Downie: Concussion

murraycraven

Well...this trade, loss, and lost player maybe the c4 explosive that detonates the team the way this board has been clamoring for

I didn't know they were this bad...I held onto some hope that they just needed to tweak it to get back to the team that knocked PItt out of the playoffs.  Blow it up.  

Homer had some good moves in his tenure, but more bad ones, and they have finally swallowed the team whole.

Pronger got us to the Cup

Hartnell and Timonen helped bring us from piss to good

We looked OK, maybe even better, coming out of the Richards Carter clear out deals

but here we are..

Sources:

" Numerous reports of fans that attended last nights game being carried off in stretchers with concussion symptoms. A press conference is scheduled for tomorrow morning from the Neurology Dept. At the Univ. of Penn"

In other news....Paul Holmgren spotted at the local tavern.

Downie took a solid shot there. Give Volpatti credit for not beating him senseless once Downie said he was in trouble. That was very strange. Downie took the punch then instantly dropped his guard. Said something then Volpatti let him go. I wonder what he said?

Downie took a solid shot there. Give Volpatti credit for not beating him senseless once Downie said he was in trouble. That was very strange. Downie took the punch then instantly dropped his guard. Said something then Volpatti let him go. I wonder what he said?

I watched an interview with Downie at practice yesterday morning. It was, it course, long before this incident. That was my question after watching the interview, "I winder what he said."

So my question regarding the incident isn't, "I wonder what he said," but "how did Volpatti understand it???"

• Like 1

Any one think there is more to his injury than a typical concussion?

First of all Downie left the game from the dressing room on a stretcher Fri evening, and wasn't released until today.  I had seen one report somewhere that said he had a fractured orbital bone.  But that isn't the report from Holmgren.

Most of the time players are sent home the next day after being checked out.  So did he have a seizure, any eye problems in the lockerroom?  He wasn't knocked unconscious on the play, so why then couldn't he have walked into the ambulance?

I dunno, seems as if the Flyers are covering up some of the details.   

Anyone else think so?.  

First of all Downie left the game from the dressing room on a stretcher Fri evening, and wasn't released until today. I had seen one report somewhere that said he had a fractured orbital bone. But that isn't the report from Holmgren.

Most of the time players are sent home the next day after being checked out. So did he have a seizure, any eye problems in the lockerroom? He wasn't knocked unconscious on the play, so why then couldn't he have walked into the ambulance?

Anyone else think so?.

Something is being covered up. I just don't know what.

First of all Downie left the game from the dressing room on a stretcher Fri evening, and wasn't released until today.  I had seen one report somewhere that said he had a fractured orbital bone.  But that isn't the report from Holmgren.

Most of the time players are sent home the next day after being checked out.  So did he have a seizure, any eye problems in the lockerroom?  He wasn't knocked unconscious on the play, so why then couldn't he have walked into the ambulance?

Anyone else think so?.

My thoughts exactly. He didn't look bad as he skated off the ice. Looked pretty steady on his feet (even after the punch) for a guy that just got a concussion. There is more to the injury than we are aware of. Probably had a little orbital bone reconstruction.

They looked good for a game or two here and there after those trades, but they haven't been truly compwtitive since.

Not saying those trades are the reason for our current woes, but simply put, this team hasn't been the same since those trades.

There are larger problems. It wasn't Richards, or carter, or even Bryz. This team needs a massive enema. Maybe then it can flush out the rotten core running the show.

Well...

We looked OK, maybe even better, coming out of the Richards Carter clear out deals

but here we are..

It can't be good. Concussions are tricky things. They can result in things like Subdural hematomas.

If he got worse later, they wouldn't let him walk to the ambulance for precautionary and insurance reasons at best at worst he wasn't conscious at the time.

Unless Downie shot up in the locker room and overdosed, this is likely a very serious medical problem.

My thoughts exactly. He didn't look bad as he skated off the ice. Looked pretty steady on his feet (even after the punch) for a guy that just got a concussion. There is more to the injury than we are aware of. Probably had a little orbital bone reconstruction.

He said nice shot! Hey could of gone the other way and Flyer fans would of give a thumps up! Doesn't remember same thing happen to Derek Morris a few yrs ago? David Ling a smaller caught him good