Schenn vs Wilson

hf101

Why did his head hit at the angle it did? With his shoulders almost perpendicular to the ice?

As I clearly pointed out in the video, Wilson hits Schenn in the side. You can see it clear as day at the marks I noted - not just from that one angle in the start of the video.

This isn't Schenn "turning into" the boards a la Bergeron, etc. Is there a slight move? Yes. A reflex/reaction, if that - not an "ill-advised decision" as you termed it. You put the onus on Schenn "turning" not Wilson - the player actually committing the infraction with the illegal hit.

That's bonkers. If Schenn had turtled or turned his back to Wilson, then some - some - of the onus may come back onto him. As it is, his actions don't directly affect the outcome in any significant way.

Wilson doesn't see Schenn's numbers on the back because Schenn never has his back turned toward him. A minute turn "at the last second"? Sure. But you can see Schenn's numbers when he gets hit and Wilson isn't hitting them.

Wilson's penalty was charging - and that's what it was.

The point being that Schenn "turning" had little to do with whether or not his head could or did impact the boards.

Did we *finally* find something that McCrossin obviously screwed up??  I've been looking for a obvious oversight like this for decades....GET THIS GUY OUT!

Funny, I've been trying to find something he got right for decades....still waiting.

"Look, Eric, quit yer bitchin' and get on the damn plane. It's not like it'll kill ya!"

Oh, wait...

:ph34r:

I often wonder what Eric buys Keith Jones for Christmas every year?  Gotta be something fantastic  Ya know, for the whole saving his life and everything.  

No suspension for Wilson.

(sorry, can't post the link to the video)

wow.. gotta say.. i'm pretty surprised by this one. I mean... that would seem to be a hit the league would want out of the game. I guess now they're saying it's quite alright to take a few strides into a player who's a few feet from the boards. I mean.. suppose he broke his neck? just because it didn't happen... doesn't mean it can't and won't next time. but, ok.. i guess that's fine. 

wow.. gotta say.. i'm pretty surprised by this one. I mean... that would seem to be a hit the league would want out of the game. I guess now they're saying it's quite alright to take a few strides into a player who's a few feet from the boards. I mean.. suppose he broke his neck? just because it didn't happen... doesn't mean it can't and won't next time. but, ok.. i guess that's fine. 

No surprise Shanahan does not like the Flyers and if he can go against them on a close call he will.

Exactly. Intent doesn't matter. He clearly didn't intend to treat Schenn with respect.

He had a choice. Try to kill a guy or don't. He made his choice. The league has to set the example to keep this crap from happening.

Randy Jones. This better be 6 games.

Exactly. Intent doesn't matter. He clearly didn't intend to treat Schenn with respect.

He had a choice. Try to kill a guy or don't. He made his choice. The league has to set the example to keep this crap from happening.

The league needs consistency. That will go a long way towards letting players know what will and will not be tolerated.

A Flyer got 6 games for a similar hit, and a guy demolishing a Flyer gets zero games or dollars in penalties. Seems legit.

Charging/boarding was obvious.  The arms shoving Schenn directly into the boards is all the "intent" one needs.

People were talking about a possible 10 games, which seemed much, but ZERO?  Shanny's and the league's perpetual bias are EFDUP!

This is the message that has players NOT knowing what a good hit is and what isn't. I already mentioned I didn't think they should throw the book at him, but even a game would let a guy like Wilson know that's an unacceptable hit. Same with the Quincey Getzlaf one.

The way Shanahan tells it, Schenn was the one at fault. The Flyers are soft! Until they start playing like NHLers they will continue to get pushed around,cheap shots aplenty,etc.. Montreal has a small team,but they are very chippy and stand up for each other. That's non-existent here!

If anybody thinks Wilson made a solid play on Schenn,take Wilson out and insert Rinaldo. How would you and Shanny grade that?

It would be six games and a thread here about his moronic play that hurt the team with a 5 min major and game misconduct.

The driver speeding down the residential street at 45 MPH in a 20 MPH zone isn't cleared of hitting the child because the child turned to try to get back to the curb.

There was one guy who was doing something blatantly illegal on the ice and caused the potentially dangerous situation.

That guy wasn't Brayden Schenn.

FWIW... i was playing NHL13 last night and managed to pretty much make the exact same hit on a player. I purposely charged and was totally looking to annihilate my opponent.  Interestingly, the result of the hit put the player into the boards in a very similar manner to Schenn. 

NOT EVEN A CALL on the play. There you have it folks... it's settled. 

FWIW... i was playing NHL13 last night and managed to pretty much make the exact same hit on a player. I purposely charged and was totally looking to annihilate my opponent.  Interestingly, the result of the hit put the player into the boards in a very similar manner to Schenn. 

What does Tony Romo do after winning the Super Bowl?

Turns off the xBox.

:ph34r:

• Like 1

Was the player you hit named "Brad Marchand"?