used the flyers picks to take Stuart Percy and Josh Leivo...two solid & up and coming prospects

@LordVader

Kick where it hurts, why don't ya??

I know you're focusing on players, but don't forget Ken Hitchcock on your list.

I'm okay with Downie and Upshall being gone, although yeah, we could use the grit thing.    Lupul is good for the 15 games/year he isn't injured.

speaking of laughing so hard..here at the Lexus Dealership we came up with a list of dearly departed Flyers in recent yrs...then asked ourselves ..would they be in a playoff position today with these players in their line up that the organization quit and gave up on?

Sharp (2 Stanley Cups)

Carter (Stanley Cup)

Richards (Stanley Cup)

JVR....lol for pylon give-away Luke Schenn

Lupul

Bobrovsky (Vezina) for Anthony Stolarz...Taylor Leier...!!!

Dan Hamuis

Steve downie (character grit..cant find that on the flyers roster

Scotty Upshall (character grit..cant find that on the Flyers roster..oh yea rosehiill  .lol)

Matt Carle

lol...in the Versteeg trade with the Leafs...the Leafs used the flyers picks to take Stuart Percy and Josh Leivo...two solid & up and coming prospects

Damnit.  THAT had to be the one on your list that was reversed?   Seriously?

@LordVader

Funny - I can't recall you ever giving any of those guys props when they were with the Flyers. And I think a list of players the Leafs have given up on that have succeeded elsewhere would be equally as long. But nice troll anyway.

I'll take that bet.

Dieu Sauver La Reine

The Leafs in the 45 seasons since they last won a cup have NEVER made the finals, and managed to miss the playoffs 18 of the 45 seasons and get knocked out in the first round another 15 times. They need to back it up with something other than a first round choke against the Bruins before they talk too much stuff.

I like the way Carlyle has the team going, team toughness and grit but they have done nothing for 45 years. Absolutely nothing.